Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Hunter our Trojan Horse?

Is Hunter our Trojan Horse?

Let's say the guy's really stepped up his game this offseason, but Rex told him to look bad in the preseason on purpose. Teams come out and start game planning for him like he was a weakness, but when they come out, BAM, he pancakes everyone. I know it would be unorthodox, but we have a coach with a twisted mind (in a good way) and who's probably getting desperate enough to try something sneaky. Best of all, it's so out there that NO ONE would expect it, it would take at least several games for teams to readjust, by which time we're 4-0. As long as it's not against the rules, Rex doesn't have to play fair. I see a big year for Hunter.

All League
    Hopefully he told our lb's to run slow and our wr to fake some injuries

Jets Insider VIP
    yeah, like lets get our QB sacked 7 times in the freaken preseason...

Jets Insider VIP
    In tailgate terms that would be like drinking crap beer just because it is the preseason....

Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    yeah, like lets get our QB sacked 7 times in the freaken preseason...
    That's the biggest argument against, but you play preseason games to help you win regular season games, you don't play to not get hurt. Plus it's a good practice for Sanchez to work on getting rid of the ball. Imagine how much better he'll be when he has 2+ more seconds to throw once Hunter stops faking badness.

Word... That makes perfect sense.

Rex: "Hunter, whatever you do "DON'T PROTECT"
    Hunter: "Why coach what if someone gets hurt?"
    Rex: "YOLO"

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Let's say the guy's really stepped up his game this offseason, but Rex told him to look bad in the preseason on purpose. Teams come out and start game planning for him like he was a weakness, but when they come out, BAM, he pancakes everyone. I know it would be unorthodox, but we have a coach with a twisted mind (in a good way) and who's probably getting desperate enough to try something sneaky. Best of all, it's so out there that NO ONE would expect it, it would take at least several games for teams to readjust, by which time we're 4-0. As long as it's not against the rules, Rex doesn't have to play fair. I see a big year for Hunter.
    Any day now, Earth will experience a dues ex machina moment where a figure, dressed as the mythical wizard Merlin, will appear on television screens globally. He will reveal that all the world's problems such as pestilence, hunger, and former genocides were all fabricated. And, with the wave of his elderly hands, will now eradicate these abominations from the human record. From this day forth: Utopia.

All League
    You have me thinking now about other possibilities. Maybe that really isn't Rex. I mean really...can he lose over 100 pds? I bet they hired a skinny guy who looks like Rex for the preseason who will say all the right stuff and the at the home opener fat Rex will run out of the tunnel with a double quarter pounder with cheese stuffed in his mouth holding a "2012 Superbowl Chamions" flag. The crowd will go crazy!!

All League
    What if C-A-T really spelled "dog"? Huh?

I know coaches will run plays even if the defense is set up to defend the play, as they want to see how it is executed. But your post is the proverbial grasping at any straw

What if he really is a trojan horse and there are little roman warriors inside of him and when other teams try to blitz he farts warriors that poke blitzers in the eyes with their long skinny swords.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Pretty elaborate trick, they've kept it going since week 1 of the 2011 season
    !

wow the mental gymnastics people will go through to believe somebody doesn't suck

Jets Insider VIP
    The trick blows up in Rex's face once Sanchez is carted off the field because of Hunter's "Trojan Horse" routine.

Omg, what kind of thread is this?!

What if Hunter's dad used a trojan, thus preventing this whole thing from happening?!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    What if C-A-T really spelled "dog"? Huh?
    Nice one, Ogre.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Omg, what kind of thread is this?!
    I dunno.

I like it.

Better than 3/4's of the other crap threads that gets flung and stick to the wall on the DerpStrip...

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Pretty elaborate trick, they've kept it going since week 1 of the 2011 season
    !
    No, he obviously sucked last year, his suckyness was newsworthy, that's what would make this the perfect trick, assuming he improved in the offseason just enough to defeat a surprised opponent.