Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike-T and Rex have this season.....

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike-T and Rex have this season.....

to fix this mess and fix it fast or they all should GO! First off for the life of me I don't understand why they didn't cut the worst player on this team Wayne Hunter! Not only that but gave him a contract extention!?!?! Then they don't even go out there and find someone else to compete with him? No what the Jets do is go after a media circus in a QB who is not even better than what we have! I like Tebow as a person but I never thought he was a good QB, that guy could not hit the side of a barn! When I saw Steven Hill wide open in the endzone with the second team and the ball falls at his feet I wanted to kil Mike-T for this trade!!!! And not taking care of this line even if you got Payton Manning this offense would go nowhere!!!!
    This front office has made some stupid picks and its all coming out now! They need to right the ship and fast or at the end of this season we throw all of them overboard!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and dont forget that he really never addressed the WR situation either---You have Holmes, who is at best a second WR and a rookie that you have pinned your hopes on. I laugh about Kerely and Schillens.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Woody is going to give Rex at least one more season regardless of what transpires this season. He loves the press that Rex generates.

Tanny may be this year's casualty. But, unfortunately, any GM worth his salt is going to want to come in and pick his own coach. No good, experienced GM is going to come in and just accept Rex Ryan as HC. So, we're going to end up with an inexperienced GM looking for his first opportunity, a washed up GM depserate to get back in the business, or (and, this is what I think will happen) someone already on the Jets payroll stepping into the GM position.

Can you say Terry Bradway Part II?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    I think Woody is going to give Rex at least one more season regardless of what transpires this season. He loves the press that Rex generates.

Tanny may be this year's casualty. But, unfortunately, any GM worth his salt is going to want to come in and pick his own coach. No good, experienced GM is going to come in and just accept Rex Ryan as HC. So, we're going to end up with an inexperienced GM looking for his first opportunity, a washed up GM depserate to get back in the business, or (and, this is what I think will happen) someone already on the Jets payroll stepping into the GM position.

Woody is part of the problem. He is Al Davis and Leon Hess combined.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this Ray Ray guy for real? Is he related to someone in management on the Jets? Anyone who posts something even vaguely critical of the Jets front office and he goes haywire.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its important for rextilleon to start up dozens of new Jet hate threads this week Ray.

This is the best week he has had as a Jet "fan" in a number of years. I think we should just let him enjoy his happiness

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is another lap dog. These guys think they run this channel---I'm in open rebellion mode. Its good for us and its good for the Jets. Let the fan base be heard loud and clear and maybe Trust Baby will hear us! God Bless.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trust Baby?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post

You know what? That's entirely possible. It would pretty much guarantee that Rex stays and you'd have a guy intimately familiar with the organization and its personnel. I have to believe Bradway has learned something in the 6 years since he's been in that seat. Although it's hard to wipe the taint away that was left with Robertson and Jolley and Mccareins.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Pez View Post
    to fix this mess and fix it fast or they all should GO! First off for the life of me I don't understand why they didn't cut the worst player on this team Wayne Hunter! Not only that but gave him a contract extention!?!?! Then they don't even go out there and find someone else to compete with him? No what the Jets do is go after a media circus in a QB who is not even better than what we have! I like Tebow as a person but I never thought he was a good QB, that guy could not hit the side of a barn! When I saw Steven Hill wide open in the endzone with the second team and the ball falls at his feet I wanted to kil WOODY for this trade!!!! And not taking care of this line even if you got Payton Manning this offense would go nowhere!!!!
    This front office has made some stupid picks and its all coming out now! They need to right the ship and fast or at the end of this season we throw all of them overboard!!!

Fixed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Pez View Post
    to fix this mess and fix it fast or they all should GO! First off for the life of me I don't understand why they didn't cut the worst player on this team Wayne Hunter! Not only that but gave him a contract extention!?!?! Then they don't even go out there and find someone else to compete with him? No what the Jets do is go after a media circus in a QB who is not even better than what we have! I like Tebow as a person but I never thought he was a good QB, that guy could not hit the side of a barn! When I saw Steven Hill wide open in the endzone with the second team and the ball falls at his feet I wanted to kil Mike-T for this trade!!!! And not taking care of this line even if you got Payton Manning this offense would go nowhere!!!!
    Firstly, the Jets did take action. They gutted the offensive staff and assumed they had the answer. However, there was no way to be certain until the preseason games began and here we are.

It's still fixable.

Secondly, Tebow would've hit Hill for 6 if he only let loose and slinged it his way Steve Young style instead of hesitating, over-thinking, and using unnatural artificial mechanics that were forced upon him.

He needs to throw it like he means it - his way- and ignore all the pseudo-experts that are f-king him up.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    To me, this is 90% on Tanny. He's the GM and the architect of this team. Sure, Rex should have an opinion on personnel decisions but utlimately its up to Tanny to construct this team. We need a GM who is a decision maker and leader and not let the Head Coach in his ear. I think Tanny is waaaay too easily influenced by everyone in his ear. He's just not a leader.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a new and exciting point of view.

Great thread, OP. Will read again.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    To me, this is 90% on Tanny. He's the GM and the architect of this team. Sure, Rex should have an opinion on personnel decisions but utlimately its up to Tanny to construct this team. We need a GM who is a decision maker and leader and not let the Head Coach in his ear. I think Tanny is waaaay too easily influenced by everyone in his ear. He's just not a leader.
    The only GMs that are competent talent evaluators are former players and coaches.

The rest are glorified number crunchers, accountants, that rely heavily on scouts and coaches' input to order parts for the machine.

Tannenbaum is just a cashier.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Is this Ray Ray guy for real? Is he related to someone in management on the Jets? Anyone who posts something even vaguely critical of the Jets front office and he goes haywire.
    Oh yeah, I'm for real...

Be critical of the Jets all you want, I am too, just do it with even just an INKLING of some logic and common sense, without the agenda, inuendo, chicken little routine, something you are known for doing...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Firstly, the Jets did take action. They gutted the offensive staff and assumed they had the answer. However, there was no way to be certain until the preseason games began and here we are.

It's still fixable.

Secondly, Tebow would've hit Hill for 6 if he only let loose and slinged it his way Steve Young style instead of hesitating, over-thinking, and using unnatural artificial mechanics that were forced upon him.

He needs to throw it like he means it - his way- and ignore all the pseudo-experts that are f-king him up.
    Tebow is NOT a QB, maybe they can put him in the backfield with his size and run the ball!!! The most he ever does on offense is when he is running! So why try to force him to be a QB? But Sanchez is doomed this poor kid is going to be destroyed by this trade. They were already cheering for Tebow in pre season can you imagine when Sanchez throws the first int! Then we are going to replace him with a worse QB!!! We need lineman not tebowmania and a bunch of yahoos yelling for him in the stands!!!! Maybe throw in a WR too!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Be critical of the Jets all you want, I am too,
    Link?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Link?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    The better question is whats your agenda?

Only an idiot would fire a coach who has never had a losing season, has gone to the playoffs 2 of the 3 seasons he's coached and took his team, as an under dog in each and every playoff game to the AFCCG twice.

So yeah to be even vaguely critical is stupid.

You find a coach who proves he can coach and you stick with him, build continuity helps win, constantly changing coaches at the first sign of trouble is what losers do.

These same threads that show up over and over again, the same exact bit of crystal ball gauzing is like a roll call of losers on this board.