Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Mark Sanchez - Zero Accuracy, No Pocket Awareness and Playing Scared

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,514

    Mark Sanchez - Zero Accuracy, No Pocket Awareness and Playing Scared

    Seriosly guys. If you cant see that from all these plays against the Giants you must be blind!!! He hasn't made ANY improvments since his rookie year!!

    Personally, I think it was the Ravens game. Never been the same since.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL9eSGKvNAQ


    Look at his EYES....deer in the headlights OMG our season is totally ruined we will DEFINATELY never score a touchdown in the regular season EVAR!!

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,850
    There is a "U" in seriously.

  3. #3
    I thought he played good considering what he had to work with.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,679
    No O Line or WRs ....

  5. #5
    Evar? Really?

    I agree, it is as though Mark has regressed, seems like his testes have shrunk over the years. Baltimore game possible, but this has gone on forever basically. I still say he played fair to ok except for the ridiculous pick 6 throw Saturday night. Problem is he throws one of these every game and that leads to losing games.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,851
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Evar? Really?
    Pretty sure that's how he's cluing us in that his entire post was sarcastic.

    I agree with the OP. I don't think things are as dire as the majority of the people here think....

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    I'll say it again, I don't think any of us have a clue as to what this offense will look like once the games start to count.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,657
    Mark has improved on his accuracy each year. Those are the facts. He will reach 60% this year if his line gives him the time. Very similar to Eli

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    I'll say it again, I don't think any of us have a clue as to what this offense will look like once the games start to count.
    I think that's a lot of wishful thinking. While we might not know what the Tebow package is, how effective do you truly expect it to be?

    My guess is it will help on 3rd and 4th and 1 or 2...but other than that it's going to be up to Sanchez to move the ball down the field and make big plays. Big plays is the name of the game in the NFL - long sustained drives are very difficult in this league...

  10. #10
    Love edits like that.

    I'll be honest, that clip really changed my perception of the offensive performance that day. I didn't see the "deer in the headlights." What I did see was:

    - With the exception of the pick-6, when Sanchez had time he delivered an accurate ball. Mechanics were on point for all of those completions. If Turner doesn't drop a perfectly-thrown ball in his hands, Sanchez is 100% before the pick-6.
    - If not for penalties and sacks, it's probably 6-3 at the half or possibly 7-6 Jets. That would have definitely lightened the mood here.
    - Run game definitely showed some punch. Interior blocking was solid.

    - The tackles on this team are either terrible or not playing well. Brick missed more than just the block on Osi that night...he's been very disappointing.
    - Neither Cumberland nor Keller get ANY push in the run game. That could be a problem.

    Thanks for posting this - I actually feel a little better about the offense after that!

  11. #11
    He was accurate in the game. 9 for 11 I think with a drop. He'll be fine if he gets protection. He's not the problem.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,514
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Pretty sure that's how he's cluing us in that his entire post was sarcastic.

    I agree with the OP. I don't think things are as dire as the majority of the people here think....

    THIS...the gross overreaction to 3 quarters of preseason football have made this board intolerable. Just trying to use actual game footage to show that the loudest posters are most always the least knowledgable posters.

    Yes, that INT was horrible but every QB will have a couple of passes every game that he wants back. It wasn't a bad decision, it wasn't a bad read, Sanchez put the ball about 6 inches too far behind Turner. If it wasn't for all the pick 6's last year, that pass would be an after thought.

    I suppose most posters feel that pitchers in the MLB can throw strikes on every pitch?

    I would rather have an INT on a bad pass (mechanically speaking) than the chuck up pass Eli threw or a misread in coverage.
    Last edited by JetFreak89; 08-21-2012 at 09:41 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Pretty sure that's how he's cluing us in that his entire post was sarcastic.

    I agree with the OP. I don't think things are as dire as the majority of the people here think....
    There's not a lot of time remaining to get it right before the regular season. But I do agree that some fans may be overreacting. Can't wait for the season proper to start then Jets can start unveiling the full weaponry esp the D for me

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    Seriosly guys. If you cant see that from all these plays against the Giants you must be blind!!! He hasn't made ANY improvments since his rookie year!!

    Personally, I think it was the Ravens game. Never been the same since.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL9eSGKvNAQ


    Look at his EYES....deer in the headlights OMG our season is totally ruined we will DEFINATELY never score a touchdown in the regular season EVAR!!
    I think I'll add on to the grammar/spellcheck responses...

    1. DEFINATELY should be DEFINITELY
    2. Need a period followed by caps after headlights and ruined

  15. #15
    Oh great, another overreaction and overanalysis and panic thread...

    Guess what, when pass protection breaks down, ALL QB's, EVEN THE GREAT QB's will have little accuracy, no pocket to play in, much less awareness, and will all pretty much be running for their lives. This thread isn't telling us anything we don't already know about ANY QB, not just Sanchez.

    Look, the offense is new, the team is installing a new system, new coaches, new philosophies. The offense is out of sync, communication breakdowns, new schemes, new blocking patterns. The OL is the most vital unit on the team and communication and synergy is essential, and it is also the most difficult part of installing a new offense. It doesn't help when players are out hurt, and missing time in camp. It's pretty difficult for our QB's to play without talent at WR in the passing game, there have been only 2 pre-season games.

    I mean isn't this what the pre-season is for, for teams to evaluate talent, players, and install their systems and philosophies for the season?

    There are FAR too many people, fans and the dumbasses on the radio talk shows that are panicking too early, we need to be a little patient and let the team work through some of the issues, and for some of the players, like our top 3 WR's, and our starting RT, at least for now, get healthy, and on the damn field.

    We need to understand the team will have some growing pains while they work through these issues, all teams go through them.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-21-2012 at 10:00 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    THIS...the gross overreaction to 3 quarters of preseason football have made this board intolerable. Just trying to use actual game footage to show that the loudest posters are most always the least knowledgable posters.

    Yes, that INT was horrible but every QB will have a couple of passes every game that he wants back. It wasn't a bad decision, it wasn't a bad read, Sanchez put the ball about 6 inches too far behind Turner. If it wasn't for all the pick 6's last year, that pass would be an after thought.

    I suppose most posters feel that pitchers in the MLB can throw strikes on every pitch?

    I would rather have an INT on a bad pass (mechanically speaking) than the chuck up pass Eli threw or a misread in coverage.
    Agreed there's too many whiners bellyaching and complaining to the heavens it's hard to keep things in perspective.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    THIS...the gross overreaction to 3 quarters of preseason football have made this board intolerable. Just trying to use actual game footage to show that the loudest posters are most always the least knowledgable posters.

    Yes, that INT was horrible but every QB will have a couple of passes every game that he wants back. It wasn't a bad decision, it wasn't a bad read, Sanchez put the ball about 6 inches too far behind Turner. If it wasn't for all the pick 6's last year, that pass would be an after thought.

    I suppose most posters feel that pitchers in the MLB can throw strikes on every pitch?

    I would rather have an INT on a bad pass (mechanically speaking) than the chuck up pass Eli threw or a misread in coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Oh great, another overreaction and overanalysis and panic thread...

    Guess what, when pass protection breaks down, ALL QB's, EVEN THE GREAT QB's will have little accuracy, no pocket to play in, much less awareness, and will all pretty much be running for their lives. This thread isn't telling us anything we don't already know about ANY QB, not just Sanchez.

    Look, the offense is new, the team is installing a new system, new coaches, new philosophies. The offense is out of sync, communication breakdowns, new schemes, new blocking patterns. The OL is the most vital unit on the team and communication and synergy is essential, and it is also the most difficult part of installing a new offense. It doesn't help when players are out hurt, and missing time in camp. It's pretty difficult for our QB's to play without talent at WR in the passing game, there have been only 2 pre-season games. There are FAR too many people, fans and the dumbasses on the radio talk shows that are panicking too early, we need to be a little patient and let the team work through some of the issues, and for some of the players, like our top 3 WR's, and our starting RT, at least for now, get healthy, and on the damn field.

    We need to understand the team will have some growing pains while they work through these issues, all teams go through them.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    THIS...the gross overreaction to 3 quarters of preseason football have made this board intolerable. Just trying to use actual game footage to show that the loudest posters are most always the least knowledgable posters.

    Yes, that INT was horrible but every QB will have a couple of passes every game that he wants back. It wasn't a bad decision, it wasn't a bad read, Sanchez put the ball about 6 inches too far behind Turner. If it wasn't for all the pick 6's last year, that pass would be an after thought.

    I suppose most posters feel that pitchers in the MLB can throw strikes on every pitch?

    I would rather have an INT on a bad pass (mechanically speaking) than the chuck up pass Eli threw or a misread in coverage.


    What is funny is how very average if not below average Eli Manning looked the other night, yet nobody is talking about that. Peyton Manning looked like crap too, threw a pick 6, and another INT. Brady and many of the Pats starters didn't even play last night after looking like complete crap in their first game as they have OL issues of their own.

    Only the Jets have problems and it's all over ESPN... Meanwhile it seems like half of the fan base and talk radio are about ready to jump off a bridge.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-21-2012 at 09:52 AM.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,488
    lol at rayray

    right over his head.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Oh great, another overreaction and overanalysis and panic thread...

    Guess what, when pass protection breaks down, ALL QB's, EVEN THE GREAT QB's will have little accuracy, no pocket to play in, much less awareness, and will all pretty much be running for their lives. This thread isn't telling us anything we don't already know about ANY QB, not just Sanchez.

    Look, the offense is new, the team is installing a new system, new coaches, new philosophies. The offense is out of sync, communication breakdowns, new schemes, new blocking patterns. The OL is the most vital unit on the team and communication and synergy is essential, and it is also the most difficult part of installing a new offense. It doesn't help when players are out hurt, and missing time in camp. It's pretty difficult for our QB's to play without talent at WR in the passing game, there have been only 2 pre-season games. There are FAR too many people, fans and the dumbasses on the radio talk shows that are panicking too early, we need to be a little patient and let the team work through some of the issues, and for some of the players, like our top 3 WR's, and our starting RT, at least for now, get healthy, and on the damn field.

    We need to understand the team will have some growing pains while they work through these issues, all teams go through them.
    What growing pains. These players have been making the same mistakes for over a full season. and this pre season. They changed from Shotty to sporano and they are still making the same mistakes. The only conclusion that one can make is the players just suck.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us