Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: " Lions Could Help Jets Fill Need At Right Tackle " ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

Cool " Lions Could Help Jets Fill Need At Right Tackle " ~ ~ ~

Good article , if one of these OL could be acquired it would be good . They cant be any worse than Hunter

This is interesting and just pointed out by Eaglenj. You can guarantee Tanny is gonna do something. I can definitely see Tanny trying to make a move for Gosder Cherilus. He is in a contract year and apparently Reiff is beasting.

Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    This is interesting and just pointed out by Eaglenj. You can guarantee Tanny is gonna do something. I can definitely see Tanny trying to make a move for Gosder Cherilus. He is in a contract year and apparently Reiff is beasting.
    This would certainly solve the problem - but I can't imagine Tanny giving up too much for a guy on a contract year. 4th is all I would part with at this point.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    This would certainly solve the problem - but I can't imagine Tanny giving up too much for a guy on a contract year. 4th is all I would part with at this point.
    5th

cheers ~ ~

Whether it's with the Lions or another team, the Jets need to address RT. Season is over before it begins if they go into it with Hunter in the position.

We are going to have to overpay now because the front office sat on their bums all off season and thought that someone would sprinkle fairy dust on hunter and make him good.

Ostrich style of management, stick your head in the sand and hope that when you bring it out things will be better.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Have you read some of the Lions' fans suggestions of the Jets' compensation for Cherilus?

I mean, we sure have our fair share of homers on this site, but some of their fans are seriously expecting things like a first-rounder, or even Revis or Cromartie, in return.

All League
    I say it's the perfect time for a multi-team blockbuster move.

Maybe we can solve more than one problem with one major package deal.

Like get rid of Holmes ...

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    I say it's the perfect time for a multi-team blockbuster move.

Maybe we can solve more than one problem with one major package deal.

Like get rid of Holmes ...
    Oh yeah lets just trade our best playmaker on offense lord knows we have plently of depth at wr to do so. LOL where in the hell do some you get your ideas from?

Just read some of what the Lion fans think there tackle is worth and all I have to say is, " I didn't think you could get good stuff like what there smoking in Detroit"!!!!!

Not to mention all the Jets and Rex hate in many of there comments.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    We are going to have to overpay now because the front office sat on their bums all off season and thought that someone would sprinkle fairy dust on hunter and make him good.

Ostrich style of management, stick your head in the sand and hope that when you bring it out things will be better.
    No we won't have too. Detroit wants to unload him as much as we want him. Ask for too much and the Jets will turn elsewhere.

And how do you know that the FO was "sat on their bums all off season and thought that someone would sprinkle fairy dust on hunter and make him good"? How do you know that they haven't been trying to trade for someone they like all offseason? Have you followed this team, have you ever thought that Tanny is the sit on his ass and do nothing type of GM?

I would give a third for cherilus in a heartbeat

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I would give a third for cherilus in a heartbeat
    The article suggested that the Lions might prefer a cornerback instead of a pick. In that case who do we trade? Kyle Wilson?
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 08-21-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    The article suggested that the Lions might prefer a cornerback instead of a pick. In that case who do we tarde? Kyle Wilson?
    Trading Wilson for cherilus would definitely be tarded

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    No we won't have too. Detroit wants to unload him as much as we want him. Ask for too much and the Jets will turn elsewhere.

And how do you know that the FO was "sat on their bums all off season and thought that someone would sprinkle fairy dust on hunter and make him good"? How do you know that they haven't been trying to trade for someone they like all offseason? Have you followed this team, have you ever thought that Tanny is the sit on his ass and do nothing type of GM?
    Why do you think Detroit wants to unload him? He is listed @ #1 on the depth chart at RT. With the problems they have had in the past when he was not playing in keeping Staford upright I don't see it.

A Starting RT would gather at least a 5th as comp.at about 5mill per year.
    So if the jets offer a 4th and they really do want to move him they might let him go a year early.

Where will the jets turn? if the lions dont want to deal. Jeff Otah? there has been no rumors of any RT on the bubble

All League
    With most every team running 3-4 WR packages there's no way you trade
    Wilson. He's basically going to be a starter this year

The Jets are going to have to overpay to get a tackle. The reason they aren't the only team looking for quality tackles. It the law of supply and demand.

There isn't alot out there and the demand is very high.(even if it just for a backup tackle) . Expect to pay alot for a quality tackle and the team with the perceived extra talent at tackle will be sitting in the driver seat.

Veteran
    Here is an interesting tweet from Chris Mortenson. A Jets fan asked Mort if the brass was looikng at any FAs or trades to replace Wayne Hunter and he answered:
    YES. That they are no longer in denial.
    Dan Leberfeld from @Jetswhispers points out that Mortenson is close with Jimmy Sexton, who happens to represent Rex Ryan and Tony Sparano. He says go with it, this is probably true.

1) We will turn elsewhere eh? Like? We have oh so much leverage and the huge volume of viable lineman is just stacked.
    2) Wayne Hunter = worst lineman in the league last year + Wayne hunter back as a starter this = front office sat on their ass and did nothing.