Thread: Do We Have Any Chance of Landing Cowher in 2013??

Practice Squad

Do We Have Any Chance of Landing Cowher in 2013??

This is going to be far worse than I had thought. We're not looking at 7-9. We're looking at a top 5 draft pick come next April. Cowher wants total control if he is to ever come back. If we axe Tanny & Rex, do we have a shot? He's a proven winner who'd have no problem kicking this team in the balls....

So let's go after the guy who needed 4 years to get to his first Super bowl, and needed 13 years to win his first SB...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    This is going to be far worse than I had thought. We're not looking at 7-9. We're looking at a top 5 draft pick come next April. Cowher wants total control if he is to ever come back. If we axe Tanny & Rex, do we have a shot? He's a proven winner who'd have no problem kicking this team in the balls....
    Can we play one regular season game first?

Can we?

-

Top 5 draft pick?! Pump the breaks a bit and let them play a real game with everyone healthy first.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Can we?

-
    If only we had more sane people like you here at JI it would be a far better place

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Can we?

-

Can we?

-
    Thank you for some perspective

All Pro
    Do the players play hard for Rex?

If that answer is yes, then you keep Rex. If The Jaw was here, do you really think the RT problem would be fixed? Let's learn something from the Steelers, it's called continuity. The players KNOW the coach isn't going anywhere, so they respect him more. In Pitt, that's what they had. Rex should not go anywhere, he has multiple times gotten this team to over acheive. Remember, Cowher didn't win until he had a SB quality QB on his roster, we don't have that yet. I still like Sanchez, but he needs some protection. 2 decent OG and an awful RT are not protection. That's a recipe for a beating.

Who are the best two QB's in the league? Manning and Brady. And what did we always say? "They don't like defensive guys around them, they don't like to be hit." Why would sanchez be any different? You have to protect him somewhat. It can't be a jailbreak every play. If you hit any QB 10 times in the first half of a game, he will be jittery in the second half. And that's on the talent level, not on the coach being unable to coach up the worst RT in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP

Can we?

-
    Welcome back to the 1991 to 1995 NY football JETS!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    If only we had more sane people like you here at JI it would be a far better place

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Bizarro world sg3

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Things are kinda bleak right now, but at least let Rex & Co. play out the season first.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL. Cowher sucks.

For the sake of the question (even though it is silly) the only coach that is not currently coaching a team that I would take is John Gruden. IF Rex fails, which I don't think he will, the next coach must be an offensive minded coach.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd love Cowher the coach but not the GM. He's never been a GM. If we were to make a change let us please go after somoene that has done it before. I'm so sick of 1st time head coaches and 1st time GM's.

SO PASS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Do the players play hard for Rex?

If that answer is yes, then you keep Rex. If The Jaw was here, do you really think the RT problem would be fixed? Let's learn something from the Steelers, it's called continuity. The players KNOW the coach isn't going anywhere, so they respect him more. In Pitt, that's what they had. Rex should not go anywhere, he has multiple times gotten this team to over acheive. Remember, Cowher didn't win until he had a SB quality QB on his roster, we don't have that yet. I still like Sanchez, but he needs some protection. 2 decent OG and an awful RT are not protection. That's a recipe for a beating.

Who are the best two QB's in the league? Manning and Brady. And what did we always say? "They don't like defensive guys around them, they don't like to be hit." Why would sanchez be any different? You have to protect him somewhat. It can't be a jailbreak every play. If you hit any QB 10 times in the first half of a game, he will be jittery in the second half. And that's on the talent level, not on the coach being unable to coach up the worst RT in the NFL.

Don't disagree with most of what you said and I'm in no way saying that Rex should be fired and even thought about being fired at this point. But would a more established coach allow the Jets to go into the season with Hunter as the starting RT? I think Rex's biggest downfall is he believes in his coaching staff too much. I'm sure Sparano said he could fix Hunter but Rex as the HC should've put his foot down. That's where I see a more established coach making a difference.

MAJOR FAIL DUDE !!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Dumb thread as we have not played a real game yet. Give the team a chance to execute the plays they are keeping under wraps... All they showed was a vanilla off.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    Don't disagree with most of what you said and I'm in no way saying that Rex should be fired and even thought about being fired at this point. But would a more established coach allow the Jets to go into the season with Hunter as the starting RT? I think Rex's biggest downfall is he believes in his coaching staff too much. I'm sure Sparano said he could fix Hunter but Rex as the HC should've put his foot down. That's where I see a more established coach making a difference.
    That falls on Tanny as much as Rex. At the end of the day, the GM should be making the personel decisions. Too many coaches think they can fix a player. You can only do so much with a player. A great coach can take a "B Grade" player and make him into an A- or even an A. But if you have a player who is an "F Grade", he can't be coached up to a "C". Especially a veteran guy. A rookie can learn alot and really improve. A veteran of 6 years, he usually is what he is unless he was in a bad system.