Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69

Thread: Director Tony Scott Commits Suicide Jumps Off L.A. Bridge

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Maybe he finally say Unstoppable?
    You didn't like that film?

    Man, I loved Unstoppable. One of the better popcorn flicks of recent years.


  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Who doesn't love an omlette bar?

    _
    As long as it's staffed with one, or more, ommeletier with superlative pan skills.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    As long as it's staffed with one, or more, ommeletier with superlative pan skills.
    I have an impossible time deciding what ingredients NOT to throw in.

    _

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You didn't like that film?

    Man, I loved Unstoppable. One of the better popcorn flicks of recent years.


  5. #25
    Seems poor Mr. Scott gave all he had, and he couldn't give no more....

    And he forgot his nasal spray in his other pants.

    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/20...des/?hpt=hp_t2

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You didn't like that film?

    Man, I loved Unstoppable. One of the better popcorn flicks of recent years.

    I actually didn't, but I was expecting great from him. Man on Fire is that movie for me. best line ever

    "forgiveness is between God and them, I'm here to arrange the meeting"

    BOOM RPG to car!

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    3,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    As long as it's staffed with one, or more, ommeletier with superlative pan skills.
    LOL!!!

    Most of these stations are manned by cooking school flunkies on an internship. In a year they will be cooking at Dennys, and auditioning for hells kitchen.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I have an impossible time deciding what ingredients NOT to throw in.

    _
    Right? Like the proverbial "kid in a candy shop".

    If available, here's my omelette of choice: Sauté in butter shallots and sliced crimini mushrooms until softened and lightly colored. Then crumble in a few slices of pre cooked, apple-wood smoked slab bacon to heat through. Once eggs are set, add a generous helping of Gruyère (or, if you are in the presence of greatness, Beaufort from the Savoie) and a snipping or two of fresh chives. Fold and serve.
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 08-20-2012 at 11:47 AM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    LOL!!!

    Most of these stations are manned by cooking school flunkies on an internship. In a year they will be cooking at Dennys, and auditioning for hells kitchen.
    No joke, I once taught (verbally as she tried my method) one of these folks the proper technique for stirring the omelette during cooking and turning it out onto the plate.

    In France, you would never have students doing this duty. Folks want their eggs prepared well and correctly or they will walk out in a huff.
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 08-20-2012 at 11:48 AM.

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    INT. NIGHT. THE VINCENT THOMAS BRIDGE, L.A. CALIFORNIA.

    A MAN (TONY SCOTT) STANDS PRECARIOUSLY AT THE LEDGE. HE IS WEARING A TATTERED VINTAGE JERSEY OF THE NEW YORK JETS FOOTBALL CLUB. IN ONE HAND IS A SIGN WHICH READS, "WAYNE HUNTER IS A F**KING EMBARRASSMENT". IN THE OTHER IS A PLACARD READING, "WHY WAS 32GREEN MADE A MOD? SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS S HIT TO ME."

    SCOTT: (VOCIFEROUSLY AND WITH CALM, YET CRESTFALLEN, RANCOR) "...F**K me if I will watch that talentless POS ruin another season. And, after I rented out a suite at the Bel Age and laid out that incredible spread for a f**king Jet pre-season game. Carving stations with steamships of beef, omelette bar, plus top shelf booze, to boot. Nice friggin' joke.

    But, I should have known better, with these friggin' Jets. One, year. One goddam year would it kill Woody and the rest of those front office putzes and scrub jackoff "players" to provide me with one iota of success--and I won't even start about a semblance of happiness or professional aplomb--without the annual issues issues like sticking a no talent, "ham & egger" offensive lineman as a starter? Are you f**king kidding me? Hunter belongs on in a Saskatchewan-based logging camp cleaning latrines.

    And don't get me started on Sanchez. That dickhead is like a pick six machine. Next time, f**k-o, finish your time at USC. You suck.

    AS VOICE TRAILS OFF, PULL OUT TO WIDE SHOT OF BRIDGE WHERE WE SEE A LONE MALE FIGURE JUMPING AND HURTLING TOWARD THE CALM WATER BELOW. THEN CLOSE UP OF MAN'S HANDS IN DOUBLE BIRD SALUTE.

    FADE OUT.
    LOL, perfect

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,559
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Who doesn't love an omlette bar?

    _
    I prefer an authentic omlettegarten

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,009
    I drive over that bridge 10 to 20 times a month when I'm working in LA. Pretty famous bridge right in the middle of the Port of Los Angeles. Sad. RIP.

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,312
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Lmao!

    Meanwhile in NJ:


    Wayne Hunter stands in line at pre-practise breakfast.

    HUNTER (IN LOW VOICE, TO PLAYER BEHIND HIM)
    " um, is dem eggs?"

    The end.

    -

    Infest homage, indeed.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No joke, I once taught (verbally as she tried my method) one of these folks the proper technique for stirring the omelette during cooking and turning it out onto the plate.

    In France, you would never have students doing this duty. Folks want their eggs prepared well and correctly or they will walk out in a huff.
    The French are experts at that.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I prefer an authentic omlettegarten


    _

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    INT. NIGHT. THE VINCENT THOMAS BRIDGE, L.A. CALIFORNIA.

    A MAN (TONY SCOTT) STANDS PRECARIOUSLY AT THE LEDGE. HE IS WEARING A TATTERED VINTAGE JERSEY OF THE NEW YORK JETS FOOTBALL CLUB. IN ONE HAND IS A SIGN WHICH READS, "WAYNE HUNTER IS A F**KING EMBARRASSMENT". IN THE OTHER IS A PLACARD READING, "WHY WAS 32GREEN MADE A MOD? SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS S HIT TO ME."

    SCOTT: (VOCIFEROUSLY AND WITH CALM, YET CRESTFALLEN, RANCOR) "...F**K me if I will watch that talentless POS ruin another season. And, after I rented out a suite at the Bel Age and laid out that incredible spread for a f**king Jet pre-season game. Carving stations with steamships of beef, omelette bar, plus top shelf booze, to boot. Nice friggin' joke.

    But, I should have known better, with these friggin' Jets. One, year. One goddam year would it kill Woody and the rest of those front office putzes and scrub jackoff "players" to provide me with one iota of success--and I won't even start about a semblance of happiness or professional aplomb--without the annual issues issues like sticking a no talent, "ham & egger" offensive lineman as a starter? Are you f**king kidding me? Hunter belongs on in a Saskatchewan-based logging camp cleaning latrines.

    And don't get me started on Sanchez. That dickhead is like a pick six machine. Next time, f**k-o, finish your time at USC. You suck.

    AS VOICE TRAILS OFF, PULL OUT TO WIDE SHOT OF BRIDGE WHERE WE SEE A LONE MALE FIGURE JUMPING AND HURTLING TOWARD THE CALM WATER BELOW. THEN CLOSE UP OF MAN'S HANDS IN DOUBLE BIRD SALUTE.

    FADE OUT.

    Good stuff Borgo . . . I'm guessing you make your living writing porn scripts

  17. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Seems poor Mr. Scott gave all he had, and he couldn't give no more....

    And he forgot his nasal spray in his other pants.

    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/20...des/?hpt=hp_t2
    I hope they sell that sh*t over the counter

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You didn't like that film?

    Man, I loved Unstoppable. One of the better popcorn flicks of recent years.

    I did, as well. Tony was a brilliant director, this news shocks and saddens me deeply. RIP.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,130
    Via IMDB:

    We've just learned that director Tony Scott was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer, shortly before he took his own life. Rest in peace, Mr. Scott.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,517
    Wayne Hunter as Jets ambassador speaking to kids at HS tryouts:

    "People have different perception of who is Wayne Hunter; it will be wrong for the incoming youths to try to emulate me as Wayne Hunter is problematic."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us