Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damien Woody article re : Wayne Hunter

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    So for 16 games last season he had not faith in himself. He screwed the pooch last game. It's do or die. Who else do we have?
    I sincerely believe he needs to go back to playing back-up to find his game. He may never be able to handle being a starting tackle but right now he is a liability. It's either give Austin Howard the starting reps or wait for the final cuts on August 31st, to peruse the usual suspects.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Let the coaches go back and look at the game tape this week. Hopefully they'll see the problem & make adjustments asap or I'm a bit concerned for both the QB's safety. Don't forget, God forbid, I can't say it but Tebow would have Hunter as his RT too.

I respect Woods opinion, but think about the added stress you are putting on Mangold, Brick & Moore, the entire O. I'm sorry, but IMO it's not worth it to "wait n see" with RT and should cut bait asap.

All League
    This screams WOODY AND HUNTER ARE FRIENDS.

BULL****.

Sorry Damien, not biting. HUNTER NEEDS TO GO...NOW

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    From what I see...I agree with this. Hunters performance is way beyond the anecdotal response by Woody.
    he lost me at:
    " Sometimes he has a hard time trusting his athletic ability because he’s so athletic,” Woody said.

retirement must be awesome

Veteran
    Last year when Woody was interviewed his story was very different. He said at the time that he thought that maybe Wayne Hunter couldn't handle the spotlight aka prime time.

I wonder if the Jets PR department wrote Woody a check this week

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    So for 16 games last season he had not faith in himself. He screwed the pooch last game. It's do or die. Who else do we have?
    It wasn't for 16 games last year. He was getting praise from the announcers and press articles up through the end of October when the whole team fell apart. Not defending last night but let's at least be honest about it.

Plus, Sparano isn't just going to cross his fingers and hope for the best. He will set up help for him and run plays that don't expose his weakenesses. I'm convinced they have something up their sleeve they are not showing in pre-season. Let the D's plan on exploiting him, and then give them some surprises.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    he lost me at:
    " Sometimes he has a hard time trusting his athletic ability because he’s so athletic,” Woody said.

retirement must be awesome
    Good catch, but even he can't believe his own schtick on this one. I have a hard time being rich because I'm so good at making money. Same difference & not buying it.

There's no denying how well he played when he replaced Woody in 2010. Since then he's been nothing more than a liability.

Now, just because Woody believes in him, this isn't anything the Jets FO should get caught up in. Competition brings out the best in everyone. It's a normal thing in the NFL. You must constantly prove yourself.

This is why I blame Tanny for this. If you believe in him, fine, believe in him all you want. But don't think that gives you a license to simply ignore what happened last season.

Tanny should have gotten someone, anyone that would keep Hunter honest and on his game.

Does he have the potential? I'm sure he does but there are plenty of players with potential who don't translate it onto the football field.

He did well at the end of 2010 but either way we should have added more depth to this OL as well as a RT. Our owner wanting to make headlines is more important than winning?

Remember when we drafted D'Brick and Mangold instead of trying to get Bush or Leinart. We made out pretty well with that move I think.