Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Before you can go to the top you have to hit bottom

Before you can go to the top you have to hit bottom

Like most Jet fans I thought the Giants played at a level that was beyond this current Jets team. While I am not ready to give up on the season it's obvious that this team has a hell of lot of work to do before they can compete with teams like the Giants and Packers.

Watching the Ravens this week I could not help but compare some of their problems with ours. If the Ravens had a better offense and QB they probably could have more rings.

What really bothers me is that the offensive problems this year are a continuation of the problems from last year. It leaves me wondering if Rex has a grasp of offensive strategy and is too ingrained in the defense. If this team continues to have offensive problems than obviously there are deeper issues here that we know about.

As for the OL I agree with other posters who say that his play has started to go down hill. Why Rex and Tanny dont address this is beyond me but Rex needs to stop worrying about being a players coach and call his players in for a comet to Jesus meeting when they underperform.

Obviously we do need help at WR as there isn't any WR who can stretch the field. Opposing teams will continue to bring their LB's in to stop the run while daring the Jets to throw the ball. Same as last year.

I wonder what the decision making is for draft picks? Is it driven by Rex or by Tanny and what is the philosophy behind the picks (i.e. offense vs. defense) and who is held accountable ?

The Patsies are also having their problem on offense but they have a proven SB QB and seem to be able to turn it as the season progresses. Remember that the Giants record last year was 9-7 and they ran the table in the playoffs. Don't throw in the towel yet. As always they will play exciting football and like Sanchez said it's a long season.

Rookie
    The Patsies are also having their problem on offense but they have a proven SB QB and seem to be able to turn it as the season progresses.
    Different animal with Pats. They just got their starting LG back and their starting RT is coming off PUP tommorrow. They are still waiting for their starting RG (Waters) to report to camp.

Jets don't seem to have any flow to their offense so far. Only 2 games but they should be able to show some offense. Maybe shltty wasn't the problem after all?

Jets Insider VIP
    I love that term...LOT OF WORK TO DO.

Bread won't rise without yeast.

We have a yeast infection that may win 7 games. maybe.

rex does not give 2 sh!ts about the o. Never has never will. This guy is a freakin joke of a head coach. 5-11 here we come.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post

The Patsies are also having their problem on offense but they have a proven SB QB and seem to be able to turn it as the season progresses.

This guy is a known Patriots fan. Please don't respond to his garbage.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We have a yeast infection that may win 7 games. maybe.
    LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    rex does not give 2 sh!ts about the o. Never has never will. This guy is a freakin joke of a head coach. 5-11 here we come.
    I am of the exact same opinion as you. Fish stinks from the head down. Our ST's suck ass too. The only thing that matter is his defense. And we will win between 3-6 games this season.

the jets have been on the bottom for the past 43 yrs. were a joke, and woody is more concerned with media attention, then winning the SB.

there is good news

1) the Jets don't have to play the Giants again this year, except perhaps in the SB (heh heh)

2) preseason losses don't matter. they aren't peaking in august that's good news.

All Pro
    The only things I don't understand are why we didn't get someone to compete at RT, why we guaranteed Hunter's salary, or why we got Tebow. The Tebow thing is no big deal as far as I'm concerned, except that maybe we could have used that pick as part of a trade for a RT. How different this team would look if Otah had been in shape? No one on offense can look good when the QB is constantly pressured, and Hunter's run blocking was no better. I think we'll compensate for Hunter, but that will still limit the offense. The worst part is that we know Hunter can do it. He's probably the most athletically gifted Olineman on the team. He's just a headcase. I hope we find a replacement soon. I don't care if we need to trade a 2 for an average tackle. Oh and Howard did not play any better than Hunter. We actually seem to have pretty good depth at guard, but none of them seem to be able to play tackle. Oh and sign a blocking TE please.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    the jets have been on the bottom for the past 43 yrs. were a joke, and woody is more concerned with media attention, then winning the SB.
    Troll

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    there is good news

1) the Jets don't have to play the Giants again this year, except perhaps in the SB (heh heh)

2) preseason losses don't matter. they aren't peaking in august that's good news.
    The worst part about last nights game is I heard the announcers say the Giants gave up over 130 yds rushing to the Jags and we were still not able to ground and pound it against them. We show at least see signs of what might be

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Troll
    You decided to post???? When I think JET homer, you and a few others come to mind.

No disrespect, I in fact respect your passion and simultaneously question my bitterness. I have been a fan since the late 70's.

That said...what tells you that the JETS of 2011 are gone? All I saw was the last 3 games of 2011 all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    What makes matters worse it that the Giants are winning SBs while we are continuously looked at as a joke organization. And just to make it worse, we have a clown HC making a fool of himself with his ridiculous talk, drafted a lazy QB who's indecision includes not knowing whether he's gay or straight, hired the fist pumping idiot coach for our OC, and now we've acquired the biggest circus story in Tebow. This really is unbelievable.

Why are we getting punished? What the hell?!?!?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    What makes matters worse it that the Giants are winning SBs while we are continuously looked at as a joke organization. And just to make it worse, we have a clown HC making a fool of himself with his ridiculous talk, drafted a lazy QB who's indecision includes not knowing whether he's gay or straight, hired the fist pumping idiot coach for our OC, and now we've acquired the biggest circus story in Tebow. This really is unbelievable.

Why are we getting punished? What the hell?!?!?

Pittsburgh, Giants, Pats, Green Bay ..all win.

The recipe is clear yet JETS management acts like they know better.

All League
    I seriously just had a very good feeling come over me. This year is our year gentlemen. 11-5 and we will make it back to the AFC championship game. I can't tell beyond that tho.

Jets Insider VIP
    Troll
    The worst example of one

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I am of the exact same opinion as you. Fish stinks from the head down. Our ST's suck ass too. The only thing that matter is his defense. And we will win between 3-6 games this season.
    Do you two overreact much? 3-6 wins? That's a little over the top.

So long as the defense is there, the Jets will be somewhere near a .500 team. 7-9 wins can easily happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Like most Jet fans I thought the Giants played at a level that was beyond this current Jets team. While I am not ready to give up on the season it's obvious that this team has a hell of lot of work to do before they can compete with teams like the Giants and Packers.

Watching the Ravens this week I could not help but compare some of their problems with ours. If the Ravens had a better offense and QB they probably could have more rings.

What really bothers me is that the offensive problems this year are a continuation of the problems from last year. It leaves me wondering if Rex has a grasp of offensive strategy and is too ingrained in the defense. If this team continues to have offensive problems than obviously there are deeper issues here that we know about.

As for the OL I agree with other posters who say that his play has started to go down hill. Why Rex and Tanny dont address this is beyond me but Rex needs to stop worrying about being a players coach and call his players in for a comet to Jesus meeting when they underperform.

Obviously we do need help at WR as there isn't any WR who can stretch the field. Opposing teams will continue to bring their LB's in to stop the run while daring the Jets to throw the ball. Same as last year.

I wonder what the decision making is for draft picks? Is it driven by Rex or by Tanny and what is the philosophy behind the picks (i.e. offense vs. defense) and who is held accountable ?

The Patsies are also having their problem on offense but they have a proven SB QB and seem to be able to turn it as the season progresses. Remember that the Giants record last year was 9-7 and they ran the table in the playoffs. Don't throw in the towel yet. As always they will play exciting football and like Sanchez said it's a long season.
    Are you a patriot fan posing as a jet fan who uses the name of a patriot coach as a user name?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The worst example of one

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Troll
    To sg3 and NY Step....

You decided to post???? When I think JET homer, you and a few others come to mind.

No disrespect, I in fact respect your passion and simultaneously question my bitterness. I have been a fan since the late 70's.

That said...what tells you that the JETS of 2011 are gone? All I saw was the last 3 games of 2011 all over again.