Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jets 8/21 News & Tweets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    my guess is AAllen makes it..Bush seems to be having a "quiet camp" but I did recently read he was inserted with the 1s when Landry wasn't practicing..My guess is both will make it
    i agree, both will make it.

Rex was talking about them at some point last week, how they're coming along nicely and they're focusing Allen on improving his coverage and Bush on being more physical.

Allen has "flashed" more, at least in practice reports, but it's interesting that Bush got the 1st team reps when Landry was out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    +1

Allen has been playing like a little linebacker and with good football instincts. The guy is definitely a player. Looking forward to getting another look at him against Carolina.
    Thats exactly what he was in college. He played "Spur" for the Gamecocks which is basically a Safety/LB hybrid. I know the Jets have been doing a lot of work with him trying to teach him the "high safety" position. Rex spoke about it in one of his pressers. Looks like a 7th round steal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    [B]

WTF the GM is calling out the QB after screwing up his line and taking away his #1 target?!!
    This the not so subtle thing they did last year and it resulted with Sanchez being booed relentlessly at home and IMO it is no accident!!

Doesn't mean that Sanchez doesn't have to play better. Of course he does....

But Sanchez certainly isn't solely responsible for the poor OL play, average RBs on the team and WRs who can't get seperation.

Disgracefull......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I don't get it either. Other teams can do it. Why can't the Jets?

You conspiracy theorists drive me nuts

Yeah, that's what they did, they kept Hunter from a practice in front of 2,000 fans, they instead want him ready for the home opener in front of 80,000...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i agree, both will make it.

Rex was talking about them at some point last week, how they're coming along nicely and they're focusing Allen on improving his coverage and Bush on being more physical.

Allen has "flashed" more, at least in practice reports, but it's interesting that Bush got the 1st team reps when Landry was out.
    I thought Allen was more the SS type and Bush was more the FS tupe.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I thought Allen was more the SS type and Bush was more the FS tupe.

_
    You are right. They are trying to make both of them more complete.

Which is why they are trying to improve Allen's coverage and Bush's physicality.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Thats exactly what he was in college. He played "Spur" for the Gamecocks which is basically a Safety/LB hybrid. I know the Jets have been doing a lot of work with him trying to teach him the "high safety" position. Rex spoke about it in one of his pressers. Looks like a 7th round steal.
    I agree with Allen and think he'll play well for the Jets next season - maybe even this one if Landry gets hurt.

And this is a reminder to all those on the board who are so dismissive of late round draft picks - as if every player taken there is a guaranteed bum.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31 Sanchez finds Jordan White right in between Harris, Bart and Yeremiah. Placed it in a perfect place.
    OMG our defense sucks!

Nobody else said it so I will. Sanchez is our best and only option at QB. And when he's on, he can make these throws and win games. Sure it's one pass, but there's an army ripping him over every TC incompletion so here's one vote for letting our guy get through camp and seeing what he does against the Bills.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I agree with Allen and think he'll play well for the Jets next season - maybe even this one if Landry gets hurt.

And this is a reminder to all those on the board who are so dismissive of late round draft picks - as if every player taken there is a guaranteed bum.
    You're being kind. Many on this board label our early round picks as bums before they even get through their first TC.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    These WRs have to be the most fragile bunch of p****s ever assembled.
    This ^^^

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Damon Harrison a NT from William Penn. He is listed at 350 pounds and 6ft 4. He is a rookie UDFA.
    This is the first time I have heard this guy's name.....

Damon Harrison??

Looking at the roster we signed him on May 4th with several other UDFA's.

Has this guy been flashing throughout camp? As I said, never heard his name mentioned before yesterday.......
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-22-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    This is the first time I have heard this guy's name.....

Damon Harrison??

Looking at the roster we signed him on May 4th with several other UDFA's.

Has this guy been flashing throughout camp? As I said, never heard his name mentioned before yesterday.......
    I'm excited about the depth at NT. I think Harrison has shown more than MTV at this point and would be our #3 NT. However, how many DL do we keep? We are very deep here with Pouha, Ellis, Devito, Wilk, Coples, Dixon, Richardson, Harrison, and MTV.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    I'm excited about the depth at NT. I think Harrison has shown more than MTV at this point and would be our #3 NT. However, how many DL do we keep? We are very deep here with Pouha, Ellis, Devito, Wilk, Coples, Dixon, Richardson, Harrison, and MTV.
    Is MTV eligible for the Taxi Squad still? Harrison is, I'm sure is. If it comes down to keeping one of them, it makes sense to keep Harrison as we can stash him on the PS and he is younger and probably has more upside. I've always liked MTV, but his extended tryout may be coming to a close.