Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter has bullseye painted on his jersey

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter has bullseye painted on his jersey

Another reason why the Jets are going to have to do something at RT is that according to some news reports other teams know about his poor play and are keying on his weakness. He might have been able to take it up to play as an average RT but with other teams gunning for him he has to take up his play even more and frankly I don't think there is anyone who thinks he can do that

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you a Pats fan, using a former Pats coach's name as your user name, portraying yourself as a Jets fan?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark doesn't deal with pressure. that's a far bigger bullseye. the league knows Mark can't burn a blitz. Wayne Hunter will be the fall guy and (he deserves it) but if Mark could make 3 second decisions instead of 5 second decisions, the team would be far more successful. I don't care if there are 5 all-pros on the OL, sometimes the Qb is not going to have time. that's life in the NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Mark doesn't deal with pressure. that's a far bigger bullseye. the league knows Mark can't burn a blitz. Wayne Hunter will be the fall guy and (he deserves it) but if Mark could make 3 second decisions instead of 5 second decisions, the team would be far more successful. I don't care if there are 5 all-pros on the OL, sometimes the Qb is not going to have time. that's life in the NFL.
    tebow couldn't handle it well either in these games. scrambling isn't going to win games.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty hard to make a 3 second decision in 1.5 seconds.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if the blitz doesn't result in pressure on Sanchez, he could definitely burn the defense. But, alas, it seems like only OUR defenses' blitzes are mostly ineffective.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Another reason why the Jets are going to have to do something at RT is that according to some news reports other teams know about his poor play and are keying on his weakness. He might have been able to take it up to play as an average RT but with other teams gunning for him he has to take up his play even more and frankly I don't think there is anyone who thinks he can do that
    According to some news reports? WTF? How is his piss poor pass blocking not evident to even the untrained eye? I'd expect Hunter to face the opposition's best pass rusher every down, every game until he shows he can stop them.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched a similar situation at the Cardinals game the other night. Kolb held the ball and played scared and got CREAMED. Skelton on the other hand gets the ball out faster and the offense moved the ball and scored. All with missing Levi Brown, their Left Tackle.

My point is not that Skelton is a great QB, far from it, But if you are quicker in tempo and decision making, O-Line deficiencies can be managed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's had a bulls eye on his jersey since before last season started.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Pretty hard to make a 3 second decision in 1.5 seconds.
    Mark's lack of time is being over stated. it's rare that he gets that little time.

remeber this Von Miller crushing Mark youtube from the Denver game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLpimht0tUM

Yes Hunter gets beat badly. and Yes Mark was going to get hit.

But Mark takes his 3 steps and then... nothing. 1 one thousand,2 one thousand,3 one thousand, THROW... that's the league. What is he waiting for? Keller looked open enough. throw him open. that's what a good qB does.

I'm just sick of all the excuses. People crushed Schotty last year. People crush Hunter. Maybe Tannenbaum should get fired.

here's an idea maybe the QB can get rid of the ball as per the play design. Mark never got used to having less time than he had at USC. It's year 4 he needs to have that 3 second buzzer in his head.

and even when he gets time he throws that awful pick 6 with no pressure. Ghost pressure? Cmon Mark. He's being paid like a superstar and he's playing like garbage.
    Last edited by bitonti; 08-21-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny and Rex have put themselves into a very tough position. The only way they are going to get a decent tackle now is to make some kind of a trade. However, any trading partner will rape the Jets for picks and/or players.

I shudder to think about going into the season with Hunter as the starting RT.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    tebow couldn't handle it well either in these games. scrambling isn't going to win games.
    Tebow is even worse than Mark at getting rid of the ball. Both of these guys need to get rid of it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the league knows Mark can't burn a blitz.
    i saw the bengals and giants games as different animals. in the bengals game, they were blitzing and the jets didn't block the blitzers. ok, sanchez knows they didn't gameplan, probably nobody was going deep and the key thing there is to not get hurt.

in the giants game, they didn't blitz. sanchez figures his line can block the DL enough so he can sit in a pocket at least some of the time and get some longer plays. but hunter couldn't even do that.

the giants game was worse b/c they didn't have to blitz. the giants could keep 7 guys back.

but you're right, that sanchez needs to get rid of it quicker. he should know by now that he can't rely on his line, and that if he does he's gonna get nailed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    bit, they should have left Hunter in Denver after that game. That play was beyond embarrassing. That will forever be on Vonn Miller's highlight reel. Hunter is on plenty of highlight reels. All for the wrong reasons.

Only person who should be under any legitimate heat is Tanny. Everyone else (Rex, Sanchez, the rest of the offense) is in "warm water". But Tanny is in the fire and he should be.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark's lack of time is being over stated. it's rare that he gets that little time.

But Mark takes his 3 steps and then... nothing. 1 one thousand,2 one thousand,3 one thousand, THROW... that's the league. What is he waiting for? Keller looked open enough. throw him open. that's what a good qB does.

I'm just sick of all the excuses. People crushed Schotty last year. People crush Hunter. Maybe Tannenbaum should get fired.

here's an idea maybe the QB can get rid of the ball as per the play design. Mark never got used to having less time than he had at USC. It's year 4 he needs to have that 3 second buzzer in his head.

and even when he gets time he throws that awful pick 6 with no pressure. Ghost pressure? Cmon Mark. He's being paid like a superstar and he's playing like garbage.
    What are you talking about? Miller hit Sanchez before 3 seconds. So your "Sanchez needs to learn to throw the ball in 3 seconds" argument is shot to crap on this particular video.

Also, if you bothered to watch the video, you will see that the receivers hadn't even gone into their cuts by the time that Sanchez was hit.

In other words, none of the receivers were ready to receive the ball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is even worse than Mark at getting rid of the ball. Both of these guys need to get rid of it.
    I'd rather we get rid of both of them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    What are you talking about? Miller hit Sanchez before 3 seconds. So your "Sanchez needs to learn to throw the ball in 3 seconds" argument is shot to crap on this particular video.

Also, if you bothered to watch the video, you will see that the receivers hadn't even gone into their cuts by the time that Sanchez was hit.

In other words, none of the receivers were ready to receive the ball.
    i think a lot of us here know that there are plays where sanchez needs to get rid of it quicker. but this isn't the play to illustrate that point. every qb gets sacked here. even vick and cam newton.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i think a lot of us here know that there are plays where sanchez needs to get rid of it quicker. but this isn't the play to illustrate that point. every qb gets sacked here. even vick and cam newton.
    EXACTLY. Post a better video, Bit. The Miller one in no way helps your point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I just used a stopwatch on the play three times for accuracy. From the time of the snap until he literally gets hit I got 2.1, 2.2 & 2.2 seconds.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

are you serious with that video??

he gets hit within TWO seconds of the snap. he hasn't even finished his drop and the pass-rusher is coming right at him, meaning Sanchez can't even step into his throw if he wanted to get rid of the ball. if that ball is thrown, it's probably gonna get picked.

of all the videos you could've used to defend Hunter and blame Sanchez, that's probably the single worst one.