Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DREW STANTON... I feel sick to my stomach

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I am very aware of our past and that in the first two years we went to a championship game. You also had to admit that just getting in was helped by the misfortunes and highly questionable calls of other teams. We were not dominant to say the least.

IMHO, we did not "just lose" the last four games of last season. Much bigger than that. It is also MHO that we are continuing with the same negative actions from last season..........
    Maybe because we didn't lose the last 4 games of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Drew Stanton has been nothing more than a jag in this league. He's never proven to be capable of doing anything above and beyond a scrub.

People b1tched and moaned how he sucked, wasn't Henne etc when we signed him. Now that we have Tebow, who people hate more for off field hate than on, Stanton has been elevated to star status here.

As much as I don't love Tebow, he's a million times more capable than Stanton.

you can't make it up.

Stanton is not a star but he can run a conventional offense which Tebow cant.

Drew Stanton has been nothing more than a jag in this league. He's never proven to be capable of doing anything above and beyond a scrub.

People b1tched and moaned how he sucked, wasn't Henne etc when we signed him. Now that we have Tebow, who people hate more for off field hate than on, Stanton has been elevated to star status here.

As much as I don't love Tebow, he's a million times more capable than Stanton.

you can't make it up.
    I wouldn't say that Tebow is more capable than Stanton, but he is significantly more useful to this team than Stanton. How many times has Sanchez missed a game in his career? Odds are Sanchez will start every game this year. At least Tebow will revive our wildcat. If we are not going to be a prolific passing team, we should at least maximize what we are good at.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Giants fans wanted Tom Coughlin out as well after a couple of late season collapses and even early in their 1st championship season.

The other teams are trying to win too. Its not like Rex inherited Tom Brady and elite football team. Considering what he was given in his first year, he did an amazing job. And considering he couldn't suprise anyone the following year, it was even more amazing. Last year was bad, but that happens. Coaches are allowed to have a had year or two before they get axed. And even in a year where he lost the team, we went 8-8.

Now SOJF want to fire their head coach because of some bad pre-season games. Really now? Do some of you really need a lesson on how irrelevant pre-season games are?

Well count me in on the list of Jets fans that want both Rex and Tanny gone. I will be the first to admit it if I am wrong. Will you be doing the same? I could care less but man up. I want them gone.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl View Post
    Drew Stanton couldn't help the Jets win a single game.

Tebow can.

Well count me in on the list of Jets fans that want both Rex and Tanny gone. I will be the first to admit it if I am wrong. Will you be doing the same? I could care less but man up. I want them gone.
    Admit what? If the Jets have a bad year, i have to admit that i was wrong? I am not a SOJF that ignores a body of work and just cares about the results of a preseason game.

Plenty of great NFL coaches have had teams that had bad years. It happens. Bellicheck had losing seasons in 5 of his first 6 NFL seasons. Based on that, you would have been on a patriots message board asking him to be fired after his first season.

Right and Tebow is a star and can run the Wildcat 100000000 times better than Stanton ... Who probably couldn't run it at all.

All Pro
    Admit what? If the Jets have a bad year, i have to admit that i was wrong? I am not a SOJF that ignores a body of work and just cares about the results of a preseason game.

Plenty of great NFL coaches have had teams that had bad years. It happens. Bellicheck had losing seasons in 5 of his first 6 NFL seasons. Based on that, you would have been on a patriots message board asking him to be fired after his first season.
    Just curious what encouraged you when you took in the last 2 preseason "body of works"?

Are you the "preseason means absolutely nothing" guy?

The OP is pining for Drew Stanton?!

bahahahahahaha!!!!

Stanton will likely get to play a few games this year. I think he will do good. So far he hasn't had a fair shot and has never looked bad. He is a mobile QB that has a pretty good arm. I like him a lot so yeah the fact we just had him and let him walk is mind blowing to me.

Well lets leave it at this. I think Rex,Tanny and Woody have ruined this season and it will cost a lot of people jobs and set our team back this year and many more to come.
    You think everything will be fine.

Lets hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Stanton will likely get to play a few games this year. I think he will do good. So far he hasn't had a fair shot and has never looked bad. He is a mobile QB that has a pretty good arm. I like him a lot so yeah the fact we just had him and let him walk is mind blowing to me.
    datz funnee.

Maybe because we didn't lose the last 4 games of the season?
    Really? This is your response? Ok, it was THREE games, THREE poor game plans by a LOST team with star players quitting on the field and a clueless HC who admitted that he had lost his locker room. Days later we find out he just didnt "lose the locker room" but the inmates running the asylum. LT says it was the WORST LOCKER ROOM he had EVER been a part of.

Fast forward to the present and it appears nothing has changed.

But i get it, nothing to worry about here...........

If the Jets cared about winning they would have bolstered the O Line, kept Stanton, and gotten another RB. Woody is a weasel and him and Tanny fell in love with REx's bluster and forgot how to build a football team. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Tanny's mistake was not pursuing Eric Winston at all, opting instead to guarantee 2.5 mil to Hunter.
    Not to turn this into another Wayne Hunter thread, but I don't believe Winston was on the market yet when the deadline for Hunter's guarantee was due.

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    If the Jets cared about winning they would have bolstered the O Line, kept Stanton, and gotten another RB. Woody is a weasel and him and Tanny fell in love with REx's bluster and forgot how to build a football team. So sad.
    THIS! Its so obvious...........

Veteran
    Stanton can't sell tickets or merch. Tebow does. DUH.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by paulyjet View Post
    Watching him play... Looks like a real QB... Tanny's mistake's just keep killing me
    Maybe we can trade for Ratliff

tebow trade was a stupid!

Drew Stanton couldn't help the Jets win a single game.

Tebow can.
    Tebow will also help us lose some games to with this needless manufactured qb controversy. Oh and he sucks too.