Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DREW STANTON... I feel sick to my stomach

Veteran

DREW STANTON... I feel sick to my stomach

Watching him play... Looks like a real QB... Tanny's mistake's just keep killing me

All League
    Really? You feel sick to your stomach because Drew Stanton threw a TD?

Don't worry about that he'll be carrying a clip board behind luck for the next so many years...

All League
    I feel sick to my stomach all the sudden too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets wouldve been better off keeping Stanton and using the Tebow money on a RT.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by estang74 View Post
    Please tell me you are being sarcastic
    Yes, for real. When is the last time a career #2 QB made any significant impact on a team? That's just worrying about details that don't make a difference, espc. with the bigger problems we have.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets fans crying about getting rid of Drew Stanton is making me sick to my stomach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Ummmmmmm THIS!!!!

i loved when they got stanton, thought it was an excellent pickup. he is a legit back-up qb, unlike tebow.

"Tebow money"? It's not as much as you think. And I don't think getting Tebow has had any effect on upgrading the RT position...which they still have time to do (and HOPEFULLY WILL because we desperately need it).

Veteran
    not for nothing, but he looked better than our #2 & #1.
    oh btw, so does Luck

but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by paulyjet View Post
    not for nothing, but he looked better than our #2 & #1.
    oh btw, so does Luck

but whatever.
    Really, one of the most highly touted QBs to ever come out of College looks better than Sanchez?

And Stanton really kicked the crap out of the 2nd and 3rd stringers for the Steelers by going 4 for 13.

I heard the Jets had the choice of getting Tebow or getting Jake Long to play RT and clearly they chose wrong.

don't tell Demosthenes that!!

God damn it!

I agree with you.it gauls me that the jets gave up the draft picks for tebow.there were some interesting offensive tackles in the 4th and 5th rounds.

NFL.com having some fun at our expense

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201208...ghts&tab=recap

" Drew Stanton, the quarterback the New York Jets signed, then quickly dumped after acquiring Tim Tebow in March, led the Colts on a nine-play, 74-yard touchdown drive in the third quarter. He now has more touchdown passes this preseason than Tebow and Mark Sanchez combined."

Veteran
    Stanton looked like he had a cannon arm. The one play where he couldn't follow thru and throuhh a nice 30 yard or so rope, but what ever if you don't have 2 seconds to chuck then **** it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Stanton is a better backup QB than Tebow IMO. That said, I want to see what Tebow can do on WC plays, might be a nice weapon for our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by paulyjet View Post
    Watching him play... Looks like a real QB... Tanny's mistake's just keep killing me
    Tanny's mistake was not pursuing Eric Winston at all, opting instead to guarantee 2.5 mil to Hunter. Tanny's mistake is not stepping in and being an advocate for the offense with such a one dimensional defensive head coach who is insistent on fielding a top 5 defense every year without a care in the world for the offensive side of the ball. But rest assured, Tebow was NOT Tanny's mistake. That move came straight from the top, Tanny had no choice but to make that happen.