Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DREW STANTON... I feel sick to my stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Tanny's mistake was not pursuing Eric Winston at all, opting instead to guarantee 2.5 mil to Hunter. Tanny's mistake is not stepping in and being an advocate for the offense with such a one dimensional defensive head coach who is insistent on fielding a top 5 defense every year without a care in the world for the offensive side of the ball. But rest assured, Tebow was NOT Tanny's mistake. That move came straight from the top, Tanny had no choice but to make that happen.
    I agree with all of your comments cept Tebow ...that drama has yet to play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Jets fans crying about getting rid of Drew Stanton is making me sick to my stomach.
    Honestly I just cant take it anymore. I have been a Jet fan for my entire life and this is honestly the bottom for me. The fact that SOME fans no idea and its really depressing. Nobody on here claims that Stanton will be a pro bowler or a superstar but the point is he is a much more capable backup then Tebow. The money we spent on Tebow could have been used to upgrade our weakest area on the team (RT). The Tebow circus will undermine the entire team including our "franchise" qb we wasted a 5 overall pick on. Therefore after this year we will be left with nothing and we will have to blow the team up as it now stands and start again. You guys want this? This is exactly what will happen and I blame Woody,Rex and Tanny all. Woody is the biggest hack of an owner more worried about the back page then actually winning something or merit. Rex and Tanny for their dumb coach and gm speech which drives me nuts. Honestly I hope I am so wrong but I wont be and it is really bothering me.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201208...ghts&tab=recap

" Drew Stanton, the quarterback the New York Jets signed, then quickly dumped after acquiring Tim Tebow in March, led the Colts on a nine-play, 74-yard touchdown drive in the third quarter. He now has more touchdown passes this preseason than Tebow and Mark Sanchez combined."
    He also has more TDs than Peyton Manning, Tony Romo, and Michael Vick combined.

That was just NFL.com taking a needless shot.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Honestly I just cant take it anymore. I have been a Jet fan for my entire life and this is honestly the bottom for me. The fact that SOME fans no idea and its really depressing. Nobody on here claims that Stanton will be a pro bowler or a superstar but the point is he is a much more capable backup then Tebow. The money we spent on Tebow could have been used to upgrade our weakest area on the team (RT). The Tebow circus will undermine the entire team including our "franchise" qb we wasted a 5 overall pick on. Therefore after this year we will be left with nothing and we will have to blow the team up as it now stands and start again. You guys want this? This is exactly what will happen and I blame Woody,Rex and Tanny all. Woody is the biggest hack of an owner more worried about the back page then actually winning something or merit. Rex and Tanny for their dumb coach and gm speech which drives me nuts. Honestly I hope I am so wrong but I wont be and it is really bothering me.
    Really? the bottom for me is when supposedly long time Jets fans freak out about how a team looks in preseason. Tebow was never brought in to be a backup QB. He was brought in to run the wildcat. Something both our OC and HC love to run. Whether we had an improved RT or not, this team was never going to be a prolific offense.

And I also laugh at the notion that the only think standing between us and a competent RT was the Tebow signing. Some people have zero idea how the cap works and how hard it is to find serviceable tackles.

All League
    Is this the same Stanton who immediately wanted out of NY because they got Tebow thus denying him a posibility to supplant Sanchez? Yeah he has a much better chance of giving Luck a run for the starting job.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Really? the bottom for me is when supposedly long time Jets fans freak out about how a team looks in preseason. Tebow was never brought in to be a backup QB. He was brought in to run the wildcat. Something both our OC and HC love to run. Whether we had an improved RT or not, this team was never going to be a prolific offense.

And I also laugh at the notion that the only think standing between us and a competent RT was the Tebow signing. Some people have zero idea how the cap works and how hard it is to find serviceable tackles.
    Eric Winston signed for 5 mil a year. He's one of the best RT's in the league and was available. Did Tebow himself mean we don't get Winston? No. But factor in we guaranteed Hunter for 2.5 mil AND Tebow makes a little over a mil this year, there's most of the money right there. The bottom line is this team could have made Winston happen, there is no disputing that. You can't use the "RT's don't grow on trees" and the "we can't sign everyone, it isn't Madden" excuses when in fact there was a RT sitting there hanging low on the tree for reasonable money. If the FO of this team was down to making a sensible upgrade from Hunter to Winston or trading for Tebow, you me and everybody with half a brain knows Woody makes the move for Tebow everytime because Tebow generates revenue.

Woody is looking at this situation one way-Yes Eric Winston makes us a better football team and gives our QB a better chance to win games and go to the Super Bowl. But getting to and winning the Super Bowl is hard quite frankly, even for the best teams in the league. Look at GB last year, NO, NE even. Not winning the SB for this team will be viewed as a disappointment by fans, no big talk about the Jets, no green room tickets sold, no season tickwts, PSL's etc etc etc...(and don't tell me he doesn't need it, I see the 3 different Jets commercials a game during each commercial break). Now option 2 in signing Tebow means we immediately generate a ton of hype for the team, we get daily attention, we tap into a huge fanbase that follows Tim to the ends of the earth, we sell tickets and merchandise, and we do all this EVEN IF WE STINK! If Tebow turns out to be good and we win some games and make the playoffs then it doesn't even matter if we get to or win the SB. People will be tuned in to next year. If we bust completely then Tebow is likely the 2013 starter and we STILL have all the attention since it will be Tebow's first full year as a starter. If you don't think this offseason was completely abourt the business side of football then your head is in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Jets wouldve been better off keeping Stanton and using the Tebow money on a RT.
    Thanks SMC!! Felt EXACTLY this way right from the start of this fiasco of an off season that brought Tebow hype and ignore obvious short comings. Silver Spoon Woody is all about the back page and would rather not do the hard work and build a winner.

Jets Insider VIP
    He has MORE touchdowns in the second half against future burger flippers than Brady Rodgers Brees Mannings Romo Sanchez and every other starting NFL quarterback!!!

Welcome to Canton Drew Stanton

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    He has MORE touchdowns in the second half against future burger flippers than Brady Rodgers Brees Mannings Romo Sanchez and every other starting NFL quarterback!!!

Welcome to Canton Drew Stanton

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Drew Stanton is a legitimate back up. We didnt need Tebow, and even more, the over the top hype and circus he brings. We gave up valuable picks that could have been used to fill obvious holes. Only blind worshipers of Woody's JETS cant see this......

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Drew Stanton is a legitimate back up. We didnt need Tebow, and even more, the over the top hype and circus he brings. We gave up valuable picks that could have been used to fill obvious holes. Only blind worshipers of Woody's JETS cant see this......
    You are aware that the Circus only gets people like you upset. The players still practice the same despite what happens in the media.

I remember hearing that Hard Knocks was going to turn the Jets into a circus. A few months later they were in the AFCCG.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Refuel View Post
    "Tebow money"? It's not as much as you think. And I don't think getting Tebow has had any effect on upgrading the RT position...which they still have time to do (and HOPEFULLY WILL because we desperately need it).
    Tebow is making $2.5 mil this year, while Stanton was a 1 yr deal for $1.25 mil.

Take away Tebow's contract and Hunter's guarantee ($2.5 mil), and the Jets have an extra $3.75 mil to sign a JAG starting RT, and that's all they really need.

Unfortunately, Hunter isn't even good enough to be a JAG.

You are aware that the Circus only gets people like you upset. The players still practice the same despite what happens in the media.

I remember hearing that Hard Knocks was going to turn the Jets into a circus. A few months later they were in the AFCCG.
    Im sure boasting on Hard Knocks about being the BEST defense and calling out other HCs did not put an extra target on Sanchez and the rest of the offense's back......

You know how once or twice a year the JETS just "dont show up" and we lose a game at home that we shouldn't have. Do you think that chance lessens in our favor when Rex shoots off his mouth throughout the year on TV? I would think that the JETS could never "fly under the radar" and steal a win from a team that was not 100% focused on beating us with the Rex Ryan/Hard Knocks/ Tebow/ all access approach this organization has taken under Woody Johnson.

I would think from a wins/loses point of view a team would want to just 'fly under the radar" because it can only benefit and not hurt the team.

Then again, it seems like the JETS are not as focused on "just winning" but would rather sell a product.

Im sure boasting on Hard Knocks about being the BEST defense and calling out other HCs did not put an extra target on Sanchez and the rest of the offense's back......

You know how once or twice a year the JETS just "dont show up" and we lose a game at home that we shouldn't have. Do you think that chance lessens in our favor when Rex shoots off his mouth throughout the year on TV? I would think that the JETS could never "fly under the radar" and steal a win from a team that was not 100% focused on beating us with the Rex Ryan/Hard Knocks/ Tebow/ all access approach this organization has taken under Woody Johnson.

I would think from a wins/loses point of view a team would want to just 'fly under the radar" because it can only benefit and not hurt the team.

Then again, it seems like the JETS are not as focused on "just winning" but would rather sell a product.
    I know Rex/T are awful, so please give me the list of Jets former head coaches/GMs that have taken the Jets to two AFCCG's in their time with the Jets.

No, forget it, your right, lets fire both of them and see if Bruce Coslet and Terry Bradway are available.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Is this the same Stanton who immediately wanted out of NY because they got Tebow thus denying him a posibility to supplant Sanchez? Yeah he has a much better chance of giving Luck a run for the starting job.
    Not a fair characterization, really. He was told when we signed him that he was the number 2.

When we traded for Tebow and gave him the number 2 job, Stanton said, kindly, "WTF?" and Tanny did the right thing and traded him.

_

Freak out? I didnt have to watch the preseason to know as a true fan that we had done zero to help ourselves offensively. I also dont need to know or watch the fact that the Tebow experiment will blow up in our face and set us back 5 years once Sanchez is done for and the reality that Tebow will never be anything more then a gadget players hits our dumb owner in the face.
    If Tebow wasnt brought in to be the backup QB, who is? So you are saying if Sanchez goes down Tebow is not the guy?
    I will defend "guys" when they need it but at this point Rex,Tanny, and Woody are to blame for this season which sadly is a lost one and might just set us back. I hope I am wrong and if I am blast me for it. Sadly not worried.

I know Rex/T are awful, so please give me the list of Jets former head coaches/GMs that have taken the Jets to two AFCCG's in their time with the Jets.

No, forget it, your right, lets fire both of them and see if Bruce Coslet and Terry Bradway are available.
    That to me is the point in all of this. They are good to an above avg combo but this off season they have done nothing. I dont need to go through the entire season to know what will happen. The fact they didnt tell the owner to shove it when he made them get Tebow tells me all I need to know about them. One thing for sure I can imagine that Rex and Tanny thought Tebow would be a good thing for our team.

I am very aware of our past and that in the first two years we went to a championship game. You also had to admit that just getting in was helped by the misfortunes and highly questionable calls of other teams. We were not dominant to say the least.

IMHO, we did not "just lose" the last four games of last season. Much bigger than that. It is also MHO that we are continuing with the same negative actions from last season..........

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Drew Stanton has been nothing more than a jag in this league. He's never proven to be capable of doing anything above and beyond a scrub.

People b1tched and moaned how he sucked, wasn't Henne etc when we signed him. Now that we have Tebow, who people hate more for off field hate than on, Stanton has been elevated to star status here.

As much as I don't love Tebow, he's a million times more capable than Stanton.

you can't make it up.

I wouldve rather Stanton than Tebow as well. Actually had forgotten we originally had Stanton.

I am very aware of our past and that in the first two years we went to a championship game. You also had to admit that just getting in was helped by the misfortunes and highly questionable calls of other teams. We were not dominant to say the least.

IMHO, we did not "just lose" the last four games of last season. Much bigger than that. It is also MHO that we are continuing with the same negative actions from last season..........
    Giants fans wanted Tom Coughlin out as well after a couple of late season collapses and even early in their 1st championship season.

The other teams are trying to win too. Its not like Rex inherited Tom Brady and elite football team. Considering what he was given in his first year, he did an amazing job. And considering he couldn't suprise anyone the following year, it was even more amazing. Last year was bad, but that happens. Coaches are allowed to have a had year or two before they get axed. And even in a year where he lost the team, we went 8-8.

Now SOJF want to fire their head coach because of some bad pre-season games. Really now? Do some of you really need a lesson on how irrelevant pre-season games are?