Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monday Aug 20 Tweets & Info

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Yup, Elli Manning had all day to go a near perfect 7-14 saturday night with an INT.

Edit to note that Dalton was 4 for 9 in his limited time against our defense.
    Was just going to say this. Tough to get on our D when opposing QBs are being rushed into incomplete passes. Pass rush is not just about sacks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    cimini's #'s a little different than Jenny's

Sanchez 9-15 with 2 sacks

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    if sanchez kept getting sacked but the other qbs didn't, then it's clear sanchez is the problem. but tebow is getting sacked plenty too, in both practice and in games. yet sanchez holds onto the ball too long but tebow doesn't.
    Our OLine doesn't play for opposing offenses.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    lol

@JennyVrentas
    Unofficial math: Sanchez 8-for-15 with 4 sacks in 11-on-11s. Tebow 6-for-10 with 6 "sacks".
    Yea but according to some posters out here the sacks are NOT being caused by a poor OL but because Sanchez is holding on to the ball to long......

Well I guess Sanchez is really holding on to the ball to long cause his holding on to the ball is forcing Tebow to be sacked as well!!

Some of us will post or say anything!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    this is the biggest problem with the offense. Not the blocking, not the play calling. It's the QB getting the ball out of there.
    Now I did say I wasn't going to use the new offense, and receivers as an excuse for Sanchez, but I didn't expect to get this kind of criticism after the second preseason game. The number 1, and slot receivers right now are rookies, and the #2 is a practice squad player. They're all learning a new offense, and the line is too. It's completely fair to put them up against the Giants defense that made Brady look bad, and judge them on that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    if sanchez kept getting sacked but the other qbs didn't, then it's clear sanchez is the problem. but tebow is getting sacked plenty too, in both practice and in games. yet sanchez holds onto the ball too long but tebow doesn't.
    Ummmmm this!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Now I did say I wasn't going to use the new offense, and receivers as an excuse for Sanchez, but I didn't expect to get this kind of criticism after the second preseason game. The number 1, and slot receivers right now are rookies, and the #2 is a practice squad player. They're all learning a new offense, and the line is too. It's completely fair to put them up against the Giants defense that made Brady look bad, and judge them on that.
    if you meant unfair, I completely agree.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like 2012 is going to be a great year. will this be the first year at metlife stadium for the brown paper bags to return

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll say it: almost all the sacks last year and this preseason have been the line's fault, not due to Sanchez holding the ball too long (that has been the case on just a handful of them IMO). Pass rushers are coming in basically untouched. I know others here disagree, but that's what I see. When I watch other teams and how much time in the pocket other QB's have, it just reinforces that.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    perhaps the skewed sack numbers indicate they are running actual defensive plays in practice compared to vanilla plays in the preseason.

don't look so into it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Yup, Elli Manning had all day to go a near perfect 7-14 saturday night with an INT.

Edit to note that Dalton was 4 for 9 in his limited time against our defense.
    I wasn't bashing the defense, but rather the porous O-line and/or the inability of the QBs to get the ball out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    sounds like 2012 is going to be a great year. will this be the first year at metlife stadium for the brown paper bags to return
    your contribution to this board is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ

the jets offense SUCKS, they cant run the offense now, and you want them the run the hurry up. time to fire mike tanenbum

the jets have been on the bottom for the past 43 yrs. were a joke, and woody is more concerned with media attention, then winning the SB.

the Tebow trade has worked wonders for woody johnsons Jets, they jets are talked about in the media everyday. thats what woody wanted, and he has gotten it so far

Fire Tanenbum

you mean, hands of stone keller cant block? he cant catch either

rex and his check down offense and ground and pound, just another reason for a losing season and NO sb

woody johnson brought teblow in for one thing, to sell seats, and once the season goes bad after the first few games, woody will pull rex strings he controls, and teblow will be starting

thats what woody is all about, headlines . he has no interest in winning a lombardi. what a joke of a franchise

inside info has this game meaning more then any of the reg season. woody wants the snoopy trophy, its more important to him then the jets winning a SB. starters will be playing the whole game.

Tannenbum is going to be canned after this season after 2012 turns into another disaster
    and these are just from the first page of your most recent posts... good gawd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I'll say it: almost all the sacks last year and this preseason have been the line's fault, not due to Sanchez holding the ball too long (that has been the case on just a handful of them IMO). Pass rushers are coming in basically untouched. I know others here disagree, but that's what I see. When I watch other teams and how much time in the pocket other QB's have, it just reinforces that.
    Yup... I look around the league and dudes are standing upright for 4 or 5 seconds... I think the 'get rid of the ball in 3 seconds' is a myth...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Yea but according to some posters out here the sacks are NOT being caused by a poor OL but because Sanchez is holding on to the ball to long......

Well I guess Sanchez is really holding on to the ball to long cause his holding on to the ball is forcing Tebow to be sacked as well!!

Some of us will post or say anything!!
    You need to post more often Chuck...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    With this line, they need the buzzer to go off at 1 second

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree. There was another point someone made that him holding the ball if he read blitz would be bad....but holding it vs 4 pass rushers, when he has 5 blockers and then trying to find an open WR agaisnt 7 "coverage defenders" is also not the norm.

On the flip side though, when sanchez looks to his right and sees JPP against Hunter 1-1, he shoudl prob just spike the ball and get another play called.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    this is the biggest problem with the offense. Not the blocking, not the play calling. It's the QB getting the ball out of there.
    So clueless.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every QB in the league has to get it out in under 3 seconds. Sanchez too. This idea that we need to get a better right tackle so Mark can have his 5 or 6 seconds is bull dung. In fact the longer he looks the more likely he is to throw a pick 6. Like the other night he threw that pick 6 with perfect protection. Mark is lounging back there. Just get it out. Throw the damn ball.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    There are times that Sanchez could have more pocket awareness - certainly one of the things that he can improve upon.

But, to suggest that that is the main cause of the sack issues the team has had is complete and utter bullsh!t. Last year, the entire offensive line was pretty bad. Hunter was beyond pretty bad, but the rest of the guys weren't setting the world on fire. This preseason, while the rest of the line has been merely average, Hunter has been atrocious. Absolutely atrocious. The first half against the Giants was as bad a performance as I've seen from a lineman in as long as I can remember.

If you want to make the argument that he was rusty or still hurt, that's fine. Its a lot better than blaming it on Sanchez. Sanchez could get rid of the ball quicker, but he will stay take an absolute pounding back there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Then you want every throw to be 8 yards or less than.

This "get the ball out quicker" argument ignores the glaring fact that quicker throws means shorter patterns, more defenders stacked in the box, and no big plays.
    There doesn't seem to be an option. Putting a TE with Hunter at all times might give Sanchez time to whip out short passes but is one 8 yard pass every set of downs such a bad thing? Surely we can game plan to get the other 2 yards on the two remaining downs.