Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Watching Rex's press confernce

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Cut this bum. Cut him now. F#ckin P#ssy.
    He's got to go.

My favorite part about him is that he got all butt hurt about Cromartie's comments and he's not been able to prove the guy wrong.

Has to go. Today.

There is no reason to keep him around.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    [/B]Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex said Saturday's game might have been the best he's seen Nick Mangold play.
    Mangold has looked really good.

I have been watching him closely b.c last season I suspected him of being out of shape (NOT what caused his injury). He was pushing guys around Saturday night. Getting a lot of movement on runs and he kept the pocket tall on passes.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Everytime I hear Rex speak, I am reminded ofthat wonderful story--The Emperor's Clothes---where finally everyone realizes that the Emperor is a fake.
    Not not everyone.

Just the brain dead among us.

Hall Of Fame
    You can add Schilens to the list of mistakes Tanny made this off season. What a miserable signing this guy was.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Can anyone tell me when a HC was fired for going 32-22 with a lil postseason success and the same amount of experience as his Qb?

Harsh but fair.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

Will Hunter or Howard be Week 1 starter at RT? Rex: "I'm not painting myself into a corner because things happen"
    This is slightly comforting to hear...
    Tanny must be working the phones. At least I hope he is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Can anyone tell me when a HC was fired for going 32-22 with a lil postseason success and the same amount of experience as his Qb?
    Lets see what he does this year...he'll be below 500 as a Regular season HC.

Deer meet headlights. That's REX right now.

agreed, waste of a roster spot...

The pity of it it all is that I think Rex is a good coach and possibly a good HC. The down fall of many a good coach is player evaluation and not having a very strong GM to take control of that aspect. It is up to the GM and scouts to provide the players with a bit of input from the coaches. There are very few coaches that can or should have tons of input into the players.

The fact that Rex might go down because of the likes of Hunter, Holmes and such is unfortunate.

Regarding Hunter, it may be that the Jets did the cardinal sin with him and listened to the oline coach who said 'we can fix him'. Dr Z has a fine article a few years back when he talked to some long time GM's, one of them being Wolf who told him that you should almost never listen to your oline coach re evaluating the talent in that position because they think they can coach up anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    This message is hidden because copernicus is on your ignore list.
    Can you post your entire ignore list?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Lets see what he does this year...he'll be below 500 as a Regular season HC.
    You're expecting 3 wins or less?

All League
    The Browns fired Marty Schottenheimer after 3 consecutive 10+ win seasons, 4 playoff appearances in 4.5 years, and 2 AFC championship games.

They've had 4 winning seasons since (23 years).

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    The Browns fired Marty Schottenheimer after 3 consecutive 10+ win seasons, 4 playoff appearances in 4.5 years, and 2 AFC championship games.

They've had 4 winning seasons since (23 years).
    Ok, that's 1 in over 80 years.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    How many times did he throw the offense under the bus while patting himself on the back about HIS defense?...........
    He can claim to be the best defensive coach all he wants but unfortunately he is a HEAD coach. I'd settle for the 10th best defense but best team anyday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The pity of it it all is that I think Rex is a good coach and possibly a good HC. The down fall of many a good coach is player evaluation and not having a very strong GM to take control of that aspect. It is up to the GM and scouts to provide the players with a bit of input from the coaches. There are very few coaches that can or should have tons of input into the players.

The fact that Rex might go down because of the likes of Hunter, Holmes and such is unfortunate.

Regarding Hunter, it may be that the Jets did the cardinal sin with him and listened to the oline coach who said 'we can fix him'. Dr Z has a fine article a few years back when he talked to some long time GM's, one of them being Wolf who told him that you should almost never listen to your oline coach re evaluating the talent in that position because they think they can coach up anyone.
    This is Woody, not Dan or John.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You can add Schilens to the list of mistakes Tanny made this off season. What a miserable signing this guy was.
    Yeah but it was for $700K on a 1 yr deal..with only $65K of dead $$ if cut..And he basically came with the new WR coach..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    He can claim to be the best defensive coach all he wants but unfortunately he is a HEAD coach. I'd settle for the 10th best defense but best team anyday.
    Me too, you have to give it time.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex on punter T.J. Conley: "There's times when he looks like Ray Guy out there. We've just to see it consistently. "

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Mangold has looked really good.

I have been watching him closely b.c last season I suspected him of being out of shape (NOT what caused his injury). He was pushing guys around Saturday night. Getting a lot of movement on runs and he kept the pocket tall on passes.
    Can he play RT?