Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 65

Thread: Jets waive OT Stephon Heyer

  1. #21
    Wow, Heyer must really suck.

  2. #22
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,271
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Except - according to Mr. Steiny, they were only at 88 on the roster as of Saturday. I don't recall hearing about any additions since then....so there was nothing from preventing them from signing another RT even with Heyer on the roster.

    My thinking is that, regardless of whether we were at 90 or not, when you release someone at a position of need, you generally sign someone else to replace that position. Perhaps they wanted to leave extra room for other positions...WR, P or RB.

  3. #23
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,271
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Wow, Heyer must really suck.
    Someone had to say it.

  4. #24
    Isn't Chad Clifton (Packers) still available? what's his situation?

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,990
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    HAHAHAHA.
    But in all seriousness they might be opening up a roster spot.
    We're at 87 (of 90) and we don't have to be under 80 until the 28th. He wasn't waived in order to sign someone.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,710
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Except - according to Mr. Steiny, they were only at 88 on the roster as of Saturday. I don't recall hearing about any additions since then....so there was nothing from preventing them from signing another RT even with Heyer on the roster.

    Well yes except that there is whole thing about being sure to not accumulate too much OL talent at any one time on any one NFL roster. A bit like putting too many nuclear fuel rods in close proximity to one another. Can be explosive. It would create a disturbance in the force doncha know

    Never fear, Tanny is either working on something both splashy and cheap unless he can find a way to mortgage the team future for another 20 years in which case he is getting ready to announce something splashy and expensive.

  7. #27
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Nick Bellore is doing positional drills with the RBs. Looks like he's made the move to fullback



    Good because he doesn't impress me as an ILB...JMO

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Isn't Chad Clifton (Packers) still available? what's his situation?
    He's still available. He and Mckenzie are considered the two best free agent tackles currently available on the lists I've seen.

    Not sure what he wants for money, or what his health situation is. But either he or McKenzie should be in Florham Park for a workout. I don't understand why the Jets wouldn't at least explore this option.

  9. #29
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,271
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Well yes except that there is whole thing about being sure to not accumulate too much OL talent at any one time on any one NFL roster. A bit like putting too many nuclear fuel rods in close proximity to one another. Can be explosive. It would create a disturbance in the force doncha know

    Never fear, Tanny is either working on something both splashy and cheap unless he can find a way to mortgage the team future for another 20 years in which case he is getting ready to announce something splashy and expensive.
    He's bringing Jumbo Elliot out of retirement. You can't have enough RT's on the roster who have caught at least 1 TD.

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Nick Bellore is doing positional drills with the RBs. Looks like he's made the move to fullback



    Good because he doesn't impress me as an ILB...JMO
    Ya, interesting. I recall some good straight-line plays last season so he might just be a good fit. Wtf is going on with Connor?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Nick Bellore is doing positional drills with the RBs. Looks like he's made the move to fullback



    Good because he doesn't impress me as an ILB...JMO
    Is John Conner getting cut? He played like crap Saturday, and has been a bit of a let down..

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,109
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Nick Bellore is doing positional drills with the RBs. Looks like he's made the move to fullback



    Good because he doesn't impress me as an ILB...JMO
    Agreed. Just not a good position for him.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Isn't Chad Clifton (Packers) still available? what's his situation?

    Available Tackles per PFW
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...=246540&page=2

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He's bringing Jumbo Elliot out of retirement. You can't have enough RT's on the roster who have caught at least 1 TD.
    The Wildcat-pass-to-eligble-tackle would be a HUGE wrinkle in our O. SB here we come.

    Maybe Hunter could pull a Jose Bautista and turn out to have the hands of Jerry Rice. Don't even make him block - just send him deep on every play.

  15. #35
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,113
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    Is John Conner getting cut? He played like crap Saturday, and has been a bit of a let down..
    Gigantic letdown, this guy has not done anything since his block on hard knocks.

  16. #36
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    He's still available. He and Mckenzie are considered the two best free agent tackles currently available on the lists I've seen.

    Not sure what he wants for money, or what his health situation is. But either he or McKenzie should be in Florham Park for a workout. I don't understand why the Jets wouldn't at least explore this option.
    Clifton took a physical with the patriocheats last week.

    I didn't hear one way or the other. Maybe he didn't pass?

  17. #37
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,271
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    Is John Conner getting cut? He played like crap Saturday, and has been a bit of a let down..
    I think his days as a Jet are numbered.

    He may be "terminated."

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,710
    Just how retired is Damien Woody?

  19. #39
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,271
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Just how retired is Damien Woody?
    We should all tweet him about it.

    We know he's not shy about tweeting.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    We should all tweet him about it.

    We know he's not shy about tweeting.
    Woody isn't dumb enough to give up his sweet ESPN gig. What other retired has-beens are out there? Maybe Marvin Powell has kept himself up. Is Chris Ward still alive?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us