Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cimini: Replace Hunter at right tackle -- now(merged Hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    the man has a point.
    Yeah, but other than JSmith of the Rams and signing (McKenzie or Clifton) he doesn't offer any other suggestions...

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Yeah, but other than JSmith of the Rams and signing (McKenzie or Clifton) he doesn't offer any other suggestions...
    as much as i hate to defend Cimini, there are not many options out there because Tanny didn't address the issue sooner. it was mentioned in the article, who's gonna trade/cut a quality tackle?

Sanchez is getting sacked every 3.4 pass attempts in preseason, and most of those have been primarily Hunter's fault.

Jets can't afford to go into the season without at least bringing in someone who could be an alternative if Hunter continues to suck.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Unfortunately the d*ckhead is right

Ljr

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What do you all think the chances are of bringing Otah back after week 1 and basically paying him week to week if he stays upright and shows to be an improvement? I'm thinking this may be the play

Ljr

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    What do you all think the chances are of bringing Otah back after week 1 and basically paying him week to week if he stays upright and shows to be an improvement? I'm thinking this may be the play

Ljr
    i think this is definitely a possibility.

but i cringe at the thought of that being our main alternative to Hunter.

All League
    I started a thread about this earlier, but there has been at least a little talk on Chicago radio the Bears could shop the loser of their LT battle between J'Marcus Webb and Chris Williams. Could keep the loser for depth, as both have payed RT as well, and Williams has played Guard, but if they do shop one, the Jets need to be the first and last phone call made. Both would be serviceable and significant upgrades over Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I started a thread about this earlier, but there has been at least a little talk on Chicago radio the Bears could shop the loser of their LT battle between J'Marcus Webb and Chris Williams. Could keep the loser for depth, as both have payed RT as well, and Williams has played Guard, but if they do shop one, the Jets need to be the first and last phone call made. Both would be serviceable and significant upgrades over Hunter.
    sounds good to me.

MAKE IT HAPPEN TRANNY!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

dick is a genius!

Offseason was a terrible no-show by the Jets, so the regular season is over before it begins. Familiar story.

All League
    When was the last time a good tackle was traded? I can't think of a single one in years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    When was the last time a good tackle was traded? I can't think of a single one in years.
    you're missing the point. we don't need a 'good' ot.. we need one better than Hunter

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    you're missing the point. we don't need a 'good' ot.. we need one better than Hunter
    Yeah, the Jets need a JAG RT.

All League
    I think people overestimate what would be available on the trade market. You're limited to guys like Schauderaff that are roster bubble spots that you're trading for to avoid the waiver process. Teams don't even trade league average tackles unless youre severely overpaying and offering up a 2nd or something.

Exactly, we're looking for a below-average tackle right now. Someone that will occasionally get destroyed, but be able to hold up for 3 seconds or so (not asking much) 80% of the time.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is a very serious problem and it definitely reveals how a FO that believes it's own hype can make outlandish mistakes that even the folks watching on TV can warn against......

Adrien Clarke & Pete Kendall anyone.....

All League
    If a team is desperate for a player where we are deep, something can be worked out. We just have to hope for the right scenario. Right now we can let go of someone on the defensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Exactly, we're looking for a below-average tackle right now. Someone that will occasionally get destroyed, but be able to hold up for 3 seconds or so (not asking much) 80% of the time.
    Holding up 80% of the time would mean 1 sack in every 5 pass attempts.

That would equate to 4 to 6 sacks per game.

That's worse than Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    as much as i hate to defend Cimini, there are not many options out there because Tanny didn't address the issue sooner. it was mentioned in the article, who's gonna trade/cut a quality tackle?

Sanchez is getting sacked every 3.4 pass attempts in preseason, and most of those have been primarily Hunter's fault.

Jets can't afford to go into the season without at least bringing in someone who could be an alternative if Hunter continues to suck.
    So if it was mentioned who's going to trade a quality OT how could Tanny have addressed it sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    Holding up 80% of the time would mean 1 sack in every 5 pass attempts.

That would equate to 4 to 6 sacks per game.

That's worse than Hunter.
    No, holding up 80% of the time means no pressures or sacks allowed 80% of the time.

The other 20% of the time accounts for sacks, pressures, penalties, and being driven back off the ball.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So if it was mentioned who's going to trade a quality OT how could Tanny have addressed it sooner?
    About the only chance was Eric Winston and he got $6m per from KC... Out of our price range.