Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Cimini: Replace Hunter at right tackle -- now(merged Hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Ryan added: "To sit back and say this guy is definitely the starter, I'm not ready to do that. Maybe with Darrelle Revis, and Brandon Moore, Nick Mangold. But is it a slam dunk 100 percent? I like to see guys compete and earn their jobs out there."
    Wow? Really? When did he decide to take this approach? Didn't he say Coples and Hill would be starters right after the draft. And while I didn't expect him to start running off names of everyone that's definitely gonna start after he was asked the question, it's interesting he didn't mention Sanchez. Just saying.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    +1

The fact that Sanchez isn't worried and has more faith in what he sees at practice is a stronger indicator than the unplanned vanilla on display the past two games.

Note: the Jets' last two 4-12 seasons came after 3-1 preseasons.

I'm hoping Sparano instructed the O to not demo their true speed, save it for real games, and go home healthy.
    They have yet to run 1 wildcat play...If this was the regular season do you think they would go 2 straight weeks without calling 1 WC play...

They didn't game plan..Everyone has said it..
    The wildcat is not going to fix the offense.

And this goes WAY beyond a pre-season record of W's and L's.

This is about a dysfunctional unit that shows signs of being one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Schemes or no schemes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    There are a couple flaws in what you are saying....

First off, letting hunter go early in 2012 would have forced our hand when it came to the draft. Most successful teams dont draft for need, they draft the BPA and fill holes later. Would you rather been forced to pass on Hill or demario davis, knowing that we only had 1 RT possibility in Howard on the roster?

How many successful trades have you seen work out in the NFL that didnt involve draft picks? Its very hard to trade for quality players because they are so hard to find in the leauge.

Look, Hunter was MANHANDLED saturday, it was disgusting but guaranteeing his salary, given the landscape at RT, and the fact that $2.5 isnt that much, is far from a disasterous move by Tanny. What would this board look like if he cut hunter, went after Winston and lost out on him to KC, and Howard started teh first 2 games and sprained his ankle???? People here would be up in arms that we didnt have the depth and we needed to keep Hunter.

We need to start Howard, move Hunter to the backup role he is suited for, and starting using TE help (preferably with a better blocking TE that we find when cuts start), moving the pocket, rolling sanchez out, and go from there.
    It's not about there being flaws in what I said. You don't guarantee $2.5M to a 31 year old 9 year vet that still can't get the job done at RT.

I never said you reach in the draft. But the draft is a resource. As is FA. As is trade. The Jets have done quite a bit of hole-filling in the FA market in the last few years, no?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Now we're pushing it a little. I agree that we're definitely saving some formations (i.e. not displaying them), running "vanilla plays" without significant guard-pulling, complex WR routes, etc. And, maybe we're running at 90% speed on some plays....but there's no way the Jets are playing anything less than 100% when blocking a passrusher! You simply don't do it or you could get your QB injured.
    No kidding. Hunter is a whole separate case.

THe Jets waived Stephon Heyer, SIGN MCKENZIE!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Hmm. Sure sounds like they're making room for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Pretty sure they were below the 90 man limit before waiving Heyer, but I may be wrong..

Hall Of Fame
    Pretty sure they were below the 90 man limit before waiving Heyer, but I may be wrong..
    Maybe the guy they are signing is REALLY big and they need two spots.

_

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Is he the sopne of the Boar Hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Maybe the guy they are signing is REALLY big and they need two spots.

_

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    It's not about there being flaws in what I said. You don't guarantee $2.5M to a 31 year old 9 year vet that still can't get the job done at RT.

I never said you reach in the draft. But the draft is a resource. As is FA. As is trade. The Jets have done quite a bit of hole-filling in the FA market in the last few years, no?
    We have definitely filled holes through FA, but who was really out there?Demetress Bell comes to mind, but he is currently running as the swing tackle in Phila behind the illustrious king dunlap, not exactly awe inspiring.

I hate hunter and dont like the fact that he is here either, it was just a tough spot for tanny, and crushing him for it is a bit too harsh given the lack of options.

The sad part is, that a good OT fell til the 4th round and instead having him and howard competing today, we have a backup QB that 85% of us dont want.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    We have definitely filled holes through FA, but who was really out there?Demetress Bell comes to mind, but he is currently running as the swing tackle in Phila behind the illustrious king dunlap, not exactly awe inspiring.

I hate hunter and dont like the fact that he is here either, it was just a tough spot for tanny, and crushing him for it is a bit too harsh given the lack of options.

The sad part is, that a good OT fell til the 4th round and instead having him and howard competing today, we have a backup QB that 85% of us dont want.
    In February, the FA pool isn't fully establsihed yet. So we can't solely look at who was available when they guaranteed Hunter. You have to "assume" something better will come along OR you make a trade happen. Tanny has done it before. Obviously not this time though.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Maybe they have more than one player in mind.

Or maybe Heyer was THAT bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    He's one of Rex's guy. He will start the entire season. At least we will not have to worry about how Sanchez plays, he won't make out of week 3. The first o line gave up 3 sacks yesterday, and I believe three last week. At that rate he will be sacked an average of 6 times a game, not including other hits. Thats 96 sacks. Wait till they play a full game.Sanchez is dead meat.
    so you're saying I do have a chance with Kate Upton?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    so you're saying I do have a chance with Kate Upton?
    See - Jets fans CAN be optimistic!

All League
    Austin Howard needs to get as much time in as possible with the starting line the next two games if they're considering starting him against Buffalo.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Oh dear God.....

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Hunter took a rep as Jumbo TE with second-team offense. McIntyre beat Hunter for "sack." #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Oh dear God.....

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Hunter took a rep as Jumbo TE with second-team offense. McIntyre beat Hunter for "sack." #nyj
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Ryan added: "To sit back and say this guy is definitely the starter, I'm not ready to do that. Maybe with Darrelle Revis, and Brandon Moore, Nick Mangold. But is it a slam dunk 100 percent? I like to see guys compete and earn their jobs out there."
    Since when? RT should've been declared an open competition as far back as OTA's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Oh dear God.....
    Hunter should not be on the goddamn field, at any position.
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 08-20-2012 at 03:13 PM.