Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: think our front office is bad ?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    id take those pats 3 SB trophies in a heartbeat
    As a Pats fan why wouldn't you? Because you pose as a Jets fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yeah, would make perfect sense to dump Santonio.

So we can whine even more about the WRs on the roster.
    If he didn't have the contract he has he could very well have been dumped after last year. Did Pitt have a verified replacement for him when they dumped his malcontent clown ass? Nope. I'll grieve for not having Holmes once the guy actually starts playing like a #1 WR like he is paid and shuts his pie hole.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Just curious, what does the Pats DLine depth look like now? Obviously Big Vince is the stalwart, but what else are they rolling out these days? Are guys like Love, Pryor, Deadrick and Brace in line for big minutes?

I haven't followed their defense all that much this offseason.
    The 3-4 looks like

N/Tackle Love, LDE Wilfork, RDE Deardrick with B/U Warren and Brace (I may have a heart attack as he actually had two good games in a row. Miracles never cease)

the 4-3 looks like LDE Jones, Wilfork, Love and one of Bequtte, Ninko, Hightower, Scott, Cunningham Justin Francis (rutgers UDFA, this kid shows promise no way does he make it to the PS)

The 4-3 and the 3-4 are pretty much the same personell except for Jones does not play in the 3-4

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Actually that shows a smart front office. Not all signings work out especially when injuries come into play. At least they were smart enough to move on and eat it - not like us with Santonio and Bart Scott.
    If only you had said Wayne Hunter instead....

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    It is now being reported that he did not disclose a previous injury to the knee, They reported to the league the reason for the cut as failure to report injury. The SB was two stage, 2/3 at signing and 1/3 next year. The pats are going after both. But it is very tough to get back the money so they will probably have to eat the 1st portion, but will likely get the 2nd stage rescinded and get back the cap space from the signing if they are successful.

I know there is issues regarding the disclosure of injuries if a team trades a player. But I guess when your a FA The old team can not provide any medical information as you are no longer a member of that team. I guess you go by the players statement regarding past injuries and your physical.

He was scheduled to get surgery next week and I guess the pre-op mri disclosed the previous injury/repair or that someone on the Bengals staff ratted him out.
    Isn't it your team doctors job to find any injuries before signing players? Isn't that what a physical is for?

Sounds like they made a dumb decision and now are trying to save face.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    As a Pats fan why wouldn't you? Because you pose as a Jets fan?
    Kool aid instead of coffee? hmmm....

God forbid a few of us LONG TIME fans vent frustration. WHAT gives you the inkling that this team will do anything worthy? History?

Well 43 years and counting...

Jeez, the PATS have been to the SB what ? 7 times since 1985? They used to be the basement of the AFC.

GIANTS, Steelers, Broncos, Green bay shall I go on????

Some of us live in the real world. I am a HUGE fan, wear JETS gear all the time, started a 300 person fan club here in Charlotte, have stuff on my car but face it, NOTHING in the last 12 months tells us we are going to field a competitive team.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 08-22-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Kool aid instead of coffee? hmmm....

God forbid a few of us LONG TIME fans vent frustration. WHAT gives you the inkling that this team will do anything worthy? History?

Well 43 years and counting...

Jeez, the PATS have been to the SB what ? 7 times since 1985? They used to be the basement of the AFC.

GIANTS, Steelers, Broncos, Green bay shall I go on????

Some of us live in the real world. I am a HUGE fan, wear JETS gear all the time, started a 300 person fan club here in Charlotte, have stuff on my car but face i, NOTHING in the last 12 months tells us we are going to field a competitive team.
    This......alot!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    TB12 cures a lot of ills.
    This.

The Pats have drafted poorly until they got Gronk, but that didn't matter because of Brady. They haven't signed any real impact FAs. That didn't matter because of Brady.

Having a HOF QB covers up for a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    This.

The Pats have drafted poorly until they got Gronk, but that didn't matter because of Brady. They haven't signed any real impact FAs. That didn't matter because of Brady.

Having a HOF QB covers up for a lot.
    i'm not saying sanchez is great. but when you have glaring liabilities on the OL and don't invest first rounders in playmakers, it puts undue pressure on the qb to have a good offense. last year the team had no deep threat and had only a slow, tall plax as a red zone threat and yet sanchez still had 32 tds. rbs have been average at best. sanchez was at his best when braylon was here, but then he got hurt and they let him walk. he had chemistry with cotch but they let him walk too. the team has drafted all of 1 offensive skill position in the first 2 rounds of the past 3 drafts. the one guy they kept, holmes, has done as much harm as good, and that may be generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Actually that shows a smart front office. Not all signings work out especially when injuries come into play. At least they were smart enough to move on and eat it - not like us with Santonio and Bart Scott.
    Keeping drinking the bellichickool-aid

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Your team doctor didn't do his job. That's a lot of money wasted
    "Everybody" wants to blame doctors for not diagnosing issues but unless they get all the information their hands are tied.

When a team gives a physical the guy does not get a full body scan, They get a thorough physical and any known injuries I would assume are then scanned.

If a guy had a strained knee that did not require a surgery 6 months ago and he did not disclose it why would a doctor or team MRI it? Do you think they do brain scans for concussions if none are known to have occurred?

The guy passed a physical, Kraft has plenty of money, it does not count against the cap as long as the pats show proof that the knee was damaged before and he did not disclose it at the time of the physical.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Keeping drinking the bellichickool-aid
    What would you do? keep him on the roster? or try to get the money back.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i'm not saying sanchez is great. but when you have glaring liabilities on the OL and don't invest first rounders in playmakers, it puts undue pressure on the qb to have a good offense. last year the team had no deep threat and had only a slow, tall plax as a red zone threat and yet sanchez still had 32 tds. rbs have been average at best. sanchez was at his best when braylon was here, but then he got hurt and they let him walk. he had chemistry with cotch but they let him walk too. the team has drafted all of 1 offensive skill position in the first 2 rounds of the past 3 drafts. the one guy they kept, holmes, has done as much harm as good, and that may be generous.
    True.

The FO has talked about supporting Sanchez but hasn't really done all that much. A rock solid OL and a couple of playmakers would likely make all the difference for him. I don't think Sanchez is an elite QB but he has shown he can do well when given help.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What would you do? keep him on the roster? or try to get the money back.
    I would not sign/draft crappy players

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Isn't it your team doctors job to find any injuries before signing players? Isn't that what a physical is for?

Sounds like they made a dumb decision and now are trying to save face.
    Old injuries some times cannot be diagnosed by a physical. When you go for a physical they ask you what injuries/surgeries have you had and when. If you don't put it down and they don't do a full body scan how is the doctor going to
    diagnose the issue.

The MIPSA law prevents employers from gaining access to previous medical history. One NFL team got sued giving the new team a players medical history. Since then teams protect themselves with the disclosure.

How would the jets ever field a team then?
    Last edited by patman; 08-22-2012 at 11:59 AM.

You'd be the first coach/GM in the history of sports to do that then...you're worth millions to the sports world... can I be your agent?

Am I the only one that read 6.5 sack and thought sign the beast. LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Crystal ball? be fair.

Mistakes happen. All teams have them.

Vernon Gholsten was a mistake, VLAD (imo) was negligence, Terminator was negligent (hes no 5th rounder).

Kyle wilson, borderline negligence. Serviceable but we seem to reach to these small schools (UMASS, BOISE ST etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Crystal ball? be fair.

Mistakes happen. All teams have them.

Vernon Gholsten was a mistake, VLAD (imo) was negligence, Terminator was negligent (hes no 5th rounder).

Kyle wilson, borderline negligence. Serviceable but we seem to reach to these small schools (UMASS, BOISE ST etc...)
    He believes he is not only infallible when picking players but he is also a medical diagnostician in his spare time.