Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets waive OT Stephon Heyer

Wow, Heyer must really suck.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Except - according to Mr. Steiny, they were only at 88 on the roster as of Saturday. I don't recall hearing about any additions since then....so there was nothing from preventing them from signing another RT even with Heyer on the roster.

My thinking is that, regardless of whether we were at 90 or not, when you release someone at a position of need, you generally sign someone else to replace that position. Perhaps they wanted to leave extra room for other positions...WR, P or RB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Wow, Heyer must really suck.
    Someone had to say it.

Isn't Chad Clifton (Packers) still available? what's his situation?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    HAHAHAHA.
    But in all seriousness they might be opening up a roster spot.
    We're at 87 (of 90) and we don't have to be under 80 until the 28th. He wasn't waived in order to sign someone.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Except - according to Mr. Steiny, they were only at 88 on the roster as of Saturday. I don't recall hearing about any additions since then....so there was nothing from preventing them from signing another RT even with Heyer on the roster.

Well yes except that there is whole thing about being sure to not accumulate too much OL talent at any one time on any one NFL roster. A bit like putting too many nuclear fuel rods in close proximity to one another. Can be explosive. It would create a disturbance in the force doncha know

Never fear, Tanny is either working on something both splashy and cheap unless he can find a way to mortgage the team future for another 20 years in which case he is getting ready to announce something splashy and expensive.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Nick Bellore is doing positional drills with the RBs. Looks like he's made the move to fullback

Good because he doesn't impress me as an ILB...JMO

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    He's still available. He and Mckenzie are considered the two best free agent tackles currently available on the lists I've seen.

Not sure what he wants for money, or what his health situation is. But either he or McKenzie should be in Florham Park for a workout. I don't understand why the Jets wouldn't at least explore this option.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Well yes except that there is whole thing about being sure to not accumulate too much OL talent at any one time on any one NFL roster. A bit like putting too many nuclear fuel rods in close proximity to one another. Can be explosive. It would create a disturbance in the force doncha know

Never fear, Tanny is either working on something both splashy and cheap unless he can find a way to mortgage the team future for another 20 years in which case he is getting ready to announce something splashy and expensive.
    He's bringing Jumbo Elliot out of retirement. You can't have enough RT's on the roster who have caught at least 1 TD.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Nick Bellore is doing positional drills with the RBs. Looks like he's made the move to fullback

Ya, interesting. I recall some good straight-line plays last season so he might just be a good fit. Wtf is going on with Connor?

Is John Conner getting cut? He played like crap Saturday, and has been a bit of a let down..

Hall Of Fame

Agreed. Just not a good position for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post

Available Tackles per PFW
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...=246540&page=2

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He's bringing Jumbo Elliot out of retirement. You can't have enough RT's on the roster who have caught at least 1 TD.
    The Wildcat-pass-to-eligble-tackle would be a HUGE wrinkle in our O. SB here we come.

Maybe Hunter could pull a Jose Bautista and turn out to have the hands of Jerry Rice. Don't even make him block - just send him deep on every play.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    Is John Conner getting cut? He played like crap Saturday, and has been a bit of a let down..
    Gigantic letdown, this guy has not done anything since his block on hard knocks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    He's still available. He and Mckenzie are considered the two best free agent tackles currently available on the lists I've seen.

Not sure what he wants for money, or what his health situation is. But either he or McKenzie should be in Florham Park for a workout. I don't understand why the Jets wouldn't at least explore this option.
    Clifton took a physical with the patriocheats last week.

I didn't hear one way or the other. Maybe he didn't pass?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    I think his days as a Jet are numbered.

He may be "terminated."

Hall Of Fame
    Just how retired is Damien Woody?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Just how retired is Damien Woody?
    We should all tweet him about it.

We know he's not shy about tweeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    We should all tweet him about it.

We know he's not shy about tweeting.
    Woody isn't dumb enough to give up his sweet ESPN gig. What other retired has-beens are out there? Maybe Marvin Powell has kept himself up. Is Chris Ward still alive?