Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday Aug 20 Tweets & Info

All League
    lol

@JennyVrentas
    Unofficial math: Sanchez 8-for-15 with 4 sacks in 11-on-11s. Tebow 6-for-10 with 6 "sacks".

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Brown 3-for-4 with miss from 37. Folk 4-for-4.
    I think it's safe to say that Folk has won the kicking battle.

Expect Brown to get cut within the next week.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    this is the biggest problem with the offense. Not the blocking, not the play calling. It's the QB getting the ball out of there.
    I would say the blocking is right up there.

-

All League
    I would feel a little better about these sack numbers if our defense had demolished the Giants QBs. Unfortunately...they did not.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Per NFL Movin the Chains...Per Pat Kirwan

People forget D'Brick had more sacks given up than Hunter

He wrote an article today about Vernon Carey. I'll try to find it.

Jets don't have the WR quality to leave Keller in to block

Can't use a RB to chip block because the D would send a blitzer to that side causing the RB to block the blitzer

Time for Jets to end the Wayne Hunter experiment?

By Pat Kirwan | NFL Insider

August 19, 2012 2:59 pm ET

It's not like the Jets shouldn't have seen this coming, the mess with with Wayne Hunter at right tackle.

In 2010 he gave up four sacks in four starts and another 8.5 last season in 16 starts (BTW: D'Brickashaw Ferguson gave up 9.5 last season).

The solution is not as simple as saying, 'Let's put a tight end over there to help Hunter, or have a back chip the DE.' Every time a team surrenders a receiver into the blocking scheme, the defense picks up a blitzer or the opportunity to double another receiver (like Santonio Holmes).

Can the Jets really afford to have Dustin Keller in the protection scheme?

Maybe it's time to work out Vernon Carey. He has played right tackle and guard in his career. He only gave up 4.5 sacks last season in 15 starts at guard (he had one holding call and no false starts, to boot).

Hunter and Carey are the same age but Carey has 107 starts to Hunter's 21.

Sacks are never a problem exclusive to offensive lineman, but that's who gets the blame, and it may be time for the Jets to do something about their right tackle situation.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blo...ter-experiment

I am surprised he didn't write or mention how V. Carey announced his retirement over a week ago
    Any chance that we can play Keller as a WR more often than TE, and keep a true TE in to block?

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    lol

@JennyVrentas
    Unofficial math: Sanchez 8-for-15 with 4 sacks in 11-on-11s. Tebow 6-for-10 with 6 "sacks".
    Just saw this.

Wonderfull. Nice to see that we're getting those protection issues worked out.

That's 10 sacks...with the buzzer.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I would say the blocking is right up there.

-
    If everyone agreed it was the QB not getting the ball out bit would say it was the blocking.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    Any chance that we can play Keller as a WR more often than TE, and keep a true TE in to block?
    What true TE?

There isn't a true TE on this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    If everyone agreed it was the QB not getting the ball out bit would say it was the blocking.
    i'm surprised Bit is not a stronger supporter of Sanchez, considering how he championed the likes of Dewayne and Gholston. maybe Mark isn't bust-y enough for his liking?

either way, not getting rid of the ball is a problem. but getting sacked every 3 snaps is a MUCH bigger issue.
    Last edited by Dirtstar; 08-20-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    lol

@JennyVrentas
    Meanwhile, this ferocious pass rush has barely been breathing on opposing team's QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i'm surprised Bit is not a stronger supporter of Sanchez, considering how he championed the likes of Dewayne and Gholston. maybe Mark is bust-y enough for his liking?

either way, not getting rid of the ball is a problem. but getting sacked every 3 snaps is a MUCH bigger issue.
    Hehe.

I absolutely agree it's a combination of both. Even when we had a good line in past years Sanchez help the ball a bit too long (no pun intended), but it's obviously horrible line play too at this point. There's no doubt getting speared in the chest every four plays from an unblocked lineman is causing his eye level to lower to the pass rush level and further exacerbating the problem of holding the ball. I just hate the "devil's advocate" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What true TE?

There isn't a true TE on this roster.
    lol...we're counting on a UDFA WR coming off a major achilles injury to be the blocking tight end.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Meanwhile, this ferocious pass rush has barely been breathing on opposing team's QBs.
    This really scares me. Though I'm not worried about the defense being really good, I think we all agree they might need to be borderline elite this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    this is the biggest problem with the offense. Not the blocking, not the play calling. It's the QB getting the ball out of there.
    Then you want every throw to be 8 yards or less than.

This "get the ball out quicker" argument ignores the glaring fact that quicker throws means shorter patterns, more defenders stacked in the box, and no big plays.

All Pro
    Maybe those QBs know how to get rid of the football before the WR comes wide open.

I don't know, something about anticipation

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    I would feel a little better about these sack numbers if our defense had demolished the Giants QBs. Unfortunately...they did not.
    +1000. We see our Dline owning our O-line, and our Dline is horrible at getting to the QB.

Yup, Elli Manning had all day to go a near perfect 7-14 saturday night with an INT.

Edit to note that Dalton was 4 for 9 in his limited time against our defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i'm surprised Bit is not a stronger supporter of Sanchez, considering how he championed the likes of Dewayne and Gholston. maybe Mark isn't bust-y enough for his liking?

if sanchez kept getting sacked but the other qbs didn't, then it's clear sanchez is the problem. but tebow is getting sacked plenty too, in both practice and in games. yet sanchez holds onto the ball too long but tebow doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    if sanchez kept getting sacked but the other qbs didn't, then it's clear sanchez is the problem. but tebow is getting sacked plenty too, in both practice and in games. yet sanchez holds onto the ball too long but tebow doesn't.
    You can't compare Sanchez to Tebow. Tebow is not a QB. Sanchez needs to learn to throw the ball away when he feels a sack coming and not just curl up into a ball and take a 6 yard loss. Its not Sanchez' fault our OLine is terrible, but he could minimize the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    You can't compare Sanchez to Tebow. Tebow is not a QB. Sanchez needs to learn to throw the ball away when he feels a sack coming and not just curl up into a ball and take a 6 yard loss. Its not Sanchez' fault our OLine is terrible, but he could minimize the damage.
    anyone who takes snaps for the jets needs to learn to throw the ball away, unless they're going to run it.