Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: My Personal Thought on the Offensive Woes!!

  1. #1
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    My Personal Thought on the Offensive Woes!!

    Guys,

    I am a diehard reader of the forums here, but I decided to post something. I know that our offense is anything but explosive, but have you thought that maybe we are holding back some on offense. We haven't shown anything thru our Wildcat formation, which is a major part of our offense this year. Remember how hush hush they were about it during practice sessions. I feel like we are just playing a vanilla offense (sprinkles or no sprinkles....i would prefer they show some nuts with this offense) and just holding back for the regular season.

    I hate Tebow (I am from Miami and hate the Gaytors) but he is great in that Wildcat formation. I feel like we should just give it time and see how the season goes.

    Go Jets!!! Jets 4 life!!!

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting!

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, so the jets are purposely not trying to score points on offense and look like one of the worst offenses in modern day football. pure genius!!

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what some people want to believe but that doesn't solve the problem at RT or with the OL in general.

    What percentage of the time are they going to run the Wildcat? There comes a point where if it's run too much, it becomes more ineffective.

    I appreciate the optimism but what we're seeing goes well beyond the "vanilla" explanation.

  5. #5
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    hmmm, so the jets are purposely not trying to score points on offense and look like one of the worst offenses in modern day football. pure genius!!
    Besides going down the path of "were just abysmal" there's not much left besides that

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets have given up 7 sacks in two games. If they don't add some sprinkles, they're starters are going to be injured before the regular season.

    Not buying the vanilla theory. You play to win the game.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen88 View Post
    Guys,

    I am a diehard reader of the forums here, but I decided to post something. I know that our offense is anything but explosive, but have you thought that maybe we are holding back some on offense. We haven't shown anything thru our Wildcat formation, which is a major part of our offense this year. Remember how hush hush they were about it during practice sessions. I feel like we are just playing a vanilla offense (sprinkles or no sprinkles....i would prefer they show some nuts with this offense) and just holding back for the regular season.

    I hate Tebow (I am from Miami and hate the Gaytors) but he is great in that Wildcat formation. I feel like we should just give it time and see how the season goes.

    Go Jets!!! Jets 4 life!!!
    Well yes they are not going to show much that is true. The game was only 2 quarters, and the RT tackle spot is a serious issue even if they were going up against the best front 4, and the Jets were missing receivers. The only positive is that the D held to 6, and the their O did not score. The Carolina game will be real interesting.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Jets are going to have a Vanilla offense even when reg season starts. The only non vanilla thing we will have is the wildcat.

  9. #9
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    This is what some people want to believe but that doesn't solve the problem at RT or with the OL in general.

    What percentage of the time are they going to run the Wildcat? There comes a point where if it's run too much, it becomes more ineffective.

    I appreciate the optimism but what we're seeing goes well beyond the "vanilla" explanation.
    Yes, you're right about the RT and OL problems. You have a point. I was just trying to be positive since I am about to lose my sh$t with this team.

    Go Jets!

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't you hear?

    it's a RT league.

    the success and failure of every team depends on their right tackle.

    that's why these players make so much more money than everyone else.

    Quarterbacks are interchangeable. Tom Brady who? It's right tackles that matter. Sebastian Vollmer that's the real star of that team. Right tackles, all day every day, that's what the league is all about.

    that and offensive coordinators.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry fellow Jet fans , I think we should just come to the conclusion that what we have as an offense isn't vanilla and is just plain low fat sugar less yogurt . It isn't going to get any better.

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    484
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem I see is they are playing a vanilla offense and are incapable
    of executing the basics properly. Thats a major problem.

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only problem on offense is we can't score any points. To combat this we need to shut out our opponents. If our defense can get a safety, we win!

    Problem solved...

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    The only problem on offense is we can't score any points. To combat this we need to shut out our opponents. If our defense can get a safety, we win!

    Problem solved...
    good theory except this mongoloid offense actually scores points for the other team with the pick-sixes.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you see Miami play the last 4 years? well that is pretty much what your going to get. Heavy on the run, crossing slants, and some vertical to clear out underneath stuff. The only diff is the Tebow factor and what role that is.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, so the jets are purposely not trying to score points on offense and look like one of the worst offenses in modern day football. pure genius!!


    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Didn't you hear?

    it's a RT league.

    the success and failure of every team depends on their right tackle.

    that's why these players make so much more money than everyone else.

    Quarterbacks are interchangeable. Tom Brady who? It's right tackles that matter. Sebastian Vollmer that's the real star of that team. Right tackles, all day every day, that's what the league is all about.

    that and offensive coordinators.
    Why the sarcasm? Guy points out that we haven't shown anything on offense and posters have jump in with stupid comments. Personally I agree with the OP. It's not that we aren't trying to score points we are just trying to win the man to man battles, implement a new offense, and evaluate players. No it's not a RT league but do you honestly think that Hunter's play had no effect on the O's production? I understand the commentary on opinions that you guys don't agree with, but does it have to be so snarky? If you have a differing opinion that's fine, state it, but this demeaning, sarcastic tone reeks of arrogance.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    24,930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Didn't you hear?

    it's a RT league.

    the success and failure of every team depends on their right tackle.

    that's why these players make so much more money than everyone else.

    Quarterbacks are interchangeable. Tom Brady who? It's right tackles that matter. Sebastian Vollmer that's the real star of that team. Right tackles, all day every day, that's what the league is all about.

    that and offensive coordinators.
    Mallett had plenty of time in the pocket last night with the patriots missing 3/5ths of their OL from last season's super bowl team.

    There comes a time when you have to look at the OL and stop blaming the QB, which you obviously like to do.

    The Dolphins had a terrible OL last season. Gave up 52 sacks. Guess who their OL coach was?

    Dave DeGuglielmo.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone in the "vanilla offense... holding back... focusing on the man-to-man battles" crowd explain in simple terms for the rest of us why this holds true for every single team in the NFL, yet they are all able to produce results (in the form of first downs/points) as a byproduct, but the Jets can't?

    Thanks in advance.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Can someone in the "vanilla offense... holding back... focusing on the man-to-man battles" crowd explain in simple terms for the rest of us why this holds true for every single team in the NFL, yet they are all able to produce results (in the form of first downs/points) as a byproduct, but the Jets can't?

    Thanks in advance.
    That is a serious concern, but doesn't change the facts. Sparano suggested technique and missed assignments. I think we can add what he won't say, inadequate personnel in certain positions. Good game planning can hide some of that, or at least make it less glaring. The return of some WRs will help. RT is the one place where there seems to be little hope.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us