Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: think our front office is bad ?

bull****..they f*cked up

3.85 mil is a lot for a football team to walk away from. Whether it be the scouts or doctors someone messed up. Are the pats are more successful organization then the jets? yes. but they messed up. If that was the jets we would have 10 Fire tanny threads on here.
    The pats mess up and they get a pat on the back for releasing the guy. unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky24 View Post
    bull****..they f*cked up

3.85 mil is a lot for a football team to walk away from. Whether it be the scouts or doctors someone messed up. Are the pats are more successful organization then the jets? yes. but they messed up. If that was the jets we would have 10 Fire tanny threads on here.
    The pats mess up and they get a pat on the back for releasing the guy. unreal.
    Taking your position that he did not lie on his physical and the pats signed him anyway and they "messed up". And that the pats will not be able to recoup the money or at least the cap space

The only correct action that can be taken is to cut bait and move on. Some jet fans applaud admitting an error and going forward. they are not applauding the original error, just the corrective action.

Did the jets benefit from keeping Gholston on the roster for two more years and losing another 10mill in cap space. Would you not have wished the jets just would have admitted the mistake and save every dollar that they could.
    Last edited by patman; 08-22-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    He injured his knee and as a result hasn't played or practiced a down for several weeks. Sh!t happens. Would you think better of their FO had they kept a guy who can't play because they already paid him a bonus?
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    I mean seriously. You know a post is bad when I'm agreeing with GuidoYaztremski. The dude was injured. I'd rather open up a roster spot than have a guy with a bum knee wasting it.
    This message board has become so incredibly stupid most of the time that it is barely readable. When the trolls' posts make more sense than many of the regular posters' unbelievably dumb posts, it's time to sadly acknowledge that this may not be the best place for sharing football discussion.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Isn't it your team doctors job to find any injuries before signing players? Isn't that what a physical is for?

Sounds like they made a dumb decision and now are trying to save face.
    While true, the team doctors rely on players giving them accurate information and from inspecting the player for signs of "injuries."

If a doctor were to inspect my right knee, he would quickly notice the scars from three surgeries. Thus, it would be difficult to hide the injury from him and he would not need to rely on me to provide accurate information.

Alternatively, an inspection of my left knee would show no evidence of surgeries or broken bones. But, I dislocated my left kneecap 2 months ago and ended up needing 1 month of rehab b/c of the swelling. Right now, there is NO CHANCE that a team doctor would find that out unless I disclosed it.

I would bet big bucks that the Pat's team doctor requires each player fill out a detailed form documenting all injuries to all body parts. If that player lies about or fails to disclose a prior injury, they might have a case for breach of contract against the player.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Kool aid instead of coffee? hmmm....

God forbid a few of us LONG TIME fans vent frustration. WHAT gives you the inkling that this team will do anything worthy? History?

Well 43 years and counting...

Jeez, the PATS have been to the SB what ? 7 times since 1985? They used to be the basement of the AFC.

GIANTS, Steelers, Broncos, Green bay shall I go on????

Some of us live in the real world. I am a HUGE fan, wear JETS gear all the time, started a 300 person fan club here in Charlotte, have stuff on my car but face it, NOTHING in the last 12 months tells us we are going to field a competitive team.
    Amen brother, i will support the team no matter what, but everything points to a sub par season. Is there any help for our O-line in next years draft? Or any possible FA's that we can target?

Isn't the issue knee arthritis? If so, that's not an easy one to detect. The player would know before the doctors.... not excusing the move but if it's arthritis like is being reported, it's a difficult one to catch during a physical unless someone owns up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Crystal ball? be fair.

Mistakes happen. All teams have them.

Vernon Gholsten was a mistake, VLAD (imo) was negligence, Terminator was negligent (hes no 5th rounder).

Kyle wilson, borderline negligence. Serviceable but we seem to reach to these small schools (UMASS, BOISE ST etc...)
    Boise St. is no longer a small school. Guys like Chriss Carr, Ryan Clady, George Ioka, Doug Martin. Shea Mcllelan and Titus Young all came from Boise. There are about 30 players currently on NFL rosters from Boise.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    How would the jets ever field a team then?
    How would the Pats make the Super Bowl without Tom Brady? Bellichick looks like a genius because of Number 12. Without him, his career coaching record over 50+ games is sub-500. Just sayin'

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    Amen brother, i will support the team no matter what, but everything points to a sub par season. Is there any help for our O-line in next years draft? Or any possible FA's that we can target?
    I'm gonna suit up and challenge Vlad or Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    How would the Pats make the Super Bowl without Tom Brady? Bellichick looks like a genius because of Number 12. Without him, his career coaching record over 50+ games is sub-500. Just sayin'

ok, was does that have to do with him cutting this guy?

Would he have went to the SB with Bledsoe? maybe, maybe not. Bledsoe already went once before. That 04 team was a great team and a hell of a lot better tan the 97 SB team. I think good enough to get to the SB with Bledsoe instead of Brady. Remember he went 11-5 with Cassel who never even started a college game.

There are jet posters here who would die for the jets to go 11-5 with a qb that has 3 years of nfl experience and 1 full year of college exp.
    Last edited by patman; 08-22-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    While true, the team doctors rely on players giving them accurate information and from inspecting the player for signs of "injuries."

If a doctor were to inspect my right knee, he would quickly notice the scars from three surgeries. Thus, it would be difficult to hide the injury from him and he would not need to rely on me to provide accurate information.

Alternatively, an inspection of my left knee would show no evidence of surgeries or broken bones. But, I dislocated my left kneecap 2 months ago and ended up needing 1 month of rehab b/c of the swelling. Right now, there is NO CHANCE that a team doctor would find that out unless I disclosed it.

I would bet big bucks that the Pat's team doctor requires each player fill out a detailed form documenting all injuries to all body parts. If that player lies about or fails to disclose a prior injury, they might have a case for breach of contract against the player.
    If the player had surgery and the doctor did not see the scar, well the doctor is leaving himself exposed. I am assuming there was an old tear/strain that did not heal right with rest and left it weak.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    TB12 cures a lot of ills.
    yessir

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    ok, was does that have to do with him cutting this guy?

Would he have went to the SB with Bledsoe? maybe, maybe not. Bledsoe already went once before. That 04 team was a great team and a hell of a lot better tan the 97 SB team. I think good enough to get to the SB with Bledsoe instead of Brady. Remember he went 11-5 with Cassel who never even started a college game.

There are jet posters here who would die for the jets to go 11-5 with a qb that has 3 years of nfl experience and 1 full year of college exp.
    haha, he was 5-13 in NE with Bledsoe. You think that is trending upwards towards a SB?

Jets Insider VIP
    Boise St. is no longer a small school. Guys like Chriss Carr, Ryan Clady, George Ioka, Doug Martin. Shea Mcllelan and Titus Young all came from Boise. There are about 30 players currently on NFL rosters from Boise.

and half the league are 6th round picks and worse because the high level of "busts" which totally dispells your myth that YOU wouldn't draft sketchy players.
    It is simply part of the deal.

My point about Wilson he he is NOT a 1st rd talent not so much the school. The risk in the draft is so high..adding unnecessary risk like UMASS is adding well...more risk.

again, it's knee arthritis.... that's pretty simple to hide actually.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...for-a-reunion/

A league source said that the reason Fanene was cut was due to arthritis in one of his knees and that he has not practiced since late July. Fanene signed a three-year deal worth $12 million from New England, which included a $3.85 million signing bonus.

Fanene could possibly undergo knee surgery, which would keep him out 2-6 weeks. Last season Fanene had a career-high 6.5 sacks and was third on the team in QB pressures wih 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yeah, would make perfect sense to dump Santonio.

So we can whine even more about the WRs on the roster.
    Give me a less talented player who hustles like crazy and gets every ounce of his ability over a talented wisea*s who quits on his team when the season is on the line any day.

I don't care how much it cost the team but there is no way that Holmes should ever see the light of day in a Jet uniform again after the Miami game last season. To go ahead and guarantee him more money is absurd and sends absolutely the worst message to the rest of the team.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 08-22-2012 at 03:12 PM.

haha, he was 5-13 in NE with Bledsoe. You think that is trending upwards towards a SB?
    He gutted the team when he took over fro Carroll, no I didn't say that Bledsoe and BB could have taken the team he took over from Carroll but the 04 team.

Are you just being argumentative or do you want to discuss this seriously?