Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: think our front office is bad ?

think our front office is bad ?

Patriots just released a guy they gave a 3.85M bonus to in March !!!

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/20...than_fane.html

Hall Of Fame
    TB12 cures a lot of ills.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Expensive SB trophies?

Ya but they signed a 5'6" on stilts dude that can run real fast for chump change....

Actually that shows a smart front office. Not all signings work out especially when injuries come into play. At least they were smart enough to move on and eat it - not like us with Santonio and Bart Scott.

At least those SOBs cut sunk costs.

We keep our garbage after we guarantee their contracts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Actually that shows a smart front office. Not all signings work out especially when injuries come into play. At least they were smart enough to move on and eat it - not like us with Santonio and Bart Scott.
    Lets not forget super jag calvin pace.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Patriots just released a guy they gave a 3.85M bonus to in March !!!

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/20...than_fane.html
    He injured his knee and as a result hasn't played or practiced a down for several weeks. Sh!t happens. Would you think better of their FO had they kept a guy who can't play because they already paid him a bonus?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    He injured his knee and as a result hasn't played or practiced a down for several weeks. Sh!t happens. Would you think better of their FO had they kept a guy who can't play because they already paid him a bonus?
    I mean seriously. You know a post is bad when I'm agreeing with GuidoYaztremski. The dude was injured. I'd rather open up a roster spot than have a guy with a bum knee wasting it.

It is now being reported that he did not disclose a previous injury to the knee, They reported to the league the reason for the cut as failure to report injury. The SB was two stage, 2/3 at signing and 1/3 next year. The pats are going after both. But it is very tough to get back the money so they will probably have to eat the 1st portion, but will likely get the 2nd stage rescinded and get back the cap space from the signing if they are successful.

I know there is issues regarding the disclosure of injuries if a team trades a player. But I guess when your a FA The old team can not provide any medical information as you are no longer a member of that team. I guess you go by the players statement regarding past injuries and your physical.

He was scheduled to get surgery next week and I guess the pre-op mri disclosed the previous injury/repair or that someone on the Bengals staff ratted him out.
    Last edited by patman; 08-22-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Your team doctor didn't do his job. That's a lot of money wasted

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Ummmm this....

I see it like this. They released a D lineman that had 6.5 sacks after they gave him3.5 mil. Then they have someone in line who is better. It's not about the money, it's about who makes the team better.
    We have a few guys on this team that have guaranteed money this year, but they will keep them on instead of dropping them and developing better talent.

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Your team doctor didn't do his job. That's a lot of money wasted
    See patman's post above yours for a more accurate assessment.

All League
    That's business 101. You realize a bad investment and you cut your loses. Bonus means nothing. He was taking up a roster spot. They factored in so many dollars of wastage and he was one of the people that was a waster

All League
    this guy gets it

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Just curious, what does the Pats DLine depth look like now? Obviously Big Vince is the stalwart, but what else are they rolling out these days? Are guys like Love, Pryor, Deadrick and Brace in line for big minutes?

I haven't followed their defense all that much this offseason.

id take those pats 3 SB trophies in a heartbeat

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Just curious, what does the Pats DLine depth look like now? Obviously Big Vince is the stalwart, but what else are they rolling out these days? Are guys like Love, Pryor, Deadrick and Brace in line for big minutes?

I haven't followed their defense all that much this offseason.
    Pryor is on PUP list and may wind up on IR or possibly cut outright. But you have the others correct. There's a couple of decent candidates for PS in Forston and possible Francis . DEs are likely: Jones, Bequette, Ninkovich, Cunnigham, and Francis (If he's not stashed on the PS).
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 08-22-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Yeah, would make perfect sense to dump Santonio.

So we can whine even more about the WRs on the roster.