Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84

Thread: Where do we go after this year? I am panicking

  1. #61
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetSouth View Post
    I also prefer female pinups (redheads especially).

    But I respect your lifestyle choice.

  2. #62
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am more concerned with our 2020 roster. We currently have ZERO players signed for 2020. How do we expect to win in 2020 without a single player on our roster?

    FIRE TANNY NOW!!!!!!

  3. #63
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Summary of four years worth of futility with Vernon Gholston discussions on these boards.

    It is too early
    It is too early
    It is too early
    Haven't we beaten this subject to death already?

    Well it may indeed be too early to fire Mike Tannenbaum after two weeks of preseason but we have have six years and counting of Mr. T, there is a diabolical fart smell and wicked stench inside the Jets elevator here and I for one and not going to pretend that I do not notice it.

  4. #64
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I am more concerned with our 2020 roster. We currently have ZERO players signed for 2020. How do we expect to win in 2020 without a single player on our roster?

    FIRE TANNY NOW!!!!!!
    That's because in 2020 our cap will be completely filled with dead money from the bloated contracts of previously failed signings

  5. #65
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It ended in Pittsburgh and last session was the "reload for one last shot" which bombed. The mistake was keeping Rex Ryan which just delays the rebuild another year.

    It's already over.

    SAR I
    aare aaaaaaaaaaa5raaaaaaaaaaa1

  6. #66
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It ended in Pittsburgh and last session was the "reload for one last shot" which bombed. The mistake was keeping Rex Ryan which just delays the rebuild another year.

    It's already over.

    SAR I
    Are you F****ing serious Sar?

  7. #67
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Summary of four years worth of futility with Vernon Gholston discussions on these boards.

    It is too early
    It is too early
    It is too early
    Haven't we beaten this subject to death already?

    Well it may indeed be too early to fire Mike Tannenbaum after two weeks of preseason but we have have six years and counting of Mr. T, there is a diabolical fart smell and wicked stench inside the Jets elevator here and I for one and not going to pretend that I do not notice it.
    So going to back to back AFC championships is the GM equivalent to Vernon Gholston? SOJF's crack me up.

  8. #68
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Can we save the crying for January? The defense is going to be good, so we will be in games. If they can figure out how to solve this RT issue we will have a chance in what I think will be a down year in the AFc
    Yep.

  9. #69
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're panicking way too much. Remember not every contract has to be evenly paid. In 2014 we are set up pretty good. Holmes, Sanchez, and Cro can all come off easy with around 9 mil in savings each. Out side of those deals Brick is the only 10+ mil deal on that year. Pouha would be a 5.5 cut, Scott, Hunter, and Pace will have already been cut. The biggest FA we have set it Joe McKnight and Conely. It says 93 on the cap page but given the likely cuts it is really more like 63 mil. WITH NO REAL FA ATM! That is assuming only 1 of Cro, Sanchez or Holmes is cut and not counting the 6 mil on Revis. Really I wouldn't be shocked if Cro and Holmes where extended next year to cut the cap a bit as well. I'd have no issue with giving Cro an extension if he was willing to take a 3 mil cut next year. There is nothing that says Revis can't take 11 mil next year and 24 in 2014. So the Revis deal actually doesn't have a huge effect on next year IMO. Contracts shouldn't be looked at year to year but as a long term thing. The Sanchez extension I think is the only thing that hog ties us because if he succeeds or not he is back next year no matter what. I really just didn't get that move.

  10. #70
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    If I recall, Cowher turned our asses down for Rex's job when Woody dissed him in favor of some whale watching trip, aand Cowher and others like Payton Manning don't care much for the non nonsensical way the Jets like to do business.

    Agreed, the real problem with this franchise is the owner and Cowher is smart enough to know that. I can dream though.

  11. #71
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Tebow definitely

    Sanchez could maybe beat out 5 or 6 starting QB on existing rosters.
    Arizona would have either one in a heartbeat.

    Shame they've got no OL to speak of, we could have swung a trade for Tebow.

  12. #72
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    So going to back to back AFC championships is the GM equivalent to Vernon Gholston? SOJF's crack me up.
    No, seven years into the Tannenbaum regime, two head coaches and four and a half quarterbacks later, plus a roster in tatters is more than enough time to send the jumped up tea boy back to his kettle.

    Moronic sunshiners crack me up with the stupidity they display on a daily basis and the degree to which they want to impose that same stupidity and shortsightedness on others.

    You for example crack me up.

  13. #73
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad we didn't trade up to #1 for Stafford :-(

  14. #74
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like
    After adding Smith for this year, we are now going to carry over under three million dollars to next years cap.

  15. #75
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're so screwed

  16. #76
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm actually feeling confident after Sunday. D playing great, Coples making plays and getting pressure consistently against starters, Howard stepping up big time at RT, Sanchez looking confident and in control.

    Can't wait til W1.

  17. #77
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm actually feeling confident after Sunday. D playing great, Coples making plays and getting pressure consistently against starters, Howard stepping up big time at RT, Sanchez looking confident and in control.

    Can't wait til W1.
    Geoff Hangartner sucks. The Panthers D is horrendous and played vanilla. Color me skeptical

  18. #78
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetSouth View Post
    Geoff Hangartner sucks. The Panthers D is horrendous and played vanilla. Color me skeptical
    SOJF goní SOJF?

  19. #79
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,892
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You're panicking way too much. Remember not every contract has to be evenly paid. In 2014 we are set up pretty good. Holmes, Sanchez, and Cro can all come off easy with around 9 mil in savings each. Out side of those deals Brick is the only 10+ mil deal on that year. Pouha would be a 5.5 cut, Scott, Hunter, and Pace will have already been cut. The biggest FA we have set it Joe McKnight and Conely. It says 93 on the cap page but given the likely cuts it is really more like 63 mil. WITH NO REAL FA ATM! That is assuming only 1 of Cro, Sanchez or Holmes is cut and not counting the 6 mil on Revis. Really I wouldn't be shocked if Cro and Holmes where extended next year to cut the cap a bit as well. I'd have no issue with giving Cro an extension if he was willing to take a 3 mil cut next year. There is nothing that says Revis can't take 11 mil next year and 24 in 2014. So the Revis deal actually doesn't have a huge effect on next year IMO. Contracts shouldn't be looked at year to year but as a long term thing. The Sanchez extension I think is the only thing that hog ties us because if he succeeds or not he is back next year no matter what. I really just didn't get that move.
    We need to keep cro, cut Holmes,and trade revis.

  20. #80
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    We need to keep cro, cut Holmes,and trade revis.
    I hate this, but I agree with it. I just love having revis on this team, but it's probably best to trade him

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us