Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Available Tackles per PFW

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jason Pinkston ‏@JasonPinkstonOL
    @jeffotah79 got to chill and talk with my brother all night about are training at @LeCharlesBent65 gym #work


    This is a good one from Bent
    LeCharles Bentley ‏@LeCharlesBent65
    O_O @espn_nfceast: Still not buying this. If Tebow's all that, why can't he lay his hands on Wayne Hunter and make him a good blocker?
    Awesome.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I swear I just read somewhere today that Otah has been working with former NFL center LaCharles Bentley on getting back into shape in hopes of making it with a team this year. I went back and tried finding an article but can't find squat. Must be losing my mind.
    Submitted by Sports Agent Blog on Aug 6, 2012

    Jeff Otah has had a full plate as of late.

    The offensive tackle was traded by the Carolina Panthers to the New York Jets last week, only to go back to the Panthers based on the trade not going through due to Otah’s failure to pass a mandatory physical.

    Otah was a first round pick by Carolina in the 2008 NFL Draft, but has battled the injury bug ever since. Then the Panthers made Otah go through physicals to see if they even wanted to keep him on their roster. They chose not to retain Otah; he is now a free agent.

    Meanwhile, Otah also was going through a change of representation. He was formerly represented by Lock Metz Malinovic (LMM) and recently switched to Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod of Schwartz & Feinsod. The company has already announced that Otah will be at former Pro Bowler LeCharles Bentley’s O-Line Academy.

    Jeff Otah is headed to the OLAcademy @ @LeCharlesBent65

    Feinsod has also stated, “[Otah will] definitely be able to play again, and we definitely think he’ll be able to play this season.”

    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sport...-one-jeff-otah

    Otah now with Revis agents

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Submitted by Sports Agent Blog on Aug 6, 2012

    Jeff Otah has had a full plate as of late.

    The offensive tackle was traded by the Carolina Panthers to the New York Jets last week, only to go back to the Panthers based on the trade not going through due to Otah’s failure to pass a mandatory physical.

    Otah was a first round pick by Carolina in the 2008 NFL Draft, but has battled the injury bug ever since. Then the Panthers made Otah go through physicals to see if they even wanted to keep him on their roster. They chose not to retain Otah; he is now a free agent.

    Meanwhile, Otah also was going through a change of representation. He was formerly represented by Lock Metz Malinovic (LMM) and recently switched to Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod of Schwartz & Feinsod. The company has already announced that Otah will be at former Pro Bowler LeCharles Bentley’s O-Line Academy.

    Jeff Otah is headed to the OLAcademy @ @LeCharlesBent65

    Feinsod has also stated, “[Otah will] definitely be able to play again, and we definitely think he’ll be able to play this season.”

    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sport...-one-jeff-otah

    Otah now with Revis agents
    No chance he signs with us, if healthy, then.

  4. #24
    Stacy Andrews and Kareem McKenzie better be brought in for tryouts this week, at the very least.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,195
    Vernon Carey could un-retire

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Stacy Andrews and Kareem McKenzie better be brought in for tryouts this week, at the very least.
    Former Giants lineman Stacy Andrews learns of concerning back issue after workout with the team

    Published: Monday, August 13, 2012, 10:46 AM

    ............

    So as I went through my mental Rolodex, two names of former Giants came to mind: Kareem McKenzie and Stacy Andrews. While I can't tell you much about McKenze and am not even sure he'd come back for anything less than a spot as an unquestioned starter, I can tell you Andrews won't be returning anytime soon.

    Andrews' agent, Rich Moran, said in a text message on Sunday night his client worked out for the Giants on July 2 and nearly signed one of two contract offers made to him. However, the team included injury waivers in both of those proposals -- one because of his knee and another in the second offer in regards to his back.

    Andrews, who started three games for the Giants last season, suffered a back injury in practice and aggravated it in the weight room. Then came a much more frightening scenario when he developed blood clots that traveled to his lungs. Andrews was on Cumadin this spring and had hoped to return to the NFL and/or the Giants. He worked out for one team Moran didn't identify, though the agent said an offer was made, and had another workout scheduled for July 13. He called off that workout because the Giants, perhaps a bit worried about Beatty, apparently meant business.

    But Moran said the waiver in the Giants' proposal required Andrews to see his own back doctor. Andrews believed his back was fine and considered the Giants' doctors to be his physicians.

    "Stacy and his wife were worried since his brother (Shawn) never had back waivers (despite) two surgeries," Moran wrote. "He saw (noted neck and spine specialist Robert) Watkins and learned a lot. ... He and his wife feel blessed they went to Watkins!"

    Moran declined to provide specifics about what Watkins found, but it sounds like it was something very serious and concerning. Combined with the blood clots, that makes a couple of major scares in less than a year.

    It's unclear at this point whether the 31-year-old Andrews will be able to play again. His brother Shawn, who started seven games for the Giants in 2010, has yet to return to the NFL. Shawn has not officially announced his retirement.

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._stacy_an.html

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Former Giants lineman Stacy Andrews learns of concerning back issue after workout with the team

    Published: Monday, August 13, 2012, 10:46 AM

    ............

    So as I went through my mental Rolodex, two names of former Giants came to mind: Kareem McKenzie and Stacy Andrews. While I can't tell you much about McKenze and am not even sure he'd come back for anything less than a spot as an unquestioned starter, I can tell you Andrews won't be returning anytime soon.

    Andrews' agent, Rich Moran, said in a text message on Sunday night his client worked out for the Giants on July 2 and nearly signed one of two contract offers made to him. However, the team included injury waivers in both of those proposals -- one because of his knee and another in the second offer in regards to his back.

    Andrews, who started three games for the Giants last season, suffered a back injury in practice and aggravated it in the weight room. Then came a much more frightening scenario when he developed blood clots that traveled to his lungs. Andrews was on Cumadin this spring and had hoped to return to the NFL and/or the Giants. He worked out for one team Moran didn't identify, though the agent said an offer was made, and had another workout scheduled for July 13. He called off that workout because the Giants, perhaps a bit worried about Beatty, apparently meant business.

    But Moran said the waiver in the Giants' proposal required Andrews to see his own back doctor. Andrews believed his back was fine and considered the Giants' doctors to be his physicians.

    "Stacy and his wife were worried since his brother (Shawn) never had back waivers (despite) two surgeries," Moran wrote. "He saw (noted neck and spine specialist Robert) Watkins and learned a lot. ... He and his wife feel blessed they went to Watkins!"

    Moran declined to provide specifics about what Watkins found, but it sounds like it was something very serious and concerning. Combined with the blood clots, that makes a couple of major scares in less than a year.

    It's unclear at this point whether the 31-year-old Andrews will be able to play again. His brother Shawn, who started seven games for the Giants in 2010, has yet to return to the NFL. Shawn has not officially announced his retirement.

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._stacy_an.html
    FACK!!


    McKenzie it is.

  8. #28
    Wouldn't chad clifton, at least on experience and savvy, be an upgrade here.

    He might not dominate anyone physically anymore, but at least he won't get thrown on the ground like a rag doll.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Wouldn't chad clifton, at least on experience and savvy, be an upgrade here.

    He might not dominate anyone physically anymore, but at least he won't get thrown on the ground like a rag doll.
    Nick Caserio says reports of offensive tackle Chad Clifton coming to New England for a physical are untrue

    Published: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 1:47 PM

    FOXBOROUGH – New England Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio refuted a report that said the team has plans to bring free-agent offensive tackle Chad Clifton in for a physical and workout.

    “There’s no truth to that,” Caserio said.

    The Patriots were reported to have shown interest in Clifton, who spent the last 12 seasons with the Green Bay Packers, earlier in training camp after suffering a rash of injuries across the offensive line.

    New England has signed three tackles since the start of training camp – Darrion Weems, Dustin Waldron, and Kyle Hill – but continues to fight depth issues with Sebastian Vollmer (back) and Matt Kopa (ankle) both sidelined.
    Kyle Hix and Waldron are also banged up and were held out of Thursday’s preseason opener against the New Orleans Saints.

    http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/20...riots_hav.html


    Published Friday, May 4, 2012 at 5:47 pm EDT

    Former Green Bay Packers left tackle Chad Clifton, who was cut by the team last month after failing a physical due to back problems, hopes to continue his playing career after strengthening his back.

    A two-time Pro Bowl pick, Clifton will turn 36 next month. He was limited to six games last season because of hamstring and back injuries, after starting at least 15 games in seven of the previous eight seasons.

    http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...rs-brett-favre
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-19-2012 at 09:26 PM.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,323
    Jets would be real foolish not to bring in Otah for a look

  11. #31
    This post on www.ganggreennation.com suggests that Andre Gurode is available, though he hasn't play OT to my knowledge.

    Theoretically we could move Slauson out to RT and bring in an OG or start Ducasse at LG. However, i would like to see Howard in with the 1's on OL. Bottom line is Hunter has one more shot next Sunday.

  12. #32
    All of the FA options have serious medical concerns. I've got to think trying to pry somebody off of the bench would be more likely to succeed. Especially a team with a strong OL like Cincinnati or Green Bay.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    This post on www.ganggreennation.com suggests that Andre Gurode is available, though he hasn't play OT to my knowledge.
    Who cares if Andre Gurode knows how to play right tackle or not. One thing's for sure, the man knows how to take a curb stopping, and that's an attribute that shouldn't be underestimated.

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,344
    Seriously anyone is better then hunter. I'd take an over the hill mckenzie or Ufa.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    *looks at list*

    "Seems my job here is safe"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us