Thread: where do we go from here?

where do we go from here?

this is really driving me crazy.the jets are still up in the air with their starting offense and defense.something tells me that ryan is not the coach that we think he is.tanny looks like he is in over his head[time for a change there]bill polian is available.he has a good track record.q.b. situation should have been solved by now.if we do not get our act together on these points.we will follow in the colts footsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    this is really driving me crazy.the jets are still up in the air with their starting offense and defense.something tells me that ryan is not the coach that we think he is.tanny looks like he is in over his head[time for a change there]bill polian is available.he has a good track record.q.b. situation should have been solved by now.if we do not get our act together on these points.we will follow in the colts footsteps.
    DUMP. The D looks like the one of the best Jets D's ever. Tannanbaum and Ryan are the best coach GM combo we've had since I started watching in 86. Ryan is a larger then life character. He reminds me of vintage John Madden. This team is an average RT away from a solid playoff season. Get off the ledge.

The course of action is as follows:

-Tannenbaum needs to do whatever he can to find a competent RT ASAP. It's to the point where they need to overpay for one if they have to.

-We can't properly evaluate Sanchez and the passing game until Sanchez gets time to throw it. We also need to see Holmes in there to take the coverage away from Keller and Hill.

-They need to sign a purely blocking TE off waivers (or make Hunter that blocker after getting a new RT) because Jeff Cumberland cannot block. Can't ground and pound in a 2 TE set with him.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    DUMP. The D looks like the one of the best Jets D's ever. Tannanbaum and Ryan are the best coach GM combo we've had since I started watching in 86. Ryan is a larger then life character. He reminds me of vintage John Madden. This team is an average RT away from a solid playoff season. Get off the ledge.
    Basically, not so sure about playoffs though.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    The course of action is as follows:

-Tannenbaum needs to do whatever he can to find a competent RT ASAP. It's to the point where they need to overpay for one if they have to.

-We can't properly evaluate Sanchez and the passing game until Sanchez gets time to throw it. We also need to see Holmes in there to take the coverage away from Keller and Hill.

-They need to sign a purely blocking TE off waivers (or make Hunter that blocker after getting a new RT) because Jeff Cumberland cannot block. Can't ground and pound in a 2 TE set with him.
    A lot of posters have been saying exactly this since the beginning of the off season - we need a starting RT and a blocking TE. Too bad Tannenbaum doesn't read JI !

All Pro
    Where do we go
    Where do we go now
    Where do we go

Hall Of Fame
    Where do we go?

To the top of the draft.

All League
    Into the 3rd week of the preseason.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    This game will show the most.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    A lot of posters have been saying exactly this since the beginning of the off season - we need a starting RT and a blocking TE. Too bad Tannenbaum doesn't read JI !
    Who are / were available for those 2 positions?

And remember Eric Winston was released after the Jets guaranteed Hunter's contract per the parameters (date) in Hunter's contract

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Who are / were available for those 2 positions?

And remember Eric Winston was released after the Jets guaranteed Hunter's contract per the parameters (date) in Hunter's contract
    Guaranteeing Hunter's contract was just one of several mistakes made this off season by the front office.

A RT could have been found in the draft or by trading for somebody's backup OL. The choices have been discussed in another thread.

A blocking TE could have easily been had with just a late round draft pick or even UDFA priority signing. I remember George Bryan from NC State or Cory Harkey from UCLA were names discussed on the draft board.

All Pro
    Remember when Tanny thought he could get a draft pick for hunter? Hahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Guaranteeing Hunter's contract was just one of several mistakes made this off season by the front office.

A RT could have been found in the draft or by trading for somebody's backup OL. The choices have been discussed in another thread.

A blocking TE could have easily been had with just a late round draft pick or even UDFA priority signing. I remember George Bryan from NC State or Cory Harkey from UCLA were names discussed on the draft board.
    TE Tarren Lloyd is a well regarded blocking TE..Bryan was released by the 'boys..I don't see him being signed by any other team

Big, in-line blocking tight end with good foot speed who helped pave the way for one of the nationís most productive rushing attacks. Former walk-on with limited career production, but understands positioning, generates movement in the run game and is a functional short receiver. Needs to get stronger.
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...rren-lloyd-88/

June 19, 2012 - 5:40 PM ET
    Cowboys waived TE George Bryan.

A two-time All-ACC selection, Bryan went undrafted out of North Carolina State. He was behind fellow undrafted free agent Andrew Szczerba, who made a better impression as a blocker while also reeling in a few catches in spring practices.
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/47881139/

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    TE Tarren Lloyd is a well regarded blocking TE..Bryan was released by the 'boys..I don't see him being signed by any other team

Big, in-line blocking tight end with good foot speed who helped pave the way for one of the nation’s most productive rushing attacks. Former walk-on with limited career production, but understands positioning, generates movement in the run game and is a functional short receiver. Needs to get stronger.
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...rren-lloyd-88/

June 19, 2012 - 5:40 PM ET
    Cowboys waived TE George Bryan.

A two-time All-ACC selection, Bryan went undrafted out of North Carolina State. He was behind fellow undrafted free agent Andrew Szczerba, who made a better impression as a blocker while also reeling in a few catches in spring practices.
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/47881139/
    I wasn't that familiar with Lloyd before the draft. But I know Turbin and Michael Smith from Utah State were a fantastic rushing duo so somebody must have been doing some good blocking for them. (as an aside, Smith was a guy I was hoping the Jets might pick up late to add some explosiveness to our backfield)
    Last edited by lageman4ever; 08-19-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Where do we go
    Where do we go now
    Where do we go
    Sweet child...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    This team is an average RT away from a solid playoff season. Get off the ledge.
    Maybe Dr. Frankenstein is building one in his laboratory as we speak.