Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MJD open to being traded.

All League
    we don't have the money he wants

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Then everyone else would have to play squash the ant.

Rather have Harvin than MJD

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Loser24yearoldJetFan View Post
    Rather have Harvin than MJD
    Why?

Who's going to throw him the ball?

The Jets only shot at fielding a competitive offense is by getting an elite RB in the backfield.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Not gonna happen but we'd be legitimate contenders with a back like him and a competent RT

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Why?

The Jets only shot at fielding a competitive offense is by getting an elite RB in the backfield.
    Greene, Powell, and McKngiht are fine....Rather have all 3 than a washed up MJD off a holdout

I think it's more likely we trade for MJD than it is we acquire a decent RT. Trading for MJD is worth at least 2 days of back pages.

MJD is exactly what this team needs: a great back for the Ground and Pound offense. He singlehandedly would make the play action pass work over and over again. Sanchez would have an amazing year with MJD.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    MJD is exactly what this team needs: a great back for the Ground and Pound offense. He singlehandedly would make the play action pass work over and over again. Sanchez would have an amazing year with MJD.
    Disagree.. I'd take Greene will have a better year than MJD

Hall Of Fame
    sg3 is that you?

Greene, Powell, and McKngiht are fine....Rather have all 3 than a washed up MJD off a holdout
    Washed up.....he only led the league in rushing last year but he's washed up.

Disagree.. I'd take Greene will have a better year than MJD

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    sg3 is that you?
    If it is how deep you think his ignore list is already? Over under is 20.

Hall Of Fame
    It's definitely sg3.

Just serve your term like a man.

I'm not going to tell the mods what to do but for him to come back and start trolling is really a slap in the face.

I'd deal Shonn Greene and a 2nd for him in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    It's definitely sg3.

Just serve your term like a man.

I'm not going to tell the mods what to do but for him to come back and start trolling is really a slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I think it's more likely we trade for MJD than it is we acquire a decent RT. Trading for MJD is worth at least 2 days of back pages.
    It's kind of sad that you buy into the media nonsense. But keep on regurgitating what the media feeds you.

1. We do have the money. All we would have to do is cut or trade Smith and Keller or Moore. Right there that is 5 mil added to what we already have. You're not talking as big a deal as everyone thinks. Johnson got what about 13.5 mil a year on a 4 year deal. Not that hard for us to do really. We would just have to be creative next year.

2. We have the ammo to trade for him. Jax would be looking for picks but odds are they will not be offered a 1st by anyone. RBs haven't been the hot draft ticket they once where in resent years. The Pats aren't paying 50+ mil and giving up a 1st for a RB trust me. Our 2nd rounder would look pretty good to a team like Jax. Offer up Turner, Dixon, and maybe Greene that is a good deal for them. Who else in the league would really do that? Cinci? Maybe Dallas? Honestly I don't think there would be a lot of buyers on him. Most teams have good young backs right now and don't need to make that move. I can't see Washington, NE, or Pitts making that deal.

3. Would you really want to offer a 4 year deal to a guy with this many miles on him? This isn't CJ who really only had 2 full years under the belt. MJD is probably the most used RB over the last 6 years. Yeah MJD is still young and could have years left but that is a huge gamble. This would mean no real good FAs can come in next year.

4. I think the question you do have to ask is do you want MJD or would you rather play with Greene that use that pick to get a young stud next year. If Marcus Lattimore declares it is not out of the realm that we use that same ammo to draft him. I'd simply rather have that. Now I'll admit after him it looks like a big fall off but if we pass on 1st or 2nd round RB for a RT or OLB would you really be upset? I really do not think I would be. I'd rather continue to build threw the draft as we did last year. Good RBs can be found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in most drafts and you'll get more then 4 years out of them.

5. Why on earth is trading Revis on this thread? For one it is like a 22 mil dollar hit if we did that. It has always just been impossible for us to do and Revis knows that. There was 0 chance of him going anywhere else this year the way his deal was made.

New owner of Jacksonville is going to war with him on this one. It doesn't appear as if we have any chance of signing him. He is setting the tone.

I give up Greene, McKnight, Tebow and a 3rd for Jones Drew. We replace Greene with one of the top 3 premier backs of today's NFL in Jones-Drew. We can find a Mike Westhoff replacement for McKnight. Powell maybe? Kerley on special teams? Who knows. We'll give the Jaguars a hometown kid in Tebow with a boat load of Florida Gator fans selling out each and every ball game. Then they also get a 3rd rounder as a thank you. Too bad it will never happen. They'll look for a king size ransom. Our deal does make sense, especially with Greene becoming an instant starter for the time being (until they can upgrade). But it won't happen.

Sanchez.

Jones-Drew.
    Conner.

Holmes.
    Hill.
    Keller.
    Kerley.

One could only dream. Now thinking about it, outside of the Quarterback position, we're an elite running back away from featuring a dynamic offense in which opposing fans fear. Regardless of the offensive line, if we had a top 5 running back? We're talking about a completely different offense. If Greene becomes what's expected by this fan base? We'll all have a different outlook moving forward. It's make or break time for #23.
    Last edited by TampaBayJet; 08-22-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaBayJet View Post
    I give up Greene, McKnight, Tebow and a 3rd for Jones Drew. We replace Greene with one of the top 3 premier backs of today's NFL in Jones-Drew. We can find a Mike Westhoff replacement for McKnight. Powell maybe? Kerley on special teams? Who knows. We'll give the Jaguars a hometown kid in Tebow with a boat load of Florida Gator fans selling out each and every ball game. Then they also get a 3rd rounder as a thank you. Too bad it will never happen. They'll look for a king size ransom. Our deal does make sense, especially with Greene becoming an instant starter for the time being (until they can upgrade). But it won't happen.

Sanchez.

Jones-Drew.
    Conner.

Holmes.
    Hill.
    Keller.
    Kerley.

One could only dream. Now thinking about it, outside of the Quarterback position, we're an elite running back away from featuring a dynamic offense in which opposing fans fear. Regardless of the offensive line, if we had a top 5 running back? We're talking about a completely different offense. If Greene becomes what's expected by this fan base? We'll all have a different outlook moving forward. It's make or break time for #23.
    Welcome back, DWC. I forget, is this your eleventh or twelfth username?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Why?

We get it, you don't like Sanchez, you're a one trick pony on this board, every post has some lame BS shot at Sanchez, give it a rest.

Harvin on this team right now makes more sense than any other move, including RT. The Jets aren't going to find or trade for a RT talent like Harvin at WR.