Brandon Keith UFA Arizona
    Scott Kooistra UFA Minnesota
    Mark LeVoir UFA St. Louis
    Kareem McKenzie UFA New York Giants
    Ryan O'Callaghan UFA Kansas City
    Jeff Otah cut Carolina
    Tony Pashos cut Cleveland

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...er-by-position

hopefully otah has been working out and we can give him another shot...unlikely i know

definitely bring in McKenzie for a workout. I wonder if Pashos has anything left?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    definitely bring in McKenzie for a workout. I wonder if Pashos has anything left?
    My father in law heard Giants might want him back?

Sign them all. One of the has be better than Hunter.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    +1

All League
    Otah on one leg is better than hunter

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    As of 8/17:

Offensive tackles FA Type 2011 Team 2012

Stacy Andrews UFA New York Giants
    Kirk Chambers UFA Atlanta
    Chad Clifton cut Green Bay
    Adam Goldberg UFA St. Louis
    Brandon Keith UFA Arizona
    Scott Kooistra UFA Minnesota
    Mark LeVoir UFA St. Louis
    Kareem McKenzie UFA New York Giants
    Ryan O'Callaghan UFA Kansas City
    Jeff Otah cut Carolina
    Tony Pashos cut Cleveland

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...er-by-position
    Pictured, Mike Tannenbaum looking for a Right Tackle:

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    My father in law heard Giants might want him back?
    Only recent thing I could find regarding McKenzie

The Snoopy Bowl: Pre-game primer

Posted on August 18, 2012 4:12 pmby Art Stapleton

THESE GUYS ARE WORTH WATCHING:
    * LT Sean Locklear: With Will Beatty sidelined with his recurring back/sciatica issue, Eli Manningís blind side is becoming a concern. The veteran Locklear has been there throughout camp when Beatty could not practice, but if he canít do the job, expect the Giants to consider flipping David Diehl back to LT. Diehl is currently setting in to the right tackle spot, creating a formidable right side with Pro Bowl guard Chris Snee. If Diehl does have to move, we could see any number of combinations at RT with James Brewer, Locklear and perhaps Kareem McKenzie, a FA who started there for the Giants last season.

http://blog.northjersey.com/giants/2...e-game-primer/

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    He's likely out for all of 2012, Achilles surgery back in March.

All League
    Yes! Every single one of them and let the best man win

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    He's likely out for all of 2012, Achilles surgery back in March.
    Cleveland Browns RT Tony Pashos upset after being told the Browns are releasing him, played last year on ruptured tendon

Published: Monday, March 12, 2012, 4:05 PM

CLEVELAND -- Browns starting right tackle Tony Pashos is "really upset'' about being released by the Browns after he played all last season on a ruptured tendon in his left foot that required surgery, his agent Rick Smith told the Plain Dealer today.

The Browns will release Pashos, who underwent the surgery last Tuesday, on the basis that he failed his physical, Smith said. The move is expected to by made by Tuesday, when free agency begins.

Pashos, who was set to make $3.35 million in 2012, will receive $1 million for injury protection per the collective bargaining agreement.

"Tony feels like he had the team's back last season,'' said Smith. "He wishes the team had his back now.''

The Browns declined to comment through team spokesman Neal Gulkis.
    Smith explained that Pashos, 31, completely ruptured the peroneus longus tendon in his left foot during the final preseason game, but that the peroneus brevis tendon remained intact.

Because the one tendon was intact, Pashos was told he could either have the surgery right away, or "basically gut through it'' and repair it after the season, Smith said. He was told the rehab would take about 9-10 months.

"Because the team lacked depth on the offensive line, especially at right tackle, Tony wanted to help the team,'' said Smith. "He knew what he was doing.''

Pashos sat out the first three regular season games, and then returned on the injured tendon.

"But in order to be able to do that, he had to be given an enormous amount of pain pills and shots,'' said Smith. "It was an enormous amount, to the point where at Christmas, he went into the hospital with three ulcers from the pain medication. You can see that he missed the final regular season game, because he was in the hospital with the ulcers.''

Smith stressed that Browns head trainer Joe Sheehan had Pashos' back throughout the season.

"Joe told Tony 'at any point, if you want to shut this down, I'll go upstairs and shut this down for you,''' said Smith. "Joe was real good to Tony. But Tony wanted to continue to try to help the team.''

Smith said Pashos had to wait until last Tuesday to have the surgery because of the ulcers.

"While Tony was in the hospital, I got the call from the Browns giving me the heads up that they were releasing him,'' said Smith. "When Tony called the Browns, they told him he was a warrior.

"But he's not a warrior. He's somebody's son, somebody's husband, somebody's father. He's a guy trying to support his family.''

Smith said Pashos, who's heading into his 10th season, will be out for eight or nine months, which means he'll miss most or all of next season.

"He's going to do whatever it takes (to play again), but the last film on him is him playing half speed,'' said Smith.

He said Pashos never used the foot as an excuse last season, even though he occasionally took some heat for his performance. "He didn't hide behind the injury,'' said Smith. "You never heard a word out of him all year.''

He said the Browns could've placed Pashos on the physically unable to perform list and let him rehab with the Browns, or they could've reduced his salary. As it is, the Browns will save about $2 million on the salary cap, which will put them about $19.4 million under the cap heading into free agency.

"Tony really bought into what the Browns were selling,'' said Smith. "Now he's off on his own.''

Pashos signed with the Browns as a free agent in 2010, earning $4 million in salary and bonuses his first year and $2.2 million in 2011. He played in only six games in 2010 because of an ankle injury that landed him on injured reserve.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ony_pasho.html

As of 8/10:
    Tony Pashos ‏@BigGreek79
    @cookienation26 great, still rehabbing.
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-19-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Be it Banks or Football teams, the days of corporate loyalty have been gone since the 80's. They expect employees to gut it out for them and then release people the day their stock goes down. It sucks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

Awesome....

All League
    I swear I just read somewhere today that Otah has been working with former NFL center LaCharles Bentley on getting back into shape in hopes of making it with a team this year. I went back and tried finding an article but can't find squat. Must be losing my mind.

All Pro

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I swear I just read somewhere today that Otah has been working with former NFL center LaCharles Bentley on getting back into shape in hopes of making it with a team this year. I went back and tried finding an article but can't find squat. Must be losing my mind.
    http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports..._otah/11389786

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Another sighting .. This one at the stadium ...

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post

Jason Pinkston ‏@JasonPinkstonOL
    @jeffotah79 got to chill and talk with my brother all night about are training at @LeCharlesBent65 gym #work

This is a good one from Bent
    LeCharles Bentley ‏@LeCharlesBent65
    O_O @espn_nfceast: Still not buying this. If Tebow's all that, why can't he lay his hands on Wayne Hunter and make him a good blocker?