Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark Sanchez - Zero Accuracy, No Pocket Awareness and Playing Scared

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    lol at rayray

right over his head.
    exactly..and over the head of a few others in this thread..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does Ray need to defend everything Jet?

Even Pats fans understand their RT is inadequate and their LT needs alot of improvement to make the OL decent.

Take off the green goggles.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    THIS...the gross overreaction to 3 quarters of preseason football have made this board intolerable. Just trying to use actual game footage to show that the loudest posters are most always the least knowledgable posters.

Yes, that INT was horrible but every QB will have a couple of passes every game that he wants back. It wasn't a bad decision, it wasn't a bad read, Sanchez put the ball about 6 inches too far behind Turner. If it wasn't for all the pick 6's last year, that pass would be an after thought.

I suppose most posters feel that pitchers in the MLB can throw strikes on every pitch?

I would rather have an INT on a bad pass (mechanically speaking) than the chuck up pass Eli threw or a misread in coverage.
    Too many pick 6's thrown by him... and one in a preseason game shows there is still a long way to go...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    What growing pains. These players have been making the same mistakes for over a full season. and this pre season. They changed from Shotty to sporano and they are still making the same mistakes. The only conclusion that one can make is the players just suck.
    It's a new offense, there is no extension to last season, it's a new damn system.

And what mistakes? Other than Hunter, who had a rough night, what mistakes are the same? How is any of it the same with a new offense, new system, and new players, and players missing?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I think that's a lot of wishful thinking. While we might not know what the Tebow package is, how effective do you truly expect it to be?

My guess is it will help on 3rd and 4th and 1 or 2...but other than that it's going to be up to Sanchez to move the ball down the field and make big plays. Big plays is the name of the game in the NFL - long sustained drives are very difficult in this league...
    You're kidding right? Everything has been running between the tackles, slants and dump-offs. No chunk plays, wildcat, jumbo packages, reverses, designed screens, etc... Do you honestly think this is what the offense/playcalling will look like when then system is completely installed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Why does Ray need to defend everything Jet?

Even Pats fans understand their RT is inadequate and their LT needs alot of improvement to make the OL decent.

Take off the green goggles.
    STFU troll

I'm not defending anything

I'm not saying the Jets don't have issues, it's not even close.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again, people are not worried about the starting Qb 'because of 3 quarters of ex games.' This is simply not the case. People are worried because of the fact he is the same looking Qb as he has been the last few years. There appears to be no real improvement in his overall game.

His accuracy may be up a bit but his ypc is down.
    He can't be blamed when hunter whiffs and the dlineman has a free run but he can be blamed when he actually has a pocket but bails out because he is feeling false pressure.
    He can't be blamed when a WR drops a pass but he can be blamed when he has time, has the player and then makes a terrible throw.

All of the faults of the offense were supposed to be due to shotty according to a number of people. The offense looks little different and the Qb play looks little different.

There is a very legit reason to be very worried about the QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it is a fare assessment and I am not a big Sanchez supporter. His accuracy is pretty good. That one pass to Cumby proves that. I don't think he is scared at all in the pocket. His awareness and field vision I have always been concerned with. It is not scared he just flat out doesn't trust himself or his WRs. He tends to lock on his man up front and just not look at anyone else for way too long. Then when he does throw it is usually to the closest option to him not necessarily the best option. I keep looking at that Conner play and think that was our best play but the Giants had blown coverage all over. Greene was in perfect spot with a blocker and the Giants never manned up on Keller. He throws it to the slowest guy on the field who was just the closest man to him. The INT was just ugly. This is the year he just has no excuses left IMO. Produce good #s or get replaced.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with jetfreak if we had some decent play from the rt i think with some healthy recievers we can have a good offense they just need to give Mark some time

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    people need one of these, including the mod who dumped this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggXmKPMaHMo

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    His accuracy may be up a bit but his ypc is down.
    Up 20% (short sample obviously) is not just a bit, and I imagine throwing to the 4 and 5 WR has something to do with the YPC.

He can't be blamed when hunter whiffs and the dlineman has a free run but he can be blamed when he actually has a pocket but bails out because he is feeling false pressure.
    I actually didn't see much of this. I saw him stepping up a lot because of REAL pressure, but what I didn't see was him "bailing out." I saw him taking a ton of hits and pressure but never leaving the pocket. A lot of that is probably because of the playcalls, no bootlegs or anything called.

He can't be blamed when a WR drops a pass but he can be blamed when he has time, has the player and then makes a terrible throw.
    1 throw was terrible. 1. Every other throw was actually very, very strong.

There is a very legit reason to be very worried about the QB.
    I think you mean offense, since its an entire unit that you can see sucking in those clips. Sanchez is not the problem up there, honestly. He might be once the season starts, but in those clips, he's not.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    From watching I saw, checkdown, checkdown, checkdown, no pocket presense. Greene was running well for us. Connor should NEVER get to carry the ball.

Sanchez will be a backup in a couple years and never start in the NFL again. Mark it down.