Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Luck

bounced back nicely after the pick, leading a good drive for a TD.

tough break on that last INT, by the way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    It's funny to me how the same type of performance is viewed so differently here depending on who it is. If that was...

Sanchez...
    Bad decision making.
    Looked scared out there.
    Held the ball for too long.
    Another pick 6. He's never going to improve.
    No pocket presence.

Tebow...
    Inconsistent from week to week.
    Bad decision making. Pick 6.
    Major accuracy issues. Missed receivers short and on intermediate routes.
    Threw the ball in the ground.
    And finally.. clearly not good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    the whichfan solution is apparently this

cut everyone except Tebow

bring in 52 new players all from the University of Florida Gaytors

result

BOWL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Are you even watching the game?

I'd trade half of this team for Luck right now.
    Because of 1 preseason performance? And that's why you are not a GM

luck lookin good on this drive right now

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    the whichfan solution is apparently this

cut everyone except Tebow

bring in 52 new players all from the University of Florida Gaytors

result

BOWL!!!
    Hell no. Just bring in a running back who can run and catch out of the spread, 2 TE's and one RT and you are golden.

The rest of the team is fine.

Luck putting together another impressive drive.

9 plays for 80 yards, not bad

These preseason threads about this guy is pointless. He's looking good against soft defenses but to his credit he's getting the job done. I'll hold my judgement after seeing him in live action.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    These preseason threads about this guy is pointless. He's looking good against soft defenses but to his credit he's getting the job done. I'll hold my judgement after seeing him in live action.
    The words "soft" and "Pittsburgh" don't even belong in the same sentence.

They better get the regular refs back, if that happened against the Jets I would be livid, not a TD

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    They better get the regular refs back, if that happened against the Jets I would be livid, not a TD
    That was not even close

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    as if the regular refs are certain to catch that.

I have not noticed a drastic difference in the refs. The experienced ones are better, but not by a lot. There is a certain level of incompetence in officiating that is just part of the game now.

Remember the refs you're asking for are the same ones who refused to call any roughing the passer penalties on Sanchez despite him being illegally abused on a regular basis.

Andrew Luck was the best QB prospect for maybe 15 years. he was a #1 overall pick I don't see the point of Jets fans wishing they had Luck. It was never really a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Not looking so Lucky tonight vs Pittsburgh.

3/9 25 yards (so far), and 1 INT that was returned for a TD.

Anyone watching?
    Wow, a little premature? 17-14 Colts at half. Luck: 15-23 175 yards 1 rushing TD and 2 INT. Not to mention that great drive with 40 seconds or something before half.

Jets Insider VIP
    He ust ran that 2 minute drill like a 10 year vet. Man this guys impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Andrew Luck was the best QB prospect for maybe 15 years. he was a #1 overall pick I don't see the point of Jets fans wishing they had Luck. It was never really a thing.
    wish
    Verb:
    Feel or express a strong desire or hope for something that is not easily attainable; want something that cannot or probably will not happen.

we know that. we're just jealous of great qb play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Sanchez used to have the same ability in year one .... Then he got all the snot,knocked out of him during last year's Ravens game. Now he is ...

Look up in the sky ... It's a bird, it's a plane, ...

It's CAPTAIN CHECKDOWN !!!
    That game really messed him up.

I don't think he's recovered mentally from that beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Luck throws a pick 6 and what happens?

No sulking, no walking with his head down.

No going into a shell and playing ultra-conservative. He immediately put it behind him and is firing on all cylinders against a nasty Pittsburgh defense.

As a rookie...
    Dude, it's the preseason... Lets not consider this as being some type of "nasty" Pittsburgh Steelers defense, especially considering the overall circumstances surrounding this practice. This is nothing more than a preseason practice. I can't even consider this an actual game. The Steelers play for postseasons and super bowls, not going all out and risking injury to a key defensive player during a friendly scrimmage in which means nothing. Preseason is designed to reduce injury come the regular season. These scrimmages are used in order to help these players gain a better feel for the overall speed of the game while coaches get a better feel for their younger players and offseason additions. That's preseason in a nutshell. In regards to the defensive play calling, let's not make it out to seem as if Dick LeBEau just attacked a rookie during a preseason practice with a "nasty" Steelers defensive scheme. It's been a watered down vanilla approach to say the least...

Jets Insider VIP
    Rotoworld had to get another shot in, I see:

Andrew Luck completed 16-of-25 passes for 175 yards and two interceptions in the Colts' second preseason game Saturday night against the Steelers.

He also scored a goal-line touchdown on a quarterback keeper. Luck's final stat line is a poor indicator of how he played against Pittsburgh. He bounced back from a third-drive pick-six to Ike Taylor to lead three scoring drives, the first two ending in touchdowns and the third a field goal. Luck is already a top-15 NFL quarterback. Through two preseason games, he's quarterbacked 11 possessions and produced 38 points for the Colts. Meanwhile, the Jets as a team have had 23 offensive possessions in the preseason. They've scored nine points.