Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Mortensen says we're trying to replace Hunter

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    If my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. What's the point? Not every pick is a hit, surely you have enough football knowledge to grasp that, being the "fan" that you are.
    Technically, she could still be your aunt.

So the Jets are realizing now, on August 22, that they have to replace Wayne Hunter? What a f****** disgrace.

And they think Shonn Greene is good enough to be the starting NFL RB? And they want to play ground and pound and their best blocking TE is Jeff Cumberland?

After this under .500 season is finished, if the GM still is in charge I will not be purchasing tickets next season. The only way an owner like Woody Johnson pays attention is if their wallets are affected.

By the way, the club is not interested in trading for Jones-Drew because of cap ramifications so I wonder if the millions owed to Tebow would have come in handy. Who knows....
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 08-22-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    So the Jets are realizing now, on August 22, that they have to replace Wayne Hunter? What a f****** disgrace.

And they think Shonn Greene is good enough to be the starting NFL RB? And they want to play ground and pound and their best blocking TE is Jeff Cumberland?

After this under .500 season is finished, if the GM still is in charge I will not be purchasing tickets next season. The only way an owner like Woody Johnson pays attention is if their wallets are affected.

By the way, the club is not interested in trading for Jones-Drew because of cap ramifications so I wonder if the millions owed to Tebow would have come in handy. Who knows....
    Pretty much sums it up.................

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The few million Tebow is getting in 2012 probably doesnt have much to do with the Jets unable to fit a multi year 10+mil contract for a 27 year old RB coming off of multiple 300 carry seasons.

FWIW, Tebow makes $2.1 million. Probably $500K more than the "average" 2nd string QB. Not exactly a cap-killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crable View Post
    FWIW, Tebow makes $2.1 million. Probably $500K more than the "average" 2nd string QB. Not exactly a cap-killer.
    There is no place for facts on this board!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    The few million Tebow is getting in 2012 probably doesnt have much to do with the Jets unable to fit a multi year 10+mil contract for a 27 year old RB coming off of multiple 300 carry seasons.

Pretty much sums it up

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    And if the Jets drafted a receiving TE while we already had Keller you and every other alarmist SOJF would be killing the front office. Also, what good is another receiving TE when the QB has no time to throw?
    Wait you mean in a thread where he clowns about the RT and says we could have picked up a receiving TE you don't get his point?

He needs to go back to whining about Tebow should be our QB.

Or Chad. Even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Do you think Wayne Hunter is the best Right Tackle in the NFL?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Think? THINK?

He doesn't think it, you pathetic excuse for a Jets fan.... he knows it

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Yes, haven't you been reading my posts?

"Trying" indicates that there is a possibility of failure.

It's to bad they can't (or won't) just part ways with Hunter immediately. Force the issue.

Maybe we'll luck out and he'll retire tomorrow.