Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Practice at Met Life tonight 8/21

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Could you please stop spamming random threads with this nonsense?

Am I the only one whose mental image of Cop is Angry Jeremy Lin from his signature?
    Cop has become an incessant an unreadable whining chicken little and it is pathetic...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    At some point it doesn't matter what the reason is ... Sanchez needs to get the job done. No time to throw ? ... Find another way to move the ball, or find someone who can.
    You can't be serious with this answer

Someone who went to actually watch the practice tells you it is not Sanchez's fault and you respond with this!!!

Ok so how is it Sanchez's fault if WRs are dropping passes since that is what was just reported to you

Good Grief

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    You can't be serious with this answer

Someone who went to actually watch the practice tells you it is not Sanchez's fault and you respond with this!!!

Ok so how is it Sanchez's fault if WRs are dropping passes since that is what was just reported to you

Good Grief
    LOL amazing isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Cop has become an incessant an unreadable whining chicken little and it is pathetic...
    All due respect Ray, you're like Bizarro Cop; it's always sunny in [wherever Ray lives]

Hall Of Fame

At some point it doesn't matter what the reason is ... Sanchez needs to get the job done. No time to throw ? ... Find another way to move the ball, or find someone who can.
    Really? This is just so ridiculous, I dont know what to say.

So a poster ACTUALLY GIVES GOOD INFORMATION and all you can do is turn it into another sanchez bashing statement. He clearly said, sanchez threw the ball well, but the line wasnt giving him time, it doesnt get more simple.

Sanchez cant block and throw, not sure what else you guys need to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    So I went to the Family night practice last night. Just some observations:
    • It is not Mark Sanchez's fault. During practice drills receivers were running into the endzone with no defenders and they were dropping the ball. You could see the apparent frustration on Mark's face as he turned to Sporano
    • Throwing the deep ball is not the issue, offensive line giving enough time to the QB to throw the ball is the issue. Both Sanchez and Tebow completed long passes to the receivers in this drill but the QB would have already been sacked.
    • DeMario Davis is fun to watch. His speed on the blitz package up the middle is going to be a staple in our defense for years to come.
    • Rookie Safty's Antonio Allen and Josh Bush do a nice job finishing play's. If the receiver catches the ball they go for a strip.
    • More playaction passes were practiced than seen in the preseason games and both Mark and Dustin Keller benefited from this. Keller made the play's we are all expecting him to make this year.
    • Billel Powell is really showing nice hands and looks to be taking the 3rd down spot from McKnight.
    • Stephen Hill gets tutoring lesson's from Mark on route running and were he needs to look for the ball
    • Best event of the evening came when the QB's were throwing fade passes in a garbage cam in the back corner of the endzone. Tebow won with the only pass to go into the garbage can.
    Great update, thanks.

The NY Post said this morning that Hill and cumberland dropped "multiple balls" is that correct or did they each drop 1 making it "multiple"? I ask because apparently hill had some issues in college with drops and has dropped a couple already in the presseaon.

As for allen....I can see our dime package with Revis, Cro, wilson, lancaster, allen and landry. With demario and a front 4 of coples, wilk, maybin and ellis. Pretty strong group IMO

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

So I went to the Family night practice last night. Just some observations:
    • It is not Mark Sanchez's fault. During practice drills receivers were running into the endzone with no defenders and they were dropping the ball. You could see the apparent frustration on Mark's face as he turned to Sporano
    • Throwing the deep ball is not the issue, offensive line giving enough time to the QB to throw the ball is the issue. Both Sanchez and Tebow completed long passes to the receivers in this drill but the QB would have already been sacked.
    • DeMario Davis is fun to watch. His speed on the blitz package up the middle is going to be a staple in our defense for years to come.
    • Rookie Safty's Antonio Allen and Josh Bush do a nice job finishing play's. If the receiver catches the ball they go for a strip.
    • More playaction passes were practiced than seen in the preseason games and both Mark and Dustin Keller benefited from this. Keller made the play's we are all expecting him to make this year.
    • Billel Powell is really showing nice hands and looks to be taking the 3rd down spot from McKnight.
    • Stephen Hill gets tutoring lesson's from Mark on route running and were he needs to look for the ball
    • Best event of the evening came when the QB's were throwing fade passes in a garbage cam in the back corner of the endzone. Tebow won with the only pass to go into the garbage can.
    thanks for the post

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    All due respect Ray, you're like Bizarro Cop; it's always sunny in [wherever Ray lives]
    Nonsense. Just because I don't partake in the doom and gloom hysteria around here doesn't mean I don't see both sides of the fence.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

From today's NY Daily News:

"A Jets “attack” that set offensive football back decades in the first two exhibition games didn’t look any better during last night’s open practice at MetLife Stadium.

Mark Sanchez threw a sideline pick-six interception to safety Yeremiah Bell in team drills, rookie wideout Stephen Hill and tight end Jeff Cumberland dropped multiple passes and the starting unit failed to get past midfield during the two-minute drill.

And the second-team offense led by Tim Tebow played so poorly that coach Rex Ryan singled it out for criticism."

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Nonsense. Just because I don't partake in the doom and gloom hysteria around here doesn't mean I don't see both sides of the fence.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Really? This is just so ridiculous, I dont know what to say.

So a poster ACTUALLY GIVES GOOD INFORMATION and all you can do is turn it into another sanchez bashing statement. He clearly said, sanchez threw the ball well, but the line wasnt giving him time, it doesnt get more simple.

Sanchez cant block and throw, not sure what else you guys need to hear.
    My point was simple ... and evidently you all missed it ... i will repeat it.

At some point it does not matter what the reason is for his ineffectiveness. If he does not have time to throw ... he needs to find another way to move the ball. It is as simple as that. It may not be his fault ... but it is his (and Sparano's) problem. If he is a sitting duck behind a swiss cheese line ... and is completely innefective because of this ... does it not make more sense to start Tebow ... who MAY have more success due to his ability to run the option ?

If Mark (who is the better pure passer) cannot play behind the current line ... it does not matter what the reason is .. we need a solution .... THAT WAS MY FREAKING POINT.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    From today's NY Daily News:

"A Jets “attack” that set offensive football back decades in the first two exhibition games didn’t look any better during last night’s open practice at MetLife Stadium.

Mark Sanchez threw a sideline pick-six interception to safety Yeremiah Bell in team drills, rookie wideout Stephen Hill and tight end Jeff Cumberland dropped multiple passes and the starting unit failed to get past midfield during the two-minute drill.

And the second-team offense led by Tim Tebow played so poorly that coach Rex Ryan singled it out for criticism."

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

DeMario Davis is fun to watch. His speed on the blitz package up the middle is going to be a staple in our defense for years to come.
    Great to hear, looks like this kid was a great third round pick up.

Ray are you really calling another poster incessant and unreadable?

Your name calling and lashing out is getting very tiresome too.

You dont get to decide what others post and how they percieve this team, believe it or not....so please knock it off.

-

Funny, my concerns with this team have been pretty consistent throughout the off season. I believe we are about to approach another wasted season, that could have been avoided if the team simply stayed the course of building a traditional, good, football team. Instead, the owner pursued Tebow and the back page.

Maybe you have more patience and 40 plus years is an acceptable time to wait for a championship?

Searching for a starting RT two weeks before the season seems to be unacceptable and pathetic from a whining chicken little FO who would rather peruse the back page than build a championship.
    Last edited by copernicus; 08-22-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    thanks for the post
    Our defence looks to be plain NASTY this season. The Jets will need them to carry the can for while till the O grinds out of its apparent inertia. Still I think the Jets will be much improved with Holmes back and not having to go vanilla. They may well have to lean on the Wildcat (gasp) for some jailbreaks if the conventional O stalls. I really hope that the RT situation gets sorted out soon, or we find out that it's not as bad as bellyached (gasp again)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Funny, my concerns with this team have been pretty consistent throughout the off season. I believe we are about to approach another wasted season, that could have been avoided if the team simply stayed the course of building a traditional, good, football team. Instead, the owner pursued Tebow and the back page.

Maybe you have more patience and 40 plus years is an acceptable time to wait for a championship?

Searching for a starting RT two weeks before the season seems to be unacceptable and pathetic from a whining chicken little FO who would rather peruse the back page than build a championship.
    To those for whom the world is universally sunny, the act of even carrying an umbrella is an offense to their world view.

The fact that we happen to live in a climate that has historically been like a tropical rain forest is neither here nor there, and...

The "Chicken Little" label induces a reaction and he knows that. So he is going to continue to use it. Him and sg3 and Jet Nut and DWC and all the other intellectual "heavyweights" of their ilk.
    Last edited by EM31; 08-22-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post

+1

Practice Squad
    My point was simple ... and evidently you all missed it ... i will repeat it.

At some point it does not matter what the reason is for his ineffectiveness. If he does not have time to throw ... he needs to find another way to move the ball. It is as simple as that. It may not be his fault ... but it is his (and Sparano's) problem. If he is a sitting duck behind a swiss cheese line ... and is completely innefective because of this ... does it not make more sense to start Tebow ... who MAY have more success due to his ability to run the option ?

If Mark (who is the better pure passer) cannot play behind the current line ... it does not matter what the reason is .. we need a solution .... THAT WAS MY FREAKING POINT.
    I couldnt agree more. Last year we blamed Schotty. Bradford looked good last week. This year we are blaming Hunter. Dont get me wrong, Hunter is terrible, but if Brady/Brees/Manning x2/Rodgers/Newton etc, were back there the job would be getting done. We dont hear about their offensive lines. I understand those are elite qb's minus Newton for now.

At what point do we say, you know what, its not working out with Sanchez. I agree, he doesnt have time to throw the ball right now, but when he does, he still is making mistakes. On his pick 6 to Hosley the other night, he wasnt pressured at all, same play like in Denver last year that cost us the game. If you have no time, there isnt much to do, but you better not throw pick 6's when you do have time.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    thanks for the post
    That is very Copernicus v.2010 of you.