Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65

Thread: Jets waive OT Stephon Heyer

  1. #1

    Jets waive OT Stephon Heyer

    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

    Jets have waived OT Stephon Heyer. #nyj

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    1,361
    Wrong OT

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,577
    Prelude to signing a Vet OL?

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,289
    HAHAHAHA.





    But in all seriousness they might be opening up a roster spot.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,644
    Quote Originally Posted by j e t s View Post
    Wrong OT
    I hear you but they can't really cut Hunter. His money counts against the cap and the Jets are already cap strapped as it is.

    They screwed the pooch on the Hunter deal and we all have to live with it until 2013.

    I imagine they are making room for a FA signing at RT by cutting Heyer.

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    696
    ANY Jet OT who isn't starting over Hunter must be pretty bad !

  7. #7
    Sign the beast...oh wait

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I hear you but they can't really cut Hunter. His money counts against the cap and the Jets are already cap strapped as it is.

    They screwed the pooch on the Hunter deal and we all have to live with it until 2013.

    I imagine they are making room for a FA signing at RT by cutting Heyer.
    The only thing we should HAVE to live with is an overpaid back up.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    HAHAHAHA.





    But in all seriousness they might be opening up a roster spot.
    Couldn't they open a spot AFTER signing someone? Or do they have to make space beforehand?

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,560
    Making room on the roster for a new addition.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,644
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Couldn't they open a spot AFTER signing someone? Or do they have to make space beforehand?
    I'm guessing a signing is imminent. Maybe just working out the details.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Sign the beast...oh wait
    Beat me to it

    _

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

    Jets have waived OT Stephon Heyer. #nyj
    Jets made the mistake not playing him at Guard. His skill set he better suited for guard than tackle. Jet used him at tackle and it not surprising he was cut.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,578
    How bad can this guy be?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Pretty sure they were below the 90 man limit before waiving Heyer, but I may be wrong..
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    The #Jets have 87 players on the roster, room for 3 more. The roster needs to be cutdown to 80 players on Tuesday, August 28th, 2012.
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-20-2012 at 01:34 PM.

  16. #16
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,149
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Jets have waived OT Stephon Heyer.

    haha

    -

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm guessing a signing is imminent. Maybe just working out the details.
    Agreed. Hopefully it won't be a letdown signing.

  18. #18
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I hear you but they can't really cut Hunter. His money counts against the cap and the Jets are already cap strapped as it is.

    They screwed the pooch on the Hunter deal and we all have to live with it until 2013.

    I imagine they are making room for a FA signing at RT by cutting Heyer.
    Except - according to Mr. Steiny, they were only at 88 on the roster as of Saturday. I don't recall hearing about any additions since then....so there was nothing from preventing them from signing another RT even with Heyer on the roster.



    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    @Manolo518 The #Jets have 88 players on the roster. I just named 21 of them to watch out for! #nyj
    Hide conversation
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    1:38 PM - 18 Aug 12 via web Details

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Agreed. Hopefully it won't be a letdown signing.
    Given the available options, chances are great that it's going to be more about correcting a deficit than gaining an advantage. But hey - all these decision-makers are playing for their jobs - maybe we'll get an upside surprise . . .

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,726
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Except - according to Mr. Steiny, they were only at 88 on the roster as of Saturday. I don't recall hearing about any additions since then....so there was nothing from preventing them from signing another RT even with Heyer on the roster.

    True.


    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    The #Jets have 87 players on the roster, room for two more. The roster needs to be cutdown to 80 players on Tuesday, August 28th, 2012. #nyj

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us