Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Can he play RT?
    not well but , ...even that's better than wayne

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    I never endorsed the idea...But is rickey sapp or mcintire better than him?
    They are both better than him at this point. He's AWFUL when he's not on the sauce

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why on Earth would someone want to pay another penny on our D, they're already pretty good. Any other expenditures this years should be directed solely at the offense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Per Rotoworld.

Shawne Merriman - DL - Bills Bills released DE Shawne Merriman.
    The broken-down Merriman has proven to be a shell of his former "Lights Out" self. During the last two seasons, he's appeared in just 12 games and managed one sack while noticeably lacking explosion. Even though the Bills already paid him a $1 million roster bonus earlier this year, they save $4 million in base salary by moving on now. Merriman, 28, has time to latch on as a pass-rushing flier with a team that runs a 3-4 base.

I know we need to be looking for a RT, but is this guy worth a look ?
    No way. We need to focus exclusively on the offensive side of the ball right now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We don't need any more old, broken down, linebackers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    My apology, I was being sarcastic...my point being, chasing OLDER players is why we SUCK today. I really dont feel strongly one way or the other but I dont see how he can help us. Can he play O- line?
    Which older players have the Jets chased who have sucked to make the Jets suck today? LT? Definitely did not suck. Burress? Did not suck. I'm not sure who I'm missing who was old and sucked for the Jets to make them suck today?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Which older players have the Jets chased who have sucked to make the Jets suck today? LT? Definitely did not suck. Burress? Did not suck. I'm not sure who I'm missing who was old and sucked for the Jets to make them suck today?
    Burress helped in the red zone but was worthless between the 20's. I don't think he helped our overall offense. Did he "suck?" That's a pretty subjective word.

Bart Scott has been a disappointment considering how much he was paid.

How about Jason Taylor? He was a shell of his former self. Made 1 or 2 nice plays the whole time he was here?

Just saying those are 3 that come to mind. I'm not counting Derrick Mason because they cut bait with him quickly.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Burress helped in the red zone but was worthless between the 20's. I don't think he helped our overall offense. Did he "suck?" That's a pretty subjective word.

How about Jason Taylor? He was a shell of his former self. Made 1 or 2 nice plays the whole time he was here?

Just saying those are 3 that come to mind. I'm not counting Derrick Mason because they cut bait with him quickly.
    Bart Scott, although 29 when signed and wouldn't consider old at 32 has not sucked. I agree with you expecting better production last season considering what he signed for but you have to look at the guarented money(which I don't know..) The Jets needed a LB and Scott was coming off a good year so I wouldn't classify this as signing an old player IMO.

Jason Taylor is no longer on the team and his tenure does not effect the Jets now or in the future. He did suck but again does not effect the Jets current roster as sucking.

Again, I was replying to the other poster about the Jets going after older players effecting the current state of the Jets as sucking.

Jason

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tila says hi!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Per Rotoworld.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Per Rotoworld.

The broken-down Merriman has proven to be a shell of his former "Lights Out" self. During the last two seasons, he's appeared in just 12 games and managed one sack while noticeably lacking explosion. Even though the Bills already paid him a $1 million roster bonus earlier this year, they save $4 million in base salary by moving on now. Merriman, 28, has time to latch on as a pass-rushing flier with a team that runs a 3-4 base.

noooo we're straight man. Maybin is rising and he's similar to Merriman. Merriman since he got caught juicing keeps getting hurt and he doesn't have the playmaking ability he once had. Also if ANYONE is concerned about Maybin's ability to defend the run then you don't even want to entertain the idea of Merriman.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

You just didn't get his point did you?

Your 3 miss the mark

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he's healthy why not! I remember another Bills pass rusher that was a complete bust and a waste that worked out pretty well for us.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    People do realize he shredded his knee years ago and has sucked since, right?

I'll say it again, too many people here think that other teams garbage is better than our players without a thought

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, like we need another LB that can't rush the qb or cover. We have enough of those already.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he gains about 80 lbs and can suddenly play right tackle...

Even then, no.