Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mark sanchez apologist excuses

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by glowing green View Post
    can you please sir in all fairness tell me why he is OUR qb of the future, what he has shown that leads you to beliebe he is a title winner?
    He got us to the 2 aforementioned AFCCGs. You mention Eli but if you bothered to compare their stats from the first 3 years you would see they are very similar. Jets fans expect too much. They want the next Marino, Peyton or Brady. Well so does every other team. Those guys come along once in a blue moon. Sanchez has the tools. He just needs the time to develop and something to work with. Even the Bradys, Mannings and Marinos could not win when they were running for their lives or lying on the turf. Your expectations of what Sanchez should be right now are not realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    He got us to the 2 aforementioned AFCCGs. You mention Eli but if you bothered to compare their stats from the first 3 years you would see they are very similar. Jets fans expect too much. They want the next Marino, Peyton or Brady. Well so does every other team. Those guys come along once in a blue moon. Sanchez has the tools. He just needs the time to develop and something to work with. Even the Bradys, Mannings and Marinos could not win when they were running for their lives or lying on the turf. Your expectations of what Sanchez should be right now are not realistic.
    sanchez is an average nfl qb. he's not elite and doesn't suck. how quickly people forget that he accounted for 32 tds last year, a nyj franchise record - with hunter, no deep threat, santonio rebelling and a very predictable, conservative offense. yet so many are willing to kick him to the curb b/c he's not as good as eli or brady, who have combined for 5 super bowl wins. i watch sanchez and recognize the deficiencies, but geez, the guy puts up points when he's allowed to air it out.

the turnovers, he's always gonna turn it over. but he'll score too. 32 tds is good enough to keep them in a lot of games, and if they really let him go i think he could get 35 tds.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Pete this is why i try to not get suckered into posting. You give all the reasoning, proof and stats and then you get a response with "yeah he sucks"

I agree Sanchez needs to be better but it is not all on him the entire offense needs to be better. You can't make the throw running around the pocket every down. Why is no one getting on Shonn Greene for no big gains, why is no one getting on Turner dropping a few passes. It is easy to get on the QB.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    sanchez is an average nfl qb. he's not elite and doesn't suck. how quickly people forget that he accounted for 32 tds last year, a nyj franchise record - with hunter, no deep threat, santonio rebelling and a very predictable, conservative offense. yet so many are willing to kick him to the curb b/c he's not as good as eli or brady, who have combined for 5 super bowl wins. i watch sanchez and recognize the deficiencies, but geez, the guy puts up points when he's allowed to air it out.

the turnovers, he's always gonna turn it over. but he'll score too. 32 tds is good enough to keep them in a lot of games, and if they really let him go i think he could get 35 tds.
    Good post and I agree he will never be elite. But he may not have to be elite if he had a better supporting cast.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    great first post

welcome back dbake?
    no, but another previously banned poster

dump

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by glowing green View Post
    come on, man.......
    eli has two rings, number one, and i have thrown in the towel because i have seen every jets game the past 3+ years.

I JUST WANT TO WIN! CAN'T WE WIN 1 TITLE! I JUST WANT 1 TROPHY!!!!!!
    Not in his first three years, he doesn't.

People were calling for Eli's head, too. Now those people wouldn't admit that.

And, Eli's pedigree is a stupid qualifier for elite status.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    If Mark Sanchez' dad was a Pro Bowl QB and his brother was a league MVP QB we could compare him to Eli manning.

as it stands he's a player who needs 5 seconds to make a throw when the league will only give him 3.

and we blame the OL, the coaches, the general manager, the wide outs, the tight ends, the owner, captain jet, fireman ed and the guy who sells the pretzels in a shopping cart after the game.

It's Mark's fault. It's always been Mark's fault. Get the ball out of there!
    Well, he's not even getting 3 seconds half the time. Why don't we make it 2 seconds. He was fine in the Giants game. He completed over 80% of his passes that game. A QB could average 4 yards per pass attempt - dink and dunk all night - and still move the chains if he completes over 80% of his passes. And he WAS moving the chains also but we couldn't covert 3rd and 1 and then 4th and 1 running the ball. (I suspect Rex called those two plays. Stay away from the offense, Rex!!!!!) Throw in Patrick Turner dropping a slant with running room on 3rd down, and getting some runs for nice gains called back due to penalties and it all looks worse than it should've been.

Sure, get rid of Sanchez and all of our problems will magically disappear. Why not bring in a league MVP QB while the rest of the offense is underperforming and see how good we can be? Wait, didn't we try that once with Boomer Esiason and didn't we go 1-15 his last year here?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post

dump
    There wasn't enough anger and CAPS!!!! to be DBAKE.

Who was it?

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post

dump
    spill the frijoles, muchacho

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You will get abused but you are right about the excuses.
    ditto! It seems this board is now divided by the Sanchez-ites! They hate any other QB on the roster. they make excuses for their hero but can not find any excuses for other Jets QBs. Sad examples of sportsmen.

^^^Sanchez will be pro bowl caliber ALL SEASON!!!^^^

No.. No excuses Just Tellin It Like It Is

Schotty's not capable of designing plays or situational playcalling and our Oline was weak as ****(Turnstile Hunter)

No.. No excuses Just Tellin It Like It Is
    Last edited by endgameeugenics; 09-12-2012 at 04:16 PM.