Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY Jets twenty years ago...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

NY Jets twenty years ago...

1992, Jets start the season with a young stud QB...goes 4-0 pre-season...throws for 360 something on opening day...

bottom line the season finished with the Jets at 4-12, let's wait and see what happens before we all bail and lose our minds over two lousy showing in the summer running about 4 plays.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    1992, Jets start the season with a young stud QB...goes 4-0 pre-season...throws for 360 something on opening day...

bottom line the season finished with the Jets at 4-12, let's wait and see what happens before we all bail and lose our minds over two lousy showing in the summer running about 4 plays.
    The moral of your story is that every Jets season ends badly...I get it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get your point. But I don't think anyone cares about our pre season record. It is the play of the starters that scares us.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    The moral of your story is that every Jets season ends badly...I get it.
    lol...

hmm, I better rethink this one

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    a little "where are they now" on that former young stud qb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDNy9vFgt0g

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I get your point. But I don't think anyone cares about our pre season record. It is the play of the starters that scares us.
    The starters on defense have looked good. Elli and Dalton did nothing againt them.

Shonn Greene had a few decent runs.

Sanchez was 9 for 11 and one bad pick.

Two drives were halted with stupid 3rd down runs with our full back. That play may be used 2 times all season.

And we are missing all 3 starting WRs from last year (kerley and Holmes with injuries and Plax shipped out). So starting off slowly is to be expected.

What will make this offense dynamic is the use of Tebow and that hasn't been unveiled yet.

We can all agree that Hunter is an absolute mess, but I am willing to wait until GAME ONE of the season before I start worrying about which QBs will be availabe in next years draft.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    a little "where are they now" on that former young stud qb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDNy9vFgt0g

Nuke!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The starters on defense have looked good. Elli and Dalton did nothing againt them.

Two drives were halted with stupid 3rd down runs with our full back. That play may be used 2 times all season.

And we are missing all 3 starting WRs from last year (kerley and Holmes with injuries and Plax shipped out). So starting off slowly is to be expected.

What will make this offense dynamic is the use of Tebow and that hasn't been unveiled yet.

We can all agree that Hunter is an absolute mess, but I am willing to wait until GAME ONE of the season before I start worrying about which QBs will be availabe in next years draft.

such a good post

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding first post...no....wait....wut?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, I seen a lot of posts with "We looked great in the preseason. We were 4-0 or 3-1 in the preseason and we only ended up winning 4 games or 6 games." Blah Blah Blah. Yet I haven't seen a post that said, "We looked like manure in the preason and yet we won the division title!"

I get it. The preaseason means nothing but good God we could at least look like we've actually been practicing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    Yup, I seen a lot of posts with "We looked great in the preseason. We were 4-0 or 3-1 in the preseason and we only ended up winning 4 games or 6 games." Blah Blah Blah. Yet I haven't seen a post that said, "We looked like manure in the preason and yet we won the division title!"

I get it. The preaseason means nothing but good God we could at least look like we've actually been practicing.
    Quick search found the 2010 bears go 0-4 in the preseason scoring a whopping 46 points and they ended the regular season at 11-5. That same preseason the colts were 0-4 with a -70 score differential and they finished 10-6 and won their division.

Would i like to see the Jets office get a couple of scoring drives? Sure. But I would prefer to peak in december and not August.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quick search found the 2010 bears go 0-4 in the preseason scoring a whopping 46 points and they ended the regular season at 11-5. That same preseason the colts were 0-4 with a -70 score differential and they finished 10-6 and won their division.

Would i like to see the Jets office get a couple of scoring drives? Sure. But I would prefer to peak in december and not August.
    C'mon man we all know that the Jets peak comes in the offseason!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

1988 to 1996 were such a great years to be a JETS fan. Thank goodness I am experienced at it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    1988 to 1996 were such a great years to be a JETS fan. Thank goodness I am experienced at it.
    you have to earn your scars

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetnug View Post
    C'mon man we all know that the Jets peak comes in the offseason!
    yep, about 5minutes before they make their first pick in the draft to be exact

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    you have to earn your scars
    But scars over scars? can scar tissue have scars?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

5-0 in the preasone, they played in the Hall of Fame game that year, think Nagel beat the Pack in that game.

When I hear the sky is falling crew whine incessantly after one of two losses in the preseason I think back to that preseason and how meaningless it is.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our D will have to play like the Ravens D in their super bowl year. As long as our offense gets 1 TD a game, our D gets a TD and our special teams gets a TD, we will be fine.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

I love how the Mike Fransessas of the world complain that Sanchez didn't look good vs the Giants while Eli and the Giants looked so good.

Eli & Sanchez, Sanchez completes at a higher %, about the same yardage and both had a pick. Mark with a line that everyone knows played like sh1t against a line that no one can stop talking about.

It's amazing how this team gets beat up

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    5-0 in the preasone, they played in the Hall of Fame game that year, think Nagel beat the Pack in that game.
    Just about to post the same thing. I think they went 5-0 that year, won the Hall of Fame game.