Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cimini: Replace Hunter at right tackle -- now(merged Hunter)

Cimini: Replace Hunter at right tackle -- now(merged Hunter)

this organization just cant admit they made a mistake on him

Guaranteed cash = no cut.

Hunter can't be cut this season due to his contract. Besides I think he'd be a serviceable backup OG if Slauson or Moore went down. He knows the offense and is a strong guy so interior line might be better for him (as well as Ducasse).

It's at the OT spot that Hunter is exposed. He's not a capable starter there (or likely even a backup).

Veteran
    How about a Masterlock on this POS thread you made... engage in some other form of wishful thinking... yes we hate him on our team, but no he isn't going anywhere this year... If so, I'll be glad to pick up my face off the ground...

He's one of Rex's guy. He will start the entire season. At least we will not have to worry about how Sanchez plays, he won't make out of week 3. The first o line gave up 3 sacks yesterday, and I believe three last week. At that rate he will be sacked an average of 6 times a game, not including other hits. Thats 96 sacks. Wait till they play a full game.Sanchez is dead meat.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    He's one of Rex's guy. He will start the entire season. At least we will not have to worry about how Sanchez plays, he won't make out of week 3. The first o line gave up 3 sacks yesterday, and I believe three last week. At that rate he will be sacked an average of 6 times a game, not including other hits. Thats 96 sacks. Wait till they play a full game.Sanchez is dead meat.
    I don't think rex, tanny and sanchez can allow their RT to derail the season because all of their butts are on line. I have hope that they are working on a contingency plan as we speak for RT. Tanny will be scouring the waiver wire when the cuts come down. Also, as I said in another thread, they should be looking to trade a high draft pick for somebody serviceable. Yes, they may get fleeced in a trade, but its better than sacrificing a season.

He looked clueless- like he was pushed back on skis against Giants D line last night. We are toast unless we find a replacement RT FA

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonJET View Post
    How about a Masterlock on this POS thread you made... engage in some other form of wishful thinking... yes we hate him on our team, but no he isn't going anywhere this year... If so, I'll be glad to pick up my face off the ground...
    And while you're at it, call 911 for coach Googs.

I'm watching the replay of NFLN
    By god he stinks
    • Jpp first sack
    • Missed 4th down blocking assignment
    • Tuck sack (nullified by penalty)
    • Tripping on his own feet

List goes on

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And while you're at it, call 911 for coach Googs.
    ahaha... You'll be the first to know...

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    I'm watching the replay of NFLN
    By god he stinks
    • Jpp first sack
    • Missed 4th down blocking assignment
    • Tuck sack (nullified by penalty)
    • Tripping on his own feet

List goes on
    He was brutal. Watching DVD right now and wow he was the main reason we didn't throw deep. I should say, couldn't.

How is there not an unrestricted rookie or veteran FA tackle out there better than Hunter right now?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Huge mistake to guarantee his salary. If it wasn't guaranteed this would be a perfect opportunity for the team to make a statement by cutting him. Let everyone know that they're going to be held accountable.

Put Howard out there and we wouldn't be any worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Huge mistake to guarantee his salary. If it wasn't guaranteed this would be a perfect opportunity for the team to make a statement by cutting him. Let everyone know that they're going to be held accountable.

Can someone explain to me exactly HOW his salary became guaranteed?

Enough is enough was due about mid way through last year. How they blisffully ddid not look to replace this guy is beyond me. They are waiting until our qb has a separated shoulder i guess.

All League
    wayne hunter is laughing at us all while he cashes his check.......

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JUMBOJET View Post
    this organization just cant admit they made a mistake on him
    I'm amazed at how some people call other people a piece of sh*t so casually. We're not talking bin Laden here. We're talking about a football player for God's sake. Brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post

As a young guy Howard might get better with experience.

Hunter will not. He's a 9 year vet and as good as he'll ever be.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... howard needs to be the starter preseason weeks 3 & 4 ... while we watch for a cut or try to work out a trade ...

... hunter is abominable ...

l_j_r