Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets 8/21 News & Tweets

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    These WRs have to be the most fragile bunch of p****s ever assembled.
    Can't help when you get hurt (everyone does eventually).

Hope that's the cause of all the Hill drops today. Sounds like he's having a rough practice in front of the fans.

"Jane McManus ‏@janesports
    Stephen Hill struggles, drops passes from Sanchez and Tebow in the end zone during WR drill. Fan: "Ladies and gentlemen, that's our backup.""

But then this just happened:

"Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Tebow completes 45-yard deep pass to Hill. #nyj"

Are we really saving the bombs to Hill for the regular season? It's not like every other team didn't see him run a 4.3 at the combine. Not really going to surprise anyone by keeping that in our back pocket.

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    Revis with an unbelievable interception. Crowd erupts. #nyj

Antonio Allen just came in off a blitz to sack Sanchez on back-to-back plays. He's a fast dude.

Big Dame looking good today. The penetration this dude gets is scary.

Sanchez just hit Keller for a TD in the endzone. DK dunked it through the goal post.

If we get improved quarterback play with our defense, I think we have a chance to have a really, really special season and accomplish a lot of goals," Tannenbaum said. "Obviously, we have to go out there and prove it. It starts with Rex and I, and we're really excited about this team doing what we think it can accomplish."
    WTF the GM is calling out the QB after screwing up his line and taking away his #1 target?!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

Antonio Allen just came in off a blitz to sack Sanchez on back-to-back plays. He's a fast dude.

Sanchez just hit Keller for a TD in the endzone. DK dunked it through the goal post.
    C Mart do you think its safe to say that Allen has made the team ? The guy seems to be all over the place and is not afraid to lay the wood on someone. How is Bush doing? He seems to be having a quiet camp so far.

All League

Must have missed this in previous threads, but who is Big Dame? I'm drawing a blank.

Jets Insider VIP

C Mart do you think its safe to say that Allen has made the team ? The guy seems to be all over the place and is not afraid to lay the wood on someone. How is Bush doing? He seems to be having a quiet camp so far.

Big Dame is really a big guy! 350 pounds worth of NT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Stephen Hill having a tough practice. 3 drops and several miscommunications or wrong routes.

who drafts a developmental player in the 2nd round?
    Um well face and all, in effect, considering the program he came from, Hill is basically a developmental player. Talented and atheletic yes. But also developmental.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Must have missed this in previous threads, but who is Big Dame? I'm drawing a blank.
    Damon Harrison a NT from William Penn. He is listed at 350 pounds and 6ft 4. He is a rookie UDFA.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I had the same question. I'm guessing it's Demario Davis.

EDIT: I guess I was mistaken. Thanks Kentucky Jet

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Allen has without a doubt made the team. He's a baller.

Bush is a question mark however. PS maybe.
    Last edited by Jordy; 08-21-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Stephen Hill having a tough practice. 3 drops and several miscommunications or wrong routes.

who drafts a developmental player in the 2nd round?
    Hill has already shown more in 3 weeks than Vlad has shown in 2 years.

NOT worried about Hill. Kid has shown ability to compete and beat people.

my guess is AAllen makes it..Bush seems to be having a "quiet camp" but I did recently read he was inserted with the 1s when Landry wasn't practicing..My guess is both will make it

Jets Insider VIP
    my guess is AAllen makes it..Bush seems to be having a "quiet camp" but I did recently read he was inserted with the 1s when Landry wasn't practicing..My guess is both will make it
    Thank you C Mart. I guess no word about Dennis Landolt. Its a mystery for sure why they are keeping it so quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hill has already shown more in 3 weeks than Vlad has shown in 2 years.
    But why isnt Vlad given the same leeway "considering the program he came from"? Vlad is big and athletic...Funny how some people pick when to use criteria..

And Vlad has played well this preseason at OG

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31 Sanchez finds Jordan White right in between Harris, Bart and Yeremiah. Placed it in a perfect place.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Allen has without a doubt made the team. He's a baller.

Bush is a question mark however. PS maybe.
    And he is a really good tackler.

Only problem is he is more of a "in the box" safety. Hasn't had much experience playing deep and it has shown. But for a 7th rounder he has been doing an AMAZING job. Not only does he make the team, I think he is going to see some playing time as well.

Hall Of Fame
    But why isnt Vlad given the same leeway "considering the program he came from"? Vlad is big and athletic...Funny how some people pick when to use criteria..

And Vlad has played well this preseason at OG
    This is the first morsel of success Vlad has had. Hill showed talent and ability right out of the gate.

If Vlad showed anything in his first two years than we would be treated differently. He was completely overwhelmed.

THAT is the difference.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thank you C Mart. I guess no word about Dennis Landolt. Its a mystery for sure why they are keeping it so quiet!
    The last report was he suffered a dislocated patellar tendon and his season is likely over.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    And he is a really good tackler.

Only problem is he is more of a "in the box" safety. Hasn't had much experience playing deep and it has shown. But for a 7th rounder he has been doing an AMAZING job. Not only does he make the team, I think he is going to see some playing time as well.
    +1

Allen has been playing like a little linebacker and with good football instincts. The guy is definitely a player. Looking forward to getting another look at him against Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    +1

Allen has been playing like a little linebacker and with good football instincts. The guy is definitely a player. Looking forward to getting another look at him against Carolina.
    Speaking of little linebackers and Carolina...

Could Thomas Davis be a comparison for Allen? I know that Davis was a safety at Georgia.