Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cimini: Replace Hunter at right tackle -- now(merged Hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You are correct. I think people were wishing to see a different Jet offense than last year, some signs that things might be different and better. Instead it looks like the same play calls, the same deficiencies in the line, the same lack of play makers, and the same critical mistakes by Sanchez. But realistically were we expecting too much? What did they add to this offense? A second round rookie WR.....that is basically it. Maybe we were way too optimistic, I guess we will find out in the weeks to come.
    Honestly ... I was hoping to see MUCH less dink and dunk .... And MUCH more run and chunk !

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Ray-

i usually agree with a good portion of your posts but our RT is a case of extreme concern
    Agreed

this is not based on just one preseason game but rather the last year and a half
    he played horribly last year. extremely inconsistent and was the weakest link on the line
    Still of the opinion it was more than the RT play last year, it was the poor job by Schotty to design the concepts and philsophy of the offense for them to be successful, along with the poor performance of our TE position. Further, the regression of our WR talent, the fact that Burress could not stretch the field, did not present enough of a threat to remove the double teams defenses schemed towards Holmes in the base offense, and so much more. RT wasn't the only issue last year, the offense as a whole was dysfunctional, blocking TE (Mulligan) was awful.

for me, the idea was, "hey with a full off season and new OC, maybe he can turn it around again..."
    and what we saw SAT night calls was unsettling
    he was dominated by JPP
    abused by Tuck and OSI
    tripped over his own feet a few times
    Again, Hunter wasn't 100%, was dealing with a back injury, that is brutal for any athlete, ESPECIALLY an OL'n. The problems against the Giants wasn't just at RT, it was the entire OL, communication, missed assignments, technique. The offense is out of sync, but we should have expected some of this, the team is installing a new system, why shouldn't the Giants have had some success against us, they are one of the better pass rushing teams in the league?

the coaching staff and GM needs to address this
    I have no doubt the coaching staff already have and will, and we already know the GM has the position high on his list as we progress through training camp, as cuts are made, as players become available, and trades start happening.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Umm, I'm agreeing that it is concerning... But I'm also saying that the plays were called with a lesser notion of being successful, and more of a notion of trying to evaluate the mettle of the team and set the stage of what the coaching staff wants, and the kind of physical mentality Sparano and his staff are trying to build this offense this year.

Teams experiment and test their players all the time the pre-season, that is what the pre-season is for, we shouldn't rush to judgement and jump of a cliff about our season based on a couple of plays like this that don't work in the pre-season. All I'm saying...
    Right. And the fact that Rex was pissed off is very telling.

Like I said earlier, make all the excuses you want, this is the WORST pre-season to date that I can ever remember.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Um, when it comes to seeing defenses play up close to the LOS, because they don't respect our skill positions in the passing game, and blitz without a concern with the offensive talent on the field to stretch the field, and that Sanchez has to check down because he either has no time for the play to develop because those skill players don't present enough of a threat, yes, that all matters.
    LOL. Everbody watching the game knew the Jets were running on those 3rd and 4th and shorts.

The #1 OL and the #1 RB's failed. Plain and simple. The WR's were irrelevant on those plays.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    At this point I'd rather just see them start vlad at LG and move Slauson to RT. Or Austin Howard, whatever. I'm not sure I can get behind giving up future picks or cap space to sign another bad RT if the price isn't right
    I'd get behind Vlad to LG and Slauson to RT. It can't be any worse than Hunter starting. Throw on the blocking TE we have on the roster from time to time and it should be good enough. It's too late to get someone from FA.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I have no doubt the coaching staff already have and will, and we already know the GM has the position high on his list as we progress through training camp, as cuts are made, as players become available, and trades start happening.
    And you deny that you are a homer?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Right. And the fact that Rex was pissed off is very telling.
    Agreed

Like I said earlier, make all the excuses you want, this is the WORST pre-season to date that I can ever remember.
    I'm not making any excuses...

The worst pre-season? Um no, our defense has been very good. It's funny that many aren't making a big deal about how very average if not poor Manning's performance was on Sat night. His numbers weren't really all that good at all, yet, nobody seems to be talking about it. More than half of the Giants points were off of the one pick 6, or the brutal performance of our punter that gave the Giants great field position on like 3 drives.

Jets Insider VIP

Last edited by jetstream23; 08-20-2012 at 11:45 AM.

And you deny that you are a homer?
    You don't think the coaches watched the film of the game on Sat? You didn't see how pissed off Rex was after the game? You didn't see the reports that Tannenbaum basically admitted to having a short list of players they've already evaluated around the league at the position?

Well atleast Rex is dodging the question about whether Hunter is the starter, and won't commit to it. That's gotta be a good sign.......right? hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    What we need to do is all chip in for a full page add in the post or the news demanding Hunter be replaced.
    Excellent idea..whose on board???

Saying a player is the worst at his position is tunnel vision and stupid. Unless you've watched every single team in the leauge play, and know everything there is to know about those other team's OL situations, relative to the Jets, than why make it?

Well Pro Football Focus watched every single team in the league play last year and rated Hunter 72 out of 76 OT.

Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    with the money this a$#%& is guaranteed he should be able to find his own way home dammit
    Over 2 million to do absolutely nothing but let opposing D sack our QBS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Im sure being lambasted by opposing DEs from the first series of each game has nothing to do with his INTs.............

Im sure rotating Wrs each year, and not replacing Thomas Jones, Woody, Fanaca and TRich with equal or better talent has no affect on Sanchez play either............

Jones was garbage, Fanaca has been replaced nicely, TRich is garbage. Woody is the only guy that has been properly replaced but if Sanchez was any good he could get over that. You can't have all-pros at every position.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Agreed

I'm not making any excuses...

The worst pre-season? Um no, our defense has been very good. It's funny that many aren't making a big deal about how very average if not poor Manning's performance was on Sat night. His numbers weren't really all that good at all, yet, nobody seems to be talking about it. More than half of the Giants points were off of the one pick 6, or the brutal performance of our punter that gave the Giants great field position on like 3 drives.
    This isn't about the defense.

How long do you think our defense will last into games this year if the offense is going 3 and out on a regular basis? They will wear down.

There has to be some serious changes made. The problem is, Tanny has waited too long. Now is the wrong time to fix it.

The post doesn't fail

Making judgements or predictions about the regular season based on a pre-season game is the fail of all fails a fan can make.

Blaming the RT situation is the flavor of the month diatribe that fans seem to be stuck on, the OL as a whole performed poorly against the Giants, not just the RT.

Not having our primary WR's playing with the first team DOES affect Sanchez AND the offense

The INT doesn't bother me, all QB's throw INT's, and Sanchez is playing with #4 and #5.
    Genius---its not based on one pre-season game. Its based on last year, the lack of upgrading to the offense, and two horrible preseason games. Your football acumen is solely lacking---pump the stomach, get the Kool-Aid out.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Well Pro Football Focus watched every single team in the league play last year and rated Hunter 72 out of 76 OT.
    LOL.

Stupid me. He is better than 4.

A list I saw had him as the second-worst.

Bottom line is he sucks. Really sucks. To the point where he actually makes the team worse.

Hall Of Fame
    This isn't about the defense.

How long do you think our defense will last into games this year if the offense is going 3 and out on a regular basis? They will wear down.

There has to be some serious changes made. The problem is, Tanny has waited too long. Now is the wrong time to fix it.
    Exactly. Hunter might be the only non-QB that can literally ruin his entire team. It is a domino effect. He destroys the offense. The defense has to work more and wears down. He makes the job harder for every single player on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Genius---its not based on one pre-season game. Its based on last year, the lack of upgrading to the offense, and two horrible preseason games. Your football acumen is solely lacking---pump the stomach, get the Kool-Aid out.
    Say's the blowhard clown.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

Stupid me. He is better than 4.

A list I saw had him as the second-worst.

Bottom line is he sucks. Really sucks. To the point where he actually makes the team worse.

Well, given that there are only 64 starting OT in the NFL, I think you could make a case for Hunter being the worst ranked Tackle in the league at 72. Are any of the guys listed after him still starters or were they all benched, put on IR, released, etc ? If so, then we have a winner !