Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where do we go after this year? I am panicking

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    If the Jets are in the top 3 draft slots they have to draft Berkley or listen to trades for multiple 1st round picks if he's there when picking. I say this assuming Sanchez gets seriously injured or just overall sucks this year for them to be picking in the top 3 slots.

I'm a Sanchez fan and seriously only see this happening if the former occurs.
    Jets fans plans to move down in any draft and pick up a boatload of picks never actually seem to materialize. Weak draft, lack of a dance partner and so on and so forth.

Sigh... If that happens it will mean that it will have been tough to have to have looked up in the standings at both the Bills and the Dolphins in addition to the Pats.

But then again this could be the most talented Jets team in thirty years and/or the greatest Jets defense in history.

History is like thousands and thousands of years long All time is even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    People are panicking because it appears this years offense is little different than last years. Bad oline, especially RT. Check down passing. QB who is jittery pass rush or not. Passes being dropped when we get it right. Mediocre running game. No blocking TE's.
    I've gotta agree with Beerfish. It's not like the Jets had a strong season last year and have looked bad only in 2 preseason games. It's that no substantial changes were made on offense AND fans are seeing the whole terrible 2011 season again this preseason: disaster RT, poor QB play, no great skill players, etc. It's the continuity of last year's bad play with no hope for change that has gotten people so (rightfully) depressed.

Lets hope Tannenbaum earns his salary for a change and brings a competent RT in here to shore up the OL (and the offense as a whole).

What is the cap hit for cutting Sanchez ? I'd assume it's horrendous.

Is any of his huge salary guaranteed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    No, the mistake has been keeping Tanny for 2 regimes when the personnel is his responsibility. If we are rebuilding again, it has to be with a new GM. Chances are, he will pick a new coach anyway. If it's Bill Cowher (dream scenario) you get 2 for the price of 1.
    If I recall, Cowher turned our asses down for Rex's job when Woody dissed him in favor of some whale watching trip, aand Cowher and others like Payton Manning don't care much for the non nonsensical way the Jets like to do business.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    What is the cap hit for cutting Sanchez ?
    $24,506,250

http://nyjetscap.com/marksanchez.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    What a stupid contract !

I guess we're stuck with him until 2014.

Wow - some bleak stuff in here.

Hope the supporters of paying Revis see how this thread reflects the state of this team. Unless the Jets surprise us all and have a great year, rebuilding might be around the corner.

The only way the Jets can plug holes if they end up having to purge the roster is to turn our one superstar into several (hopefully) good players.

If the season ends with 6 wins or less, then putting Revis on the trade block HAS to be a consideration for the (possibly new) FO.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    What a stupid contract !

I guess we're stuck with him until 2014.
    Stupid doesn't even begin to describe it.

I used to be a big fan of Tannenbaum but he's made some god awful decisions over the past year or so.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Wow - some bleak stuff in here.

Hope the supporters of paying Revis see how this thread reflects the state of this team. Unless the Jets surprise us all and have a great year, rebuilding might be around the corner.

The only way the Jets can plug holes if they end up having to purge the roster is to turn our one superstar into several (hopefully) good players.

If the season ends with 6 wins or less, then putting Revis on the trade block HAS to be a consideration for the (possibly new) FO.
    Thats the TABU subject here. Revis threatening to hold us hostage while under contract... reality check is that we allowed it previously. BUT I heard that a team without Revis won a SB? Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Stupid doesn't even begin to describe it.

I used to be a big fan of Tannenbaum but he's made some god awful decisions over the past year or so.
    I've seen the same thing. He used to make good football and cap-wise decisions in years past. But lately it's been really poor on both fronts.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    We have a few more seasons of sub par play and dreaming of glory. The big money tide up with many of these players is amazing. Many of these guys could not start on 99% of the nfl teams. Face the facts Tanny is not as good as we think. He attempted to win now and mortgaged this team future.
    The big money is tied up with these players for 2013 :

1. David Harris- 13,000,000
    2. Sanchez- 12,853,125
    3. Holmes 12,500,000
    4. Cromartie 10,750,000
    5. Brick 10,716,666
    6. Mangold 9,117,100
    7. Revis 9,000,000
    8. Pouha 6,166,666
    9. Tebow 2,586,875
    10. Wilson 2,010,400
    11. Coples 2,000,635
    12. Wilkerson 1,875,000
    13. Hill 1,070,988

Everyone else is <$1m.

Tell me which of these couldn't start on 99% of NFL teams?

Cutting Sanchez after this year will be 17,153,125 in dead money. He's with us through next year

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Aug. 20th, 2012.

1. Jets Fans abandoning all hope for season, check.

2. Jets Fans pining for firing coach, check.

3. Jets Fans discussing Draft 2013, check.

4. Jets Fans calling for all QB's to be cut, check.

Yep, SOJF never changes.

Is it really asking too much to see a game that counts before we all toss in the towel? Isn't the purpose of preseason evaluation and correction and roster management?

I agree, we havn't looked impressive. But does that mean, without fail, that we won't look impressive all season long, from opening day to the end of the 16th game of a 15 loss season?

Does hysteria have to be so ingrained, so early?

Last edited by Warfish; 08-20-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post

2. Sanchez- 12,853,125
    3. Holmes 12,500,000
    4. Cromartie 10,750,000
    5. Brick 10,716,666
    6. Mangold 9,117,100
    7. Revis 9,000,000
    8. Pouha 6,166,666
    9. Tebow 2,586,875
    10. Wilson 2,010,400
    11. Coples 2,000,635
    12. Wilkerson 1,875,000
    13. Hill 1,070,988

Everyone else is <$1m.

Only one's worth close to or worth their money are Ferguson, Mangold, Pouha (if healthy), Revis, Wilkerson, Coples, Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Aug. 20th, 2012.

1. Jets Fans abandoning all hope for season, check.

2. Jets Fans pining for firing coach, check.

3. Jets Fans discussing Draft 2013, check.

Yep, SOJF never changes.

Is it really asking too much to see a game that counts before we all toss in the towel? Isn't the purpose of preseason evaluation and correction and roster management?

I agree, we havn't looked impressive. But does that mean, without fail, that we won't look impressive all season long, from opening day to the end of the 16th game of a 15 loss season?

Does hysteria have to be so ingrained, so early?

This isn't the Heat. We don't have LBJ, Wade and Bosh and it's just a matter of waiting until they click. The talent is not there and we are a Mangold injury away from possibly having one of the worst offenses ever.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JetSouth View Post
    This isn't the Heat. We don't have LBJ, Wade and Bosh and it's just a matter of waiting until they click. The talent is not there and we are a Mangold injury away from possibly having one of the worst offenses ever.
    So I keep hearing.

Before we've played a single snap that counts.

I know I could predict, with startling accuracy, the entire 2012 Baseball Season based on the first 2 innings of the Washington Nats first Spring Training game too....

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post

2. Sanchez- 12,853,125
    3. Holmes 12,500,000
    4. Cromartie 10,750,000
    5. Brick 10,716,666
    6. Mangold 9,117,100
    7. Revis 9,000,000
    8. Pouha 6,166,666
    9. Tebow 2,586,875
    10. Wilson 2,010,400
    11. Coples 2,000,635
    12. Wilkerson 1,875,000
    13. Hill 1,070,988

Everyone else is <$1m.

Tebow definitely

Sanchez could maybe beat out 5 or 6 starting QB on existing rosters.

So I keep hearing.

Before we've played a single snap that counts.

I know I could predict, with startling accuracy, the entire 2012 Baseball Season based on the first 2 innings of the Washington Nats first Spring Training game too....
    Apples and oranges my friend lol.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JetSouth View Post
    Apples and oranges my friend lol.
    Of course it is.

Really.

Anyway, I prefer Bananas.

Of course it is.

Really.

Anyway, I prefer Bananas.