Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible Fixes

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Same. After a few seasons JI would be predominantly calling for his head.

No Superbowl right away = fired
    No not at all.
    Im talking about a guy who has let this team become a laughingstock in every sense of the word and has been given a free pass b/c he was fortunate to get this team to 2 AFCCGs on the back of talent put together by Mangini. He doesnt hold his players accountable and always seems to be making excuses for them. Guys like Parcells, Belichek, Cowher, Coughlin would never do that.

I dont care if he hasnt won a SB. I am annoyed at how he runs the team and the stupid Sh!t he says at press conferences to defend this joke of a team.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Same. After a few seasons JI would be predominantly calling for his head.

No Superbowl right away = fired.
    this should be a pre-requesit for any head coach that applies for this team. if arizona and new orleans do it dammit why cant the jets???

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I guess I am the anti-SAR in that I still value Rex as a HC. I think he needs a vet GM, not yes man in Tanny.
    The whole fire rex thing is a joke. He is a great coach. Our defense always will be great with him. People here really are taking that fact for granted.

What we really need is a GM who can really evaluate talent (specifically on the offensive side of the ball) not just numbers. Tanny is just a number-cruncher. The sad thing is, I think that Woody loves this fact because it means he saves more money.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    The whole fire rex thing is a joke. He is a great coach. Our defense always will be great with him. People here really are taking that fact for granted.

What we really need is a GM who can really evaluate talent (specifically on the offensive side of the ball) not just numbers. Tanny is just a number-cruncher. The sad thing is, I think that Woody loves this fact because it means he saves more money.

^THIS^

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    No not at all.
    Im talking about a guy who has let this team become a laughingstock in every sense of the word and has been given a free pass b/c he was fortunate to get this team to 2 AFCCGs on the back of talent put together by Mangini. He doesnt hold his players accountable and always seems to be making excuses for them. Guys like Parcells, Belichek, Cowher, Coughlin would never do that.

I dont care if he hasnt won a SB. I am annoyed at how he runs the team and the stupid Sh!t he says at press conferences to defend this joke of a team.
    I will submit to you that if he did win a Superbowl, that you wouldn't care what came out of his mouth.

People are the way they are. Rex is a great defensive coach. This will probably be the best defense out of the 4 years he has been here. We need to fix the offense.

Practice Squad
    Maybe the Front office will trade for another QB or a position we have no need for! As long as the player can bring some press to the team let's get him! Who needs a Right tackle or any lineman when we can just go out and get the most popular player, that is the JETS way!

I am so sick of this organization in general! They have been doing this to me all my life as a fan (39 years) They get a good team together and it looks like they are ready to take on the world then something stupid happens. They hired idiots like Cotite and walton, then they get the best HC in the business only to have the luck of having their star QB go down in the first game then Parcells retire after that. Then they hire another two idiots as HC, and getting Brett Farve! Then they hire a good coach in Ryan getting to two AFC championships only to not address certain positions and have it bite them in the @ss! So this year we have a chance to redo the line and what do they do trade for a circus at QB? Look with the line how it is now Payton Manning couldn't do a damn thing back there. But let's get a train wreck of a media player to bring more cameras and foucus on us not to mention that Tebow is not better than sanchez!!!! I really hope I am wrong about this and this all works out but being a fan for so long this organization will find a way to miss the super bowl yet again!!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Solution: Bill Cowher as GM+HC
    Hiring a coach that already one a suber bowl is even stupider than hiring a rookie Head Coach.

Veteran
    OT Chris Williams is a possible option. He has been rumored to be on the trading block if he loses his starting job with the Bears. Fairly young guy who hasnt really worked out to be what they hoped but has experience at RT and LT.

Could be an option

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Mo

RT- There are two choices here, Tony Pashos and Brandon Keith. Keith is younger but had an overall negative rating. The caveat is that is that most of the negative came from his first two games starting and he stabilized to neutral for the rest of the season. Pashos grades out quite positively (+4.4, +9.7 pass pro) with 12 games at RT. He's 32, which isn't young, but still not ancient. He also didn't grade out as a great run blocker... but seriously beggars can't be choosers.
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/player/stacyandrews/2506059/profile

stacy andrews released by the giants.

http://www.nfl.com/player/adamgoldberg/2505336/profile

adam goldberg released by the rams.

http://www.nfl.com/player/brandonkeith/1262/profile

brandon keith released by the cardinals.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jarrielking/2495191/profile

jarriel king released by the seahawks

http://www.nfl.com/player/kareemmcke...504712/profile

kareem mckenzie released by the giants.

just to name a few.... are we under or over the cap so far i dont even remember.

JETS 31

OT Chris Williams is a possible option. He has been rumored to be on the trading block if he loses his starting job with the Bears. Fairly young guy who hasnt really worked out to be what they hoped but has experience at RT and LT.

Could be an option

... good posts! ...

... if we upgrade RT even to slightly below average we can still make some noise this year ...

l_j_r

I dont see why the best option right now isnt austin howard.

He is young, strong, and had enough time in the nfl as a PS player to "develop". Oh, and he CANNOT POSSIBLY be worse then what hunter gave us on sat night. No, he isnt jonathon ogden, but none of the players mentioned are either or they wouldnt be FAs midway through the preseason.

Tanny needs to find an actual blocking TE (Cleveland currently has 4 TEs that are all decent and should be waiving one of them), and run 2 TE, 1 RB sets along with Keller, holmes and hill. Give howard TE help and see how the team does.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Woody Johnson is not the issue....he spends the money we need in order to win

Sometimes when you pay the big salaries (Mangold, Brick, Moore) you can't afford to pay big $$$$ for another OLineman

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

He is young, strong, and had enough time in the nfl as a PS player to "develop". Oh, and he CANNOT POSSIBLY be worse then what hunter gave us on sat night. No, he isnt jonathon ogden, but none of the players mentioned are either or they wouldnt be FAs midway through the preseason.

Tanny needs to find an actual blocking TE (Cleveland currently has 4 TEs that are all decent and should be waiving one of them), and run 2 TE, 1 RB sets along with Keller, holmes and hill. Give howard TE help and see how the team does.

... good post ...

... in addition to any other things that may be going on underneath the surface, we def need to see howard in there against carolina and see how he performs ...

l_j_r

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Woody Johnson is not the issue....he spends the money we need in order to win

Sometimes when you pay the big salaries (Mangold, Brick, Moore) you can't afford to pay big $$$$ for another OLineman
    Other then cincy, is there an owner that doesnt give his team the money to win?

The NFL is not hockey or baseball where some owners are tighte pocketed....so that is really not a positive when looking at Woody.

If woody really is the "headline grabber" that many here think he is, do you know how bad that has hurt the actual team on the field? Would you rather have had bobbie massie with our 4th round pick or tim tebow and all the crap he has brought with him?

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    So there's still Brandon Keith!

The last news I see for him is that the Pats tried him out in May.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4963/brandon-keith

Has he not even gotten a look from anyone since?

People laugh at the Pats for trying everybody out but this is exactly why. The Patriots already know who is out there and what they have left in the tank when they need someone. They constantly work out, try players just in case....I'm sure they have depth charts that are updated constantly on who they call on first if they need someone at a position.

All Pro
    I have been a Tannenbaum supporter for the longest, but it has become apparent that his gambles have caught up with him. There is no reason why the same issues we were complaining about last training camp are the same issues we are complaining about this training camp. As well as the misses he has had in the draft. I hate to say this but I think the fix for this team is to fire Tanny and hire a Bill Polian, someone who will tell Rex to STFU and coach, and tell Woody to STFU and open the checkbook....

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

This is a great question, but if I had to speculate, I'd say the answer is the almighty dollar.

Hunter has a guaranteed salary of $2 million this year. I don't think Tanny can openly admit he casually blew that much of Woody's money for a guy who couldn't even hold the starting job through 2 preseason games.

Because of the oversight of paying Hunter's roster bonus in the first place, Tanny & Co are going to give him every chance in the world to stay in the lineup. Not saying he'll be there forever, but the Jets won't be pulling the plug quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    This is a great question, but if I had to speculate, I'd say the answer is the almighty dollar.

Hunter has a guaranteed salary of $2 million this year. I don't think Tanny can openly admit he casually blew that much of Woody's money for a guy who couldn't even hold the starting job through 2 preseason games.

Because of the oversight of paying Hunter's roster bonus in the first place, Tanny & Co are going to give him every chance in the world to stay in the lineup. Not saying he'll be there forever, but the Jets won't be pulling the plug quickly.
    Then he (Tanny) will hopefully be let go at the end of a bad season. Hunter is most likely not the solution, save a miracle that makes him even an average RT.

Our owner is the biggest problem. He is so concerned with making headlines that he sacrifices winning. Brett Favre wasn't to win games it was to help fill seats and make headlines after the Giants won the Super Bowl and the PSL prices were being announced. Tim Tebow was to help fill up the upper deck when we really needed help on the OL.

If Rex has a poor season mark my words now Woody Johnson will do everything he can to bring in Bill Cowher to try to fill the place up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Our owner is the biggest problem. He is so concerned with making headlines that he sacrifices winning. Brett Favre wasn't to win games it was to help fill seats and make headlines after the Giants won the Super Bowl and the PSL prices were being announced. Tim Tebow was to help fill up the upper deck when we really needed help on the OL.

If Rex has a poor season mark my words now Woody Johnson will do everything he can to bring in Bill Cowher to try to fill the place up again.
    Didn't Sonny Werblin follow this motif too? That's why he went and got Namath.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post

And he will be fool for it, I will be right with you if that happens at the end of this season.