Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightmare scenario for Jets (article)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    I'm constantly amazed how people that follow a team so closely understand so little. Sanchez, aside from one dumb mistake looks much sharper this year and will have a solid year. Tebow has not looked good.
    This part I actually agree with quite a bit. Sanchez has looked better this year, no doubt. But it's hard to tell the impact of having a depleted WR corps out there and a busted RT on Sanchez's play thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    Sanchez checking down in a preseason game is to avoid injury. Fix right tackle and get our receivers back and we'll be just fine. QB is not the problem, not even close.
    Totally disagree. He's checking down because people aren't open and the pocket is collapsing. If he wanted to avoid injury he'd throw the ball away. He's checking down because there aren't options.

I also am not sure we'll be just fine but I have no doubt that if we solve the RT problem, Holmes gets back in there and Hill improves throughout the year Sanchez will be a very productive starter. But that's a lot of "if's"

Jets Insider VIP
    thankfully, jetstream, thankfully

starting Teblow at QB would only help if the Jets determined that they were willing to lose every game in order to get Barkley in the draft.

Teblow would definitely be the QB to get us there if that was the strategy

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    thankfully, jetstream, thankfully

starting Teblow at QB would only help if the Jets determined that they were willing to lose every game in order to get Barkley in the draft.

Teblow would definitely be the QB to get us there if that was the strategy
    So you want to go back to the USC well one more time?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    You must be crazy if you think that Sanchez Would start the 1st 6 games in which he loses 5. I could see tebow starting the 3rd quarter of the Bills game if we are down at the half and the offense looks bad.

Sanchez's leash has about 1 link on it.
    True. Maybe this is what Sanchez needs. Sit his ass on the bench for a game or two. Parcells had no problem benching Vinny or anyone.

All Pro
    mark sanchez confidence is ruined? so being a millionaire, being in top shape and banging hot chicks... LoL please