Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to this guy?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post

Idk why more people don't point to Mark losing 2 of his favorite and most reliable targets as one of the reasons for a decline in the offense.

We had 3 receivers that did 3 different things and gelled great together on the field. Especially braylon, but its been said enough about him on here.
    Of his three favorite we overpay the most expendable.

I think getting Kerley back is going to help. I know Rex called him out, but I think he's the best wr on the roster ATM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    I have a strange feeling that he is going to catch on elsewhere and light it up. Probably a smaller market like Arizona or Seattle.
    Im am quite honestly terrified that this is exactly whats going to happen...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    No offensive line and a revolving door at WR.
    And RT.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im a huge sanchez supporter/believer and even I couldnt believe that video. I dont care about the completions, the amazing thing there was how unafraid of the rush he looked....one throw in particular he got crushed right up the middle.

There is no doubt the beating he took last year, especially the ravens game affected him last year, but I have to say, he didnt look timid against the giants. He did move in the pocket, he jsut had no where to go.

Getting holmes and kerley back will be a big help, but i just dont know how we are going to fix the protection. The post said today the team isnt looking to howard at RT...why not????

I really dont want to see this whole thing (sanchez/rex) fall apart....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    How I long for those days.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post

Idk why more people don't point to Mark losing 2 of his favorite and most reliable targets as one of the reasons for a decline in the offense.

We had 3 receivers that did 3 different things and gelled great together on the field. Especially braylon, but its been said enough about him on here.
    THIS. The not working out Braylon and Cotch is a TANNY FUKK UP that we will never recover from. Braylon however did over value himself.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Im a huge sanchez supporter/believer and even I couldnt believe that video. I dont care about the completions, the amazing thing there was how unafraid of the rush he looked....one throw in particular he got crushed right up the middle.

There is no doubt the beating he took last year, especially the ravens game affected him last year, but I have to say, he didnt look timid against the giants. He did move in the pocket, he jsut had no where to go.

Getting holmes and kerley back will be a big help, but i just dont know how we are going to fix the protection. The post said today the team isnt looking to howard at RT...why not????

I agree with this. If you look at that one sack by JPP, he correctly stepped up in the pocket when Brick got beat by Osi, only to get pummeled by JPP when Hunter lost his balance.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    THIS. The not working out Braylon and Cotch is a TANNY FUKK UP that we will never recover from. Braylon however did over value himself.
    Overvalue himself? Wnating more then a min 1mil 1 year contact? He was our best reciever! We should have split the 10 mil we gave to holmes 5 and 5 between braylon and holmes. Holmes walks to the Redskins, Braylon stays with us.

We'd be a much better team because of it too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Overvalue himself? Wnating more then a min 1mil 1 year contact? He was our best reciever! We should have split the 10 mil we gave to holmes 5 and 5 between braylon and holmes. Holmes walks to the Redskins, Braylon stays with us.

We'd be a much better team because of it too.
    He wanted 25 plus mil and Tanny balked. THEN and only then when he went out in the marketplace did he realize he wasnt worth it. That I believe is how it happened.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    I have a strange feeling that he is going to catch on elsewhere and light it up. Probably a smaller market like Arizona or Seattle.
    Sadly this is 100% going to happen. I am a huge fan of his and know he is good enough to do it but for some reason Jets management is not on the same page. The have made him shell shocked and he probably needs a new start which really bothers me because this sets us back another 5 years and honestly I cant wait that long.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

If we dont not get a decent RT via trade or some veteran that gets cut it will be over. Again I hate to say it but thats that way it looks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    He wanted 25 plus mil and Tanny balked. THEN and only then when he went out in the marketplace did he realize he wasnt worth it. That I believe is how it happened.
    25 mil should have been what we offered him. 25 to Brylon, and 25 to holmes. Braylon was way more important to this offense. The problem was they chose Holmes over Braylon, you can't give 50 million to one receiver who played 10 games for the team, then turn around and offer 2 million to the other.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Im am quite honestly terrified that this is exactly whats going to happen...
    If it happens Woody should be forced to sell the team and everyone from Tanny on down should be shown the door.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    25 mil should have been what we offered him. 25 to Brylon, and 25 to holmes. Braylon was way more important to this offense. The problem was they chose Holmes over Braylon, you can't give 50 million to one receiver who played 10 games for the team, then turn around and offer 2 million to the other.
    Well.... I learned a long time ago, lets worry about what we have in front of us. Ialso do NOT think Holmes would have signed for 25 and Braylon would have been way overpaid. the market has proven he isn't worth 25. But I see your point.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    All that video made me do was make me realize how much I miss Braylon

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    I literally can't remember that last time I saw Sanchez go on a called roll out. Look how comfortable he looks on some of those plays.
    Been saying that forever, amazing that is prob what needs to be done with him as a 6'2" QB, but it just does not seem to happen in the games...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    I literally can't remember that last time I saw Sanchez go on a called roll out. Look how comfortable he looks on some of those plays.
    remember game 1, 2009 against the Texans. he looked great in the design roll outs. Yet here we are...ruin an offense by Rex.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love the brain trust who didnt want Braylon back!!!

Boy do we need him !

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He lost his deep threat and his RT.

/thread

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Only reply this thread needed.