Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: MJD open to being traded.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    2nd, 4th, Powell and Eric Smith. Done deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Do not get your hopes up. There is no way the Jets are getting MJD. NONE.
    Late to the game..who is MJD? Jones Drew?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    2nd, 4th, Powell and Eric Smith. Done deal.
    I'd **** my pants if that happened. Unfortunately, it won't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Late to the game..who is MJD? Jones Drew?
    Yes it is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    Hearing #Jets doing due diligence investigating MJD situation, but not likely they will acutally pursue it very far. Bigger fish to fry

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets aren't interested in trading for Maurice Jones-Drew. Price tag (players/draft picks + signing him to new deal) is prohibitive.
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-22-2012 at 06:28 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everybody here would think this is crazy but I'd see if they'd want Santonio straight up for MJD. I don't think Santonio is going to fit in this new system well and he's vastly overpaid but Jacksonville is trying to pass more and go with a 3 WR base set. Also they just drafted a receiver #1 who could learn a lot from Santonio and Santonio is from FL. Who knows ... maybe they'll take the extra baggage. If I'm Tanny I'll put in the call and see what they're thinking.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Everybody here would think this is crazy but I'd see if they'd want Santonio straight up for MJD. I don't think Santonio is going to fit in this new system well and he's vastly overpaid but Jacksonville is trying to pass more and go with a 3 WR base set. Also they just drafted a receiver #1 who could learn a lot from Santonio and Santonio is from FL. Who knows ... maybe they'll take the extra baggage. If I'm Tanny I'll put in the call and see what they're thinking.
    A few months ago there was a piece about the "sparano offense" and the crux was that it was based on max protect, 2 TE sets, running the ball, and play action shots down the field often based on double moves. Holmes EXCELS off double moves, unfortunately the double move, downfield throws was not a part of the schotty offense.

If there is any way in hell that we can protect sanchez and get hill to actually clear out a safety once in awhile, I think holmes can be very good in this offense, especially considering that keller should be covered by a safety and not a CB.

That being said, I am fine dealing with the cap issues that MJD would bring, but a 2nd round pick is overpaying. Please keep in mind, demeco ryans - a pro bowl MLB - was had for a 4th round pick, and thats with a somewhat friendly contract.