Thread: Bears position battle to keep an eye on

All League

Bears position battle to keep an eye on

The Bears currently have a competiton at LT between JaMarcus Webb and former 1st rounder Chris Williams. I listen to some Chicago sports radio and there seems to be at least a possibility the Bears will looking to ship out the loser of the battle. Neither are Pro Bowl caliber, but both would be huge upgrade at RT. Webb is a mountain and a mauler in the run game, and has improved in pass protection. Williams is the better pass blocker of the 2, and is more versatile as he can also play Guard(some think he should be a G instead of a T) but he's battle injuries a lot in Chicago.

It's possible they don't move either, but I think they would explore it for a decent offer, and they would likely move Williams before Webb because contract. If one becomes available, I hope the Jets take a serious look, and I think they know they have to still be exploring options at RT.

I don't know..I think they've tried C.Williams everywhere along the line and don't ever seem to be happy with him?

All League
    the st louis rams o-line did not allow any sacks last night either....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201208...ts&tab=analyze

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I don't know..I think they've tried C.Williams everywhere along the line and don't ever seem to be happy with him?
    either of those guys have got to better than WFH...they just have to be.

I'll take anything right now. I'm sick of feeling like 3 seconds is way is too much to ask for.

All League
    Yeah, but I think a lot of unhappiness is not all on level of play. I don't think his level of play has lived up to first round status, but he has been a servicable player I think that combined with his injury history, and a much cheaper option being a viable option for his position all adds up to the disappointment with him in that orginization.

It's a cliche, but sometimes a change of scenery is all a guy needs to turn it around.

Is it that easy to move from LT to RT ?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    They both have played RT as well.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    They both have played RT as well.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    either of those guys have got to better than WFH...they just have to be.
    Granted its a BR

Chris Williams and J'Marcus Webb are battling for the Chicago Bears' starting left-tackle position, and the loser is going to be relegated to being the backup, swing-tackle option.

Neither Webb nor Williams is a desirable backup option, given how poorly they've performed as starting right tackles in the past.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ttle-be-traded

Another article

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...illiams-tackle

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    If you can play LT, you should be able to play RT without much trouble.

On a slight tangent, how do you feel about Wayne Hunter as Tebow's blindside protector?

All League
    Granted its a BR

Chris Williams and J'Marcus Webb are battling for the Chicago Bears' starting left-tackle position, and the loser is going to be relegated to being the backup, swing-tackle option.

Neither Webb nor Williams is a desirable backup option, given how poorly they've performed as starting right tackles in the past.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ttle-be-traded

Another article

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...illiams-tackle
    I watch lots of Bears games, and in my opinion neither players stuggles at RT were in the same stratoshpere as Hunters. Both players were very young during their time at RT, and were going through some growing pains. I think both would be serious upgrades over Hunter. I think Webb will win the battle, but it's rumored that Mike Tice prefers Williams. Again, it's very possible neither go anywhere, but in my opinion, both would be significant upgrades over Hunter.

Hall Of Fame
    Just watched the Bears v Redskins. If they can block it up, Cutler is going to have a HUGE year. He looks great. He looks so free and easy and smooth when he is throwing. Everything is a spiral. He and Marshall look like they never left eachother.

What were the Broncos asking for him? I think they wanted Harris and a #1. I know he doesn't necessarily fit what Rex likes but still.

Anyone got a time machine?

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    If you can play LT, you should be able to play RT without much trouble.

On a slight tangent, how do you feel about Wayne Hunter as Tebow's blindside protector?

Not sure about your first statement as a guy might be much better going towards the left than going towards the right. You have to reverse just about everything you know. Also, there are more than subtle differences between the two positions.

As for Hunter, I'm not real happy with him being a front side or a blind side protector. People keep focusing on his sacks, it would seem, but his inability to stand a guy up or hold is ground is just as problematic, especially for Sanchez. I mean, how can he step into a throw towards the right side of the field with Hunter having been driven back and sitting in his lap?

Man there must be diamond in the rough out there someone has to be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Man there must be diamond in the rough out there someone has to be cut.
    I'd settle for a cubic zirconia at this point.