Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Director Tony Scott Commits Suicide Jumps Off L.A. Bridge

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Director Tony Scott Commits Suicide Jumps Off L.A. Bridge

Some good movies in there. True Romance was an underated but awesome movie.

Famed director Tony Scott -- who directed "Top Gun" among many other major films -- jumped to his death today off an L.A. bridge ... this according to the L.A. County Coroner.

According to the Coroner, 68-year-old Scott -- Ridley Scott's brother -- jumped from the Vincent Thomas Bridge spanning San Pedro and Terminal Island around 12:30pm.

U.S. Coast Guard Lt. Jennifer Osburn said a suicide note was found in Scott's Toyota Prius, which was parked on one of the eastbound lanes of the bridge.

Scott directed such films as "Top Gun," "Beverly Hills Cop II," "Enemy of the State," and "The Taking of Pelham 123."

Authorities used sonar equipment to find Scott's body in the port's murky waters. His body was recovered at approximately 4:30pm ... four hours after he jumped.

His body has since been turned over to coroner officials.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/19/tony-s...#ixzz243Ycczu7

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn. Definitely made some great flicks... RIP.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF? that's messed up.

RIP.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    68-year-old Scott -- Ridley Scott's brother
    That would be some tombstone inscription right there.

-

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    very sad story...kind of puts things in perspective when we all fret over things like an incompetent RT

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a shame, he made some great movies.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unconfirmed that he jumped at sunset, bathed in golden light.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    very sad story...kind of puts things in perspective when we all fret over things like an incompetent RT
    Actually, his last words were "Wayne friggin Hunter".

Too soon?

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take my breath away indeed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. It's a shock when you hear stories like this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-
    should've thrown Hunter off the fugging bridge

not soon enough?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He never got over the loss of Goose.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    He never got over the loss of Goose.
    Who did? I still well up.

Anyhoo--RIP, sad story.

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-
    INT. NIGHT. THE VINCENT THOMAS BRIDGE, L.A. CALIFORNIA.

A MAN (TONY SCOTT) STANDS PRECARIOUSLY AT THE LEDGE. HE IS WEARING A TATTERED VINTAGE JERSEY OF THE NEW YORK JETS FOOTBALL CLUB. IN ONE HAND IS A SIGN WHICH READS, "WAYNE HUNTER IS A F**KING EMBARRASSMENT". IN THE OTHER IS A PLACARD READING, "WHY WAS 32GREEN MADE A MOD? SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS S HIT TO ME."

SCOTT: (VOCIFEROUSLY AND WITH CALM, YET CRESTFALLEN, RANCOR) "...F**K me if I will watch that talentless POS ruin another season. And, after I rented out a suite at the Bel Age and laid out that incredible spread for a f**king Jet pre-season game. Carving stations with steamships of beef, omelette bar, plus top shelf booze, to boot. Nice friggin' joke.

But, I should have known better, with these friggin' Jets. One, year. One goddam year would it kill Woody and the rest of those front office putzes and scrub jackoff "players" to provide me with one iota of success--and I won't even start about a semblance of happiness or professional aplomb--without the annual issues issues like sticking a no talent, "ham & egger" offensive lineman as a starter? Are you f**king kidding me? Hunter belongs on in a Saskatchewan-based logging camp cleaning latrines.

And don't get me started on Sanchez. That dickhead is like a pick six machine. Next time, f**k-o, finish your time at USC. You suck.

AS VOICE TRAILS OFF, PULL OUT TO WIDE SHOT OF BRIDGE WHERE WE SEE A LONE MALE FIGURE JUMPING AND HURTLING TOWARD THE CALM WATER BELOW. THEN CLOSE UP OF MAN'S HANDS IN DOUBLE BIRD SALUTE.

FADE OUT.
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 08-20-2012 at 10:59 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Made some quality entertaining films. Too bad.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

A MAN (TONY SCOTT) STANDS PRECARIOUSLY AT THE LEDGE. HE IS WEARING A TATTERED VINTAGE JERSEY OF THE NEW YORK JETS FOOTBALL CLUB. IN ONE HAND IS A SIGN WHICH READS, "WAYNE HUNTER IS A F**KING EMBARRASSMENT". IN THE OTHER IS A PLACARD READING, "WHY WAS 32GREEN MADE A MOD? SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS S HIT TO ME."

SCOTT: (VOCIFEROUSLY AND WITH CALM, YET CRESTFALLEN, RANCOR) "...F**K me if I will watch that talentless POS ruin another season. And, after I rented out a suite at the Bel Age and laid out that incredible spread for a f**king Jet pre-season game. Carving stations with steamships of beef, omelette bar, plus top shelf booze, to boot. Nice friggin' joke.

But, I should have known better, with these friggin' Jets. One, year. One goddam year would it kill Woody and the rest of those front office putzes and scrub jackoff "players" to provide me with one iota of success--and I won't even start about a semblance of happiness or professional aplomb--without the annual issues issues like sticking a no talent, "ham & egger" offensive lineman as a starter? Are you f**king kidding me? Hunter belongs on in a Saskatchewan-based logging camp cleaning latrines.

And don't get me started on Sanchez. That dickhead is like a pick six machine. Next time, f**k-o, finish your time at USC. You suck.

AS VOICE TRAILS OFF, PULL OUT TO WIDE SHOT OF BRIDGE WHERE WE SEE A LONE MALE FIGURE JUMPING AND HURTLING TOWARD THE CALM WATER BELOW. THEN CLOSE UP OF MAN'S HANDS IN DOUBLE BIRD SALUTE.

FADE OUT.
    Lmao!

Meanwhile in NJ:

Wayne Hunter stands in line at pre-practise breakfast.

HUNTER (IN LOW VOICE, TO PLAYER BEHIND HIM)
    " um, is dem eggs?"

The end.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

FADE OUT.
    Oscar worthy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    should've thrown Hunter off the fugging bridge

not soon enough?

Dirt, did I ever say that you were my hero?
    Last edited by Peebag; 08-20-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: RIP Mr. Scott

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he finally say Unstoppable?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Who doesn't love an omlette bar?

_