Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hill impressed me

Stephen Hill impressed me

This guy is amazing! I re-watched the game last night and he is everything we could have asked for and then some. His ability to catch the ball with his body is TOP NOTCH.

Explosion off the line of scrimmage!

Crisp Routes

Here's another nice one

Willing to engage in run blocking

I hope the guy turns out great but did you really use a picture of him on his a$$ as an example of blocking prowess?

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I hope the guy turns out great but did you really use a picture of him on his a$$ as an example of blocking prowess?
    Your sarcasm detector is apparently not operating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    Or existent lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Nice vintage 14" Zenith tv you got there

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Nice vintage 14" Zenith tv you got there
    Try a 42 inch HD. It could be a 14 inch Zenith but that still doesn't change the fact that Hill is not near ready.

What a coincidence!

LOL

We traded up and get a project in Hill with Alshon still on the board!!!! Here are some quotes from Bears fans on their forum.

"Alshon's catch with the PI was beautiful. Wow... great route and great way to seal the defender. Veteran move. "

"wow, jeffrey split 3 defenders and outran them down the sideline....very impressive"

"Yeah B Marsh definitely has more speed than I originally thought. Marshall and Jeffrey looked awesome. I hope we see both of them on the field A LOT this year."

"I really do think that it's going to really benefit Jeffery to not have to worry about being brought in to be the primary target on the offense with Marshall here. So far the A.J. pick looks nothing short of outstanding, I hope he keeps up the exceptional play."

" I think AJ needs another shout out. The way he drew interference on that block and still caught the ball is good vet type play"

"Pass over that big old plate of cooked crow! : ). Jeffery has been alot better than ever expected ,esp this early,, he has been all you expect from a rookie WR and then some.. was worried about his weight issues and attitude, but glad to eat crow and saw that sure has not been the case!.. he's said all the right things, showed up in great shape in OTA's and Camp and now showing legit NFL talent and ability to get open.. think he will continue to get more and more playing time each week, really has the body control you can't teach. So very glad to see all my worries so far were wrong : )"

"Alshon's going to be a gamer. It's kind of amazing how different he's been from what critics feared he might be. He's been nothing but a humble, team-first player, with a potentially dominant skill-set. An incredible find in round 2. Hope he keeps it up and keeps improving."

"Alshon's performance through two games has been real exciting. So much potential there, and it's even translating to the NFL some already. Yes, yes, just pre-season... but making plays is making plays. I hope we keep seeing more of the same from him once Sept 9th rolls around. "

"Alshon has been awesome, much better than I had ever expected. Crow is eaten by me as well. I can't believe how god this WR core is, and how great it can be. Loved watching his run after catch, you can't do that without agility and separation. He is getting more and more comfortable. "

"I thought jeffery would be good but I expected him to develop a lot slower then the pace he's at now. I think his work ethic and his motivation to prove everyone wrong has really pushed him to try and get the best out of him. "

"Not shock at all of Jeffery's early success. The guy beast on SEC DB's for 3 years and has some of the best highlight videos I have ever seen of any WR coming into the draft. Deceptive speed, great hands, ridicolous catch radius, and is extremely athletic. When he reaches his full potential as a route runner, we might have another #1 WR on the roster. "

"The question is "Who looks better, Marshall or Jeffery"??? "

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JetSouth View Post
    This guy is amazing! I re-watched the game last night and he is everything we could have asked for and then some. His ability to catch the ball with his body is TOP NOTCH.

Explosion off the line of scrimmage!

Crisp Routes

Here's another nice one

Willing to engage in run blocking

Nice shots Jetssouth!

Rookie
    We traded up and get a project in Hill with Alshon still on the board!!!! Here are some quotes from Bears fans on their forum.

"Alshon's catch with the PI was beautiful. Wow... great route and great way to seal the defender. Veteran move. "

"wow, jeffrey split 3 defenders and outran them down the sideline....very impressive"

"Yeah B Marsh definitely has more speed than I originally thought. Marshall and Jeffrey looked awesome. I hope we see both of them on the field A LOT this year."

"I really do think that it's going to really benefit Jeffery to not have to worry about being brought in to be the primary target on the offense with Marshall here. So far the A.J. pick looks nothing short of outstanding, I hope he keeps up the exceptional play."

" I think AJ needs another shout out. The way he drew interference on that block and still caught the ball is good vet type play"

"Pass over that big old plate of cooked crow! : ). Jeffery has been alot better than ever expected ,esp this early,, he has been all you expect from a rookie WR and then some.. was worried about his weight issues and attitude, but glad to eat crow and saw that sure has not been the case!.. he's said all the right things, showed up in great shape in OTA's and Camp and now showing legit NFL talent and ability to get open.. think he will continue to get more and more playing time each week, really has the body control you can't teach. So very glad to see all my worries so far were wrong : )"

"Alshon's going to be a gamer. It's kind of amazing how different he's been from what critics feared he might be. He's been nothing but a humble, team-first player, with a potentially dominant skill-set. An incredible find in round 2. Hope he keeps it up and keeps improving."

"Alshon's performance through two games has been real exciting. So much potential there, and it's even translating to the NFL some already. Yes, yes, just pre-season... but making plays is making plays. I hope we keep seeing more of the same from him once Sept 9th rolls around. "

"Alshon has been awesome, much better than I had ever expected. Crow is eaten by me as well. I can't believe how god this WR core is, and how great it can be. Loved watching his run after catch, you can't do that without agility and separation. He is getting more and more comfortable. "

"I thought jeffery would be good but I expected him to develop a lot slower then the pace he's at now. I think his work ethic and his motivation to prove everyone wrong has really pushed him to try and get the best out of him. "

"Not shock at all of Jeffery's early success. The guy beast on SEC DB's for 3 years and has some of the best highlight videos I have ever seen of any WR coming into the draft. Deceptive speed, great hands, ridicolous catch radius, and is extremely athletic. When he reaches his full potential as a route runner, we might have another #1 WR on the roster. "

"The question is "Who looks better, Marshall or Jeffery"??? "
    Yes because 3 weeks of training camp and fans reports are the true measuring stick for an nfl career. Maybe you let these guys play some games before you label Hill a bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Yes because 3 weeks of training camp and fans reports are the true measuring stick for an nfl career. Maybe you let these guys play some games before you label Hill a bust?
    Not saying he's a bust. I'm saying he is not ready to play WR in the NFL and Jeffrey seems to be off to a fast start. Which would you rather have on the 2012 Jets?

Jets Insider VIP
    The kid is extremely raw.

Hopefully in two years, we'll really have something.

I still think it's a mistake to rely on this kid as a starter from day one. He needs to be brought along slowly.

This team needs a stop-gap veteran as the #2.

Someone not named Braylon Edwards.

Rookie
    Not saying he's a bust. I'm saying he is not ready to play WR in the NFL and Jeffrey seems to be off to a fast start. Which would you rather have on the 2012 Jets?
    Right now neither of them has played a down in a real nfl game. We drafted Hill, he's the Jet. Therefore he's the guy I'd rather have and hes the guy I'm cheering for.

Veteran
    So we've fallen to trashing rookies in their second preseason start? Wow....just....wow.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Right now neither of them has played a down in a real nfl game. We drafted Hill, he's the Jet. Therefore he's the guy I'd rather have and hes the guy I'm cheering for.
    agreed

Not ready to play in the NFL??? WTF? That's a nonsensical statement

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    So we've fallen to trashing rookies in their second preseason start? Wow....just....wow.
    1 in a 100 rookie receivers contribute anything significant their rookie season. Instead of bashing our rookie receiver, why don't you turn your attention to hunter, oline, FB, RB, and TE. there's plenty to bash...

Hill really struggled to get off the line against the Giants first team

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    1 in a 100 rookie receivers contribute anything significant their rookie season. Instead of bashing our rookie receiver, why don't you turn your attention to hunter, oline, FB, RB, and TE. there's plenty to bash...
    I'm beating the bandwagon to the spot.