Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mark sanchez apologist excuses

mark sanchez apologist excuses

1) year one: he was a rookie, and brian schottenheimer- forgiven
    2) year two: sophmore slump, and brian schottenheimer- forgiven
    3)year three: 2 lousy offensive linemen, and brian schottenheimer- forgiven
    4) year four: still 2 lousy offensive linemen spots, sparano sucks, and not good enough WR'S. forgiven?

we need to cut or trade him after the season, and come to terms that our qb of the future that will finally end our quest for a title is not yet on the roster. tebow and mcelroy, while serviceable backups in the event of injury, are not winning us our trophy either.

the excuses for mark really have to stop. he is not our guy, and he is not going to win his next team any titles either.

All League
    Can we see how he does this season, or have you thrown in the towel already after two pre season games?

List Eli's excuses now, please.

You will get abused but you are right about the excuses.

great first post

welcome back dbake?

If Mark Sanchez' dad was a Pro Bowl QB and his brother was a league MVP QB we could compare him to Eli manning.

as it stands he's a player who needs 5 seconds to make a throw when the league will only give him 3.

and we blame the OL, the coaches, the general manager, the wide outs, the tight ends, the owner, captain jet, fireman ed and the guy who sells the pretzels in a shopping cart after the game.

It's Mark's fault. It's always been Mark's fault. Get the ball out of there!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by glowing green View Post
    4) year four: still 2 lousy offensive linemen spots, sparano sucks, and not good enough WR'S. forgiven?

we need to cut or trade him after the season, and come to terms that our qb of the future that will finally end our quest for a title is not yet on the roster. tebow and mcelroy, while serviceable backups in the event of injury, are not winning us our trophy either.

the excuses for mark really have to stop. he is not our guy, and he is not going to win his next team any titles either.
    Stupidest post ever. QBs don't start racking up SB rings right out of the gate. IT takes time for them to develop. And yes believe it or not the play of the offensive line as well as the rest of the O does effect that development. That is why football is a "team game" You should really try watching and paying attention sometime.

All Pro

year one goes 3-0 in first 3 ever NFL starts (beats NE in week #2)
    throws a TD pass in Divisonal Rd @ SD
    throws two td passes (1 bomb) @ Indy int conference game

year 2 - goes 5-1 in first 6 gamnes of season.
    makes a great throw on winning drive @ Indy
    throws 3 TD passes in NE for Divisional game.
    throws two TD passes @ Pittsburgh after team has a terrible 1st half

year 3 - ground and pund going no where.
    he still has more TDs than previouse 2 seasons
    throws a bad INT at Denver but defense gives up a 95 yard drive with less than 2:00 left in game

it is only excuses if you don't like him. Look at the film they don't lie. Does he make some bad throws - YES. But what QB doesn't make a bad throw?
    Last edited by djaparz; 08-21-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Can we see how he does this season, or have you thrown in the towel already after two pre season games?

come on, man.......
    eli has two rings, number one, and i have thrown in the towel because i have seen every jets game the past 3+ years.

I JUST WANT TO WIN! CAN'T WE WIN 1 TITLE! I JUST WANT 1 TROPHY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    great first post

welcome back dbake?
    LOL. Please let this be true. We haven't had a good "mole face" joke in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Stupidest post ever. QBs don't start racking up SB rings right out of the gate. IT takes time for them to develop. And yes believe it or not the play of the offensive line as well as the rest of the O does effect that development. That is why football is a "team game" You should really try watching and paying attention sometime.
    can you please sir in all fairness tell me why he is OUR qb of the future, what he has shown that leads you to beliebe he is a title winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL. Please let this be true. We haven't had a good "mole face" joke in a while.
    who the hell is dbake?

All Pro
    can you please sir in all fairness tell me why he is OUR qb of the future, what he has shown that leads you to beliebe he is a title winner?
    See my post above!

All Pro
    come on, man.......
    eli has two rings, number one, and i have thrown in the towel because i have seen every jets game the past 3+ years.

I JUST WANT TO WIN! CAN'T WE WIN 1 TITLE! I JUST WANT 1 TROPHY!!!!!!
    Eli has two rings and he earned them. But look at the stats in first 3 seasons and they are just about equal.

Quote Originally Posted by djaparz View Post
    See my post above!
    so how much longer would you keep him?

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post

Sanchez is no Eli.
    Sanchez can't hit the broad side of a barn or make the throws needed to be an elite QB.
    Stop looking at stats and excuses and watch his game play. He sucks.

who the hell is dbake?
    A legend (here at JI, at least) amongst mortal men.

All Pro
    so how much longer would you keep him?
    atleast this season and next season. after year 3 how many Giant fans wanted Eli. Damn even afetr he won his first ring Giant fans last year wanted him and Coughlin gone before they went on that run.

Problem with fans and media is that keep jumping on and off the bandwagon. This team needs to be consistent. GM needed to make some moves this season and the moves he has made have not been smart ones. Tebow trade? Not getting more depth at offensive line or WRs.

3 season two trips deep into playoffs.

I love it when the alter egos of posters here post crazy things to stir the pot. Entertaining post!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Sanchez is no Eli.
    Sanchez can't hit the broad side of a barn or make the throws needed to be an elite QB.
    Stop looking at stats and excuses and watch his game play. He sucks.
    So Sanchez has never made the big throw?

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I love it when the alter egos of posters here post crazy things to stir the pot. Entertaining post!
    +1