Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look troll we know we need a Right Tackle ... GENIUS

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Look troll we know we need a Right Tackle ... GENIUS

Every time someone suggest a RB, a receiver, or a player from any other position that might be available some rocket scientist comes in saying "can he play right tackle" ... "what we really need is a RT"... WE GET IT. EVERYONE knows we suck at that position and that we need an upgrade there but there's other position players available and there's nothing wrong with suggestion them. Calm down ... we get it.

So let me just say now ... a shifty RB, a proven possession receiver, any guy with potential pass rushing ability especially in 1 on 1's, & punter ... are some other area's we can also look at without getting the RT splattered all over a thread. Its obvious fellas .... no pro team is going to hire you cause you noticed this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So let me just say now ... a shifty RB, a proven possession receiver, any guy with potential pass rushing ability especially in 1 on 1's, & punter ... are some other area's we can also look at without getting the RT splattered all over a thread. Its obvious fellas .... no pro team is going to hire you cause you noticed this.

These were all the problems that we went into the offseason with, so I'm still trying to figure out exactly WTF did the FO do this offseason?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post

These were all the problems that we went into the offseason with, so I'm still trying to figure out exactly WTF did the FO do this offseason?
    TEBOW!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys got spoiled in years past as whenever there was an issue Tanny just renegotiated contracts, pushed money into the future and signed talent. The cap kept going up so it masked the issue.

Well, as the saying goes the chickens came home to roost. There is no money left to borrow from and next off season it is going to be more of the same as the team struggles to hold on to the talent it has assembled.

What sucks for jet fans is that if this new cba was in place 3 years ago Sanchez would be making 4 mill this year and not 16.

Be prepared to have an off season like the pats had this off season signing 8
    bottom level FA and 8 small to mid salary guys and hope you can get 1/2 of them to play.

He found Moore, Slauson, Pouha in the bottom of the barrel, he just needs to do it again.
    Last edited by patman; 08-21-2012 at 07:36 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    pat my back and shut up

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    first, i think the jets need a new scouting dept. that would be a good place to start. then fire tanenbum, hes a #'s cruncher, not a GM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You guys got spoiled in years past as whenever there was an issue Tanny just renegotiated contracts, pushed money into the future and signed talent.
    Exactly.

We had a window and they tried to maximize it. Window is slammed shut now. I wouldn't call it "Cap hell" but we have very little flexibility. There is going to be a lot of overturning of this roster and some beloved Jets will be saying bye-bye.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can't afford any of those things, and none of them matter if we can't block. We need to spend any money we can scratch up on a RT. We don't even know what we have now, unless someone can block for them.
    giantdan is a gianttroll

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love how anyone who says we need a RT is a "troll".

I understand your frustration though. We need a lot of things on offense, including everything you have posted. But when you build a house the most important thing is the foundation. And to an offense the OL is the foundation. Right now our foundation has cracks (Mason was right ). That needs to be repaired first.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Love how anyone who says we need a RT is a "troll".

I understand your frustration though. We need a lot of things on offense, including everything you have posted. But when you build a house the most important thing is the foundation. And to an offense the OL is the foundation. Right now our foundation has cracks (Mason was right ). That needs to be repaired first.
    Get Hunter out start the other guy...we still are 0-0

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    did you really have to make another thread stating the same exact thing!?
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=246555

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    did you really have to make another thread stating the same exact thing!?
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=246555
    I think the point of starting this thread was to say we can discuss other things besides the offensive line. I happen to agree with him. Last thread he started it turned into people mocking him for suggesting that we even discuss the idea of bringing anyone in besides a RT. There are small moves we can make to improve this team, will they be really impactful players? No, but at least they could possibly help shore up other issues on the team. So I welcome any discussion about any portion of the team. The guys who only want to say "Fire Tannenbaum", "We need a RT", "Sanchez Sucks", "I can't believe they guaranteed Bart Scotts contract", "We need WR's", "We need a blocking TE" we get it already. At least there are some people who actually do some research and try to find guys that may help instead of just making a statement and not giving anything else towards their statement. Does it make people feel good to state the obvious? There is nothing we can do about what the front office didn't do in the off-season, move on already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Every time someone suggest a RB, a receiver, or a player from any other position that might be available some rocket scientist comes in saying "can he play right tackle" ... "what we really need is a RT"... WE GET IT. EVERYONE knows we suck at that position and that we need an upgrade there but there's other position players available and there's nothing wrong with suggestion them. Calm down ... we get it.

gfy....really

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Signed two safeties. Drafted more power for the DL and a tall fast WR.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

shifty RB -- we recently drafted two of those in McKnight and Powell, can't sign/draft another one until those guys are given a chance to play.

proven possession WR -- his name's Santonio Holmes. Turner also fits the mold, although he's clearly not proven. we needed a deep threat badly, hence Hill and Schillens. also drafted White to strengthen the slot position.

1-on-1 pass rusher -- drafted Quinton Coples, will increase Maybin's role.

Safety -- another problem area last year so we signed two veterans and drafted two guys to groom.

the only weaknesses from last year that haven't been addressed in some way are Punter and RT. the latter being the most glaring hole on the team right now i think it's all too valid if people choose to focus on the problem at RT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't it be wise to Hire Hunter to sell
    tickets ? who knows more about getting
    fans through the gates ?

I'm pretty sure he was at my
    gate the last time I went to a game.

and his back up was right next to him,
    turnstyle one and two...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    shifty RB -- we recently drafted two of those in McKnight and Powell, can't sign/draft another one until those guys are given a chance to play.

proven possession WR -- his name's Santonio Holmes. Turner also fits the mold, although he's clearly not proven. we needed a deep threat badly, hence Hill and Schillens. also drafted White to strengthen the slot position.

1-on-1 pass rusher -- drafted Quinton Coples, will increase Maybin's role.

Safety -- another problem area last year so we signed two veterans and drafted two guys to groom.

the only weaknesses from last year that haven't been addressed in some way are Punter and RT. the latter being the most glaring hole on the team right now i think it's all too valid if people choose to focus on the problem at RT.
    schillens won't play a down, and hill caught 50 balls in college, he is a big WIP. We have no deep threat

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

So no pro team should hire Tanny and Rex? Cause they didn't notice it.

Just like they did not notice our safeties were utter garbage before last year when the whole forum was calling for better safeties.

Just like they did notice that the team had no deep threat once they dumped Edwards despite half the forum telling them so.

No one should ever pull out the pro team or front office card when it's been proven time and again that though some fans are dumb asses, the truth is a lot of them are not and actually make better observations about weak spots because they are not too close to those involved.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Could a Right Tackle have posted this?

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    So no pro team should hire Tanny and Rex? Cause they didn't notice it.

Just like they did not notice our safeties were utter garbage before last year when the whole forum was calling for better safeties.

Just like they did notice that the team had no deep threat once they dumped Edwards despite half the forum telling them so.

No one should ever pull out the pro team or front office card when it's been proven time and again that though some fans are dumb asses, the truth is a lot of them are not and actually make better observations about weak spots because they are not too close to those involved.
    Knowing that you have a need is not the same thing as trying to fill that need. It's a lot easier to sit behind a desk in your underwear and talk about the issues on the team then it is to actually try to fix the team. I think they went into the off-season with a very limited amount of money compared to the majority of the teams in this league knowing they could only improve a certain number of spots through free agency. My opinion is that they believed that improving the safety play and improving the defense as a whole would help them win more games then bringing Winston in and leaving a hole in the back end of the defense. With a top 5 defense the offense just has to be mediocre, with a defense in the middle of the pack the offense would have to be much better, and adding a RT wouldn't have made that much of a difference in making this offense top 10 in the league.

For me, knowing that we most likely will have a top 5 defense at least gives me hope. The team would be a lot worse overall if we signed a RT rather then the 2 safeties.