Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: Which Jets QB would you like to see start against Carolina Sunday night?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mark Sanchez

44 69.84%
  • Tim Tebow

4 6.35%
  • Greg McElroy

9 14.29%
  • Matt Simms

6 9.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Jets QB would you like to see start against Carolina Sunday night?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I don't think he is suggesting there is a QB controversy. I think he is taking into consideration our OL.
    Good point. An argument can be made that Tebow would be more effective with constant protection breakdowns. I hope the protection stabilizes so this won't be a concern.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simms!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Derek Anderson

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Mark played with the 1st team WR in either week 1 or 2 I'd say start Tebow but I'd rather see what Mark can do with his real WRs. Get him in there and lets see what they are really running in practice. Then start Tebow week 4 and let Sanchez play behind the 2nd string OL and learn what a really bad line is all about. He thinks he is not getting enough time now wait till he sees what Celeb, RG, Vlad, Landolt, and Howard bring to the table.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez and to go 12 of 18 for 175 yds with a TD pass and engineer a long drive and score another one on a running play! Play the first half and let Tebow or Mac play the third and fourth respectively. I'm playing the optimistic card again!!!!!

jf

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What was the point of this thread? I like to believe that any Jets fan with any type of football knowledge would agree that Sanchez gives us the best chance to win, under center. Maybe that's the reason why the current poll is 74.51% in favor of Sanchez. Two AFC Championship Game appearances during his first 3 years, 2 playoff appearances, 4-2 road playoff record, most career postseason wins of any Jets QB etc, etc. And yes, we all know Sanchez was blessed with a monster offensive line (as a raw rookie who only had one season of college starting experience being thrown into the fire while being expected to deliver a franchise super bowl hardware for the first since 1969 within his first 3 seasons of developing/learning/playing), blessed with a strong running game along with top 3 defenses. But yet, outside of the quarterback position, aren't we all expecting top of the line offensive line performances, strong rushing attacks with Greene and McKnight impressing, a dominating Jets defense being led by Rex himself while players such as Revis, Cromartie, Harris, Scott etc and even Coples stand out? Isn't that what we're expecting as a fan base to begin with? If so, we all know Sanchez can take us to a Super Bowl under those circumstances. Tim Tebow? The same can't be said. Not after putting up one of the worst postseason QB performances of all-time against an awful NE Patriots defense. The same fans who've tried to run Sanchez out of town due to accuracy/completion percentage related reasons, have became the same fans calling for Tebow under center despite the fact that Tebow has actually posted some of the very worst completion percentages around over the past two seasons. But yet, then become the same Sanchez critics talking about his completion percentage. Hypocrites.
    Last edited by TampaBayJet; 08-22-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love it tuck febow

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richard Todd

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    I am rubber, you are glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.
    So we finally meet a rubber. So what's it like working in the dark?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Start Tebow. We know what mark can do. Mark can complete 3 yard passes, get sacked and throw pick 6s. Lets see what Timmy can do w the #1 guys.
    Like missing a wide open receiver in the end zone?